IGNORED

Football Manager 2013

Mr Wendall

• Admin

okey doke.

not sure how the algorythms works on the game, but I would have thought it would have been left at 19500, because when we do well that is what we can get, so if you do well on the game that is what you should be getting, not basing it on one poor season.

I would put Carey's injury proneness up as well, of course that is if he is still with city, maybe tweak Skuses stats slightly for his decent performances at rightback, a move of 1 level on tackling maybe. dunno, just an idea

Interested to know how the algorithms work too. History shows when we are successful the crowds follow. See end of season crowds when chasing promotion/play-offs (or even avoiding relegation!) & every time we've reached a final we have taken around 40k fans.

Everyone seems to agree that if we made the prem in our new stadium we'd sell out at least half the games.

So why are we talking 17-19.5k max attendance?

Surely this can be inputted as 40k, the low at 11k and the average around 13.5k. That way if you make a League Cup final against say Fulham, the attendance isn't just 55k when we know full well City could take 36-40k ourselves.

Stead needs to be bumped on determination , teamwork and workrate etc. plus i would say first touch .

Although i agree Pitmans finishsing could do with a little lift, i think hes already only on about 11-12 for pace and acceleration anyway which is pretty low for a striker. I would take any negative of his work rate and teamwork instead.

I think Alberts stats are about right but do agree consistency/confidence issues should try to be factored in

Skuse, Elliot, Kilenny, Fonts, Tangs are all ok.

Gerkin could def do with a lift in a fair few areas. Im not saying he is great or has come on leaps and bounds in his development, i just thought his ratigns have always been harsh in the first place.

Maybe a little bump on Bolasie but perhaps more on potential rather than immediate stats

Stead needs to be bumped on determination , teamwork and workrate etc. plus i would say first touch .

Although i agree Pitmans finishsing could do with a little lift, i think hes already only on about 11-12 for pace and acceleration anyway which is pretty low for a striker. I would take any negative of his work rate and teamwork instead.

I think Alberts stats are about right but do agree consistency/confidence issues should try to be factored in

Skuse, Elliot, Kilenny, Fonts, Tangs are all ok.

Gerkin could def do with a lift in a fair few areas. Im not saying he is great or has come on leaps and bounds in his development, i just thought his ratigns have always been harsh in the first place.

Maybe a little bump on Bolasie but perhaps more on potential rather than immediate stats

I agree with all that apart from I would bump Pearson's stats aswell and drop Jamo, Carey and Mccailster.

Interested to know how the algorithms work too. History shows when we are successful the crowds follow. See end of season crowds when chasing promotion/play-offs (or even avoiding relegation!) & every time we've reached a final we have taken around 40k fans.

Everyone seems to agree that if we made the prem in our new stadium we'd sell out at least half the games.

So why are we talking 17-19.5k max attendance?

Surely this can be inputted as 40k, the low at 11k and the average around 13.5k. That way if you make a League Cup final against say Fulham, the attendance isn't just 55k when we know full well City could take 36-40k ourselves.

in game Crowds go up and down on how ell you do in the leagueIn the editor it has a max and min crowd and the game uses that to work out a clubs avg season ticket holders and avg crowds for the first season and then goes up and down on how well you do,

For example I changed it to the suggestion I made to Wendel, my first season in the championship seen me avg 17k as I was top of the league for the majority of the season the game announced I had 11k season ticket holders Games like Peterborough at home gave me a gate of 13k and Birmingham at home gave me a gate of 18k,

I was promoted and in the first season in the prem I have 14k season ticket holders and avg gate of 19k,

The board expanded Ashton Gate to 30k and as I was doing well in the prem (mid table to top 5) my avg gate went up to 26k

So the crowd thing is all about the first season of the game if you become sucsessful your crowd will go up just like in real life,

Wendel will correct me if I'm wrong however (I think this is why sig put in the rep thingy a few years back)

in game Crowds go up and down on how ell you do in the leagueIn the editor it has a max and min crowd and the game uses that to work out a clubs avg season ticket holders and avg crowds for the first season and then goes up and down on how well you do,

For example I changed it to the suggestion I made to Wendel, my first season in the championship seen me avg 17k as I was top of the league for the majority of the season the game announced I had 11k season ticket holders Games like Peterborough at home gave me a gate of 13k and Birmingham at home gave me a gate of 18k,

I was promoted and in the first season in the prem I have 14k season ticket holders and avg gate of 19k,

The board expanded Ashton Gate to 30k and as I was doing well in the prem (mid table to top 5) my avg gate went up to 26k

So the crowd thing is all about the first season of the game if you become sucsessful your crowd will go up just like in real life,

Wendel will correct me if I'm wrong however (I think this is why sig put in the rep thingy a few years back)

This is correct - they ask us to provide what the average attendance was the previous season, what the attendance would be if we were brilliant (regardless of stadium size and division) and what the attendance would be if the worst would happen (we became rovers). I reduced both the highest and lowest fgures so you should have seen a reduction in average attendance from previous games this time around. Has to be said this along with Finances is probably the hardest area to get right as its all very subjective and down to opinion. I mean who could possibly say what our attendance would be if we were in the Prem or Blue Sq south?

This is correct - they ask us to provide what the average attendance was the previous season, what the attendance would be if we were brilliant (regardless of stadium size and division) and what the attendance would be if the worst would happen (we became rovers). I reduced both the highest and lowest fgures so you should have seen a reduction in average attendance from previous games this time around. Has to be said this along with Finances is probably the hardest area to get right as its all very subjective and down to opinion. I mean who could possibly say what our attendance would be if we were in the Prem or Blue Sq south?

on our finance front we should be secure or have an under writer in place (Lansdown) but our chairman loan debt whould be 20 million

Bolasie& Adomah (though he's a bit old to have it) need much better potential, with the right coaching those two should become decent lower end prem players.

Skuse and Jon Stead need better determination, a very important statistic. Skuse also needs a tweak on tackling and off the ball.

Stead probably wants a reduction on decisions but a massive improvement on work rate, determination and team work. He's up there with the best in the country in that regard.

In line with our plans to implement the new cat 2 academy can we perhaps get an improvement on that? get fed up of producing nothing on the game...

Bolasie& Adomah (though he's a bit old to have it) need much better potential, with the right coaching those two should become decent lower end prem players.

Skuse and Jon Stead need better determination, a very important statistic. Skuse also needs a tweak on tackling and off the ball.

Stead probably wants a reduction on decisions but a massive improvement on work rate, determination and team work. He's up there with the best in the country in that regard.

In line with our plans to implement the new cat 2 academy can we perhaps get an improvement on that? get fed up of producing nothing on the game...

I nromally get 1 gem a season to be honest, but I always make the board invest everything in youth devlopment

As some of you know I'm the Bristol City researcher for Football Manager - now the season is coming to a close I've been asked to review the data and amend player ratings were appropriate for the next football manager release.

(Stars based on when you start, so for an average championship club, eg Nolan = 4.5, while Woolford is 2.5 etc)

Squad = (Including loanees)

Dean Gerken - 3

David James - 3, but drops to 2 quickly, possibly gone anyway

Lewis Carey - 1

Ribeiro - 2.5 --> 3 (injury prone)

Edwards - 2.5 --> 3.5

Foster - 3 --> 3.5 (hates big games/pressure)

Spence - 2.5 --> 3.5 (Bad attitude?)

McAllister - 3 --> 2.5 (quickly drops + awful at freekicks!)

McGivern - 3 --> 4

Carey (Most Probably Retired, so to be made a legendary icon at the club)

Fontaine - 4

Nyatanga - 3 --> 3.5

Wilson - 3 --> 4 (injuries)

Amougou - 3

Keinen - 2.5

Elliott - 3

Skuse - 4

Kilkenny - 3

Cisse - 4

Bolasie - 3 --> 4

Adomah - 3.5 --> 4.5

Joe Bryan - 2.5 --> 3.5

Woolford - 2.5

Ephraim - 3 --> 4

Pearson - 3.5

Pitman - 4

Taylor - 2.5 --> 3

Stead- 4

Wood - 3 --> 4

Clarkson - 2.5

(Plus get that young Welsh kid, Joe Morrell, in the U'18s at 0.5-->4.5)

Skuse RB/D/CM

Wood, Pitman + Stead all unconvincing at LAM

Cisse - CB/DMC

Bryan - LM/LB

Bolasie - LRAM

Adomah - RLM/S

Ephraim - RLM/S

Kilkenny - DM,CM,AM

McGivern - LB/CB

Nyatange - CB/LB

Fontaine - CB/LB/GK!!!

Ribeiro - RB/RWB/CB

Edwards - RB/RWB/RM

Foster - RLB/RLM

Pearson - CLM

Wilson - RCB

(Extra positions maybe unconvincing)

No way Pitman will be 17 finishing, that puts him up with the best finishers in the world!

Hahaha, I would settle on 15. But his tactical/movement/spacial awareness attributes have to be high

...With low fitness and motivation to compensate

I think about everything on here has been covered. However as it has been mentioned on here, I really would like it if you can encourage them to either get rid of steam or not make it essential (like it was on the last one I believe?)

It is very annoying needing an internet connection to play it. If the net is down I cant use it or use it when I am out at work!! :tounge:

I think about everything on here has been covered. However as it has been mentioned on here, I really would like it if you can encourage them to either get rid of steam or not make it essential (like it was on the last one I believe?)

It is very annoying needing an internet connection to play it. If the net is down I cant use it or use it when I am out at work!! :tounge:

I am pretty certain you can make it available offline, this was just a good method to help put a stop to illegal file sharing of the game.

Google making it available offline and I'm fairly sure there'll be a way!!!

Doesn't the game just have to download from steam before you can play it offline?

I've clicked on it a few times by accident on my desktop and its loaded without internet.

Archived