IGNORED

Championship 2012-13

ollywhyte

The last time City played Blackburn was in the 1991 - 92 season, City won the home game 1 - 0 on 24th August 1991 with a goal from Wayne Allison and lost the away game 4 - 0 on 11th January 1992.

I vaguely recall going to Blackburn away to watch a 0-4 defeat: presumably this was 92. Anyone who watched Granada Goals that night would have seen me and Mad Cyril depressingly slumped against the railings of the away terrace: a truly miserable day out.

Other than Villa, none of the new away days particularly make me want to travel home, and Villa coming down is a long shot, given QPR have to travel to the Wastelands.

Re Villa, have we played them since the FA Cup in the early 80s?

I vaguely recall going to Blackburn away to watch a 0-4 defeat: presumably this was 92. Anyone who watched Granada Goals that night would have seen me and Mad Cyril depressingly slumped against the railings of the away terrace: a truly miserable day out.

Other than Villa, none of the new away days particularly make me want to travel home, and Villa coming down is a long shot, given QPR have to travel to the Wastelands.

Re Villa, have we played them since the FA Cup in the early 80s?

That Villa cup match.

A dozen or so Villa fans made themselves known in the East End during the match.They were chased out down the slope, and with the gates shut, took refuge in the East End toilets.

A friend of mine was already in there quietly taking a leak when the agitated Villa fans suddenly charged in to escape the City mob .For several minutes he had to silently pretend to be one of them while the City fans shouted and chanted outside until the police, who had managed to position themselves between the two sets of fans at the toilet entrance, somehow succeeded in negotiating their exit.

Lost the match 1-0 (Gary Shaw?) and can't remember playing them since.

Archived