IGNORED

Thank You Louis

bs3

I just wanted to start a nice positive thread to say simply say thankyou to Louis and well done and good luck for the future.

Mods please don't merge with the other thread.

Ps to the few churlish negative posters please don't post here start you own thread.( you know all you are)

Thankyou Louis for your steadfast committment to the club we all love.

It is 17 years since your debut, few of us would have expected you to reach true legend staus back then.

Thankyou in particular for your grit, determination and leadership over the last couple of months. Without this, we could well have ended up in League 1 today. Your selfless courage will be long remembered by us all.

:englandsmile4wf:

Along with Scotty, he's been Mr Bristol City ... Been immense for us, always led by example and was our leader on the pitch ...

Cheers Louis ... Good luck for the future ...

Thanks

(obviously disregard above I've all the rumours become false)

As I posted on the other thread, good luck with whatever you do Louis and thanks for the memories. You will be sadly missed.

2nd only to John Atyeo isn't a bad place to be.

Top man.

Absolutely top man - many thanks for all the good memories and the very best of luck for whatever's next ....

I think it's the wrong decision, his experience is one of the main things that pulled us through over the last few games. The Forest game for example, those 3 points changed the whole season, and who was it giving his all ( and his blood) for the cause,Louis.

In the modern football world the lack of any loyalty is there for all of us to see.

But Louis has shown great loyalty to us and has always given everything for the 90 mins on the pitch. He is a BCFC legend,600+ games is a phenomenal achievement.

So thanks Louis, you have played with the

passion us supporters totally respect.

I think it's the wrong decision, his experience is one of the main things that pulled us through over the last few games. The Forest game for example, those 3 points changed the whole season, and who was it giving his all ( and his blood) for the cause,Louis.

In the modern football world the lack of any loyalty is there for all of us to see.

But Louis has shown great loyalty to us and has always given everything for the 90 mins on the pitch. He is a BCFC legend,600+ games is a phenomenal achievement.

So thanks Louis, you have played with the

passion us supporters totally respect.

So on the basis of 1 win against Forest Carey should get a new deal? Tbh I dont think he was anything special against them, it was Amougou and Gerken who performed the heroics. People need to forget the sentiment and remember that this is football, and he shouldnt of get a new deal for this year let alone next season.

But as I already said, a BCFC legend and good luck to him.

Has there been an official statement that he will be released ? Don't think so.

If he is, then I add my appreciation of his huge commitment to our club over the years. Arguably he has been the "beating heart" of our side. Captain Fantastic was a good description.

We will know next week. On RB today they said that City will issue a list of existing players they want to offer new contracts to.

It is still possible that he will be offered one more year.

What I will always remember is Louis always being a shining light in our team no mater, how our season was going or how the crap players in the side at any given moment were, most of my conversations over the years about Louis contained the sentence "Louis was just Louis", which meant his usual high standard, pride, heart and you always knew what you were getting 100% at all times. You will be missed and the best of luck in whatever you choose to do with the rest of your life.

You are a true BCFC legend, at a time when the term is bandied around far too readily.

I just want to add that sometimes Louis never got the credit that he deserved because as I said "Louis was Louis" and went about his job in the most professional way, a much overlooked player who would have graced the game at a higher standard IMO.

Louis, Great career at city, not something I am likely to see again in my life time.

Happy go lucky bloke off the field, always willing to have a chat with the fans. Always happy to talk to the media. Happy go lucky bloke behind the scenes and on the training pitch. Complete dedicated professional on the pitch, who for me passed on many of the Things he learnt through partnering Taylor on to his numerous defensive partners over the years. Its a testament to the bloke that he was not only team captain but club captain.

I think judging by your eyes, nose, scars and hair loss, we can see you truly went in to battle for city every time you pulled on that Red, yellow or white shirt.

Nothing bad to say about the bloke, other than his bad decision to support Liverpool :) everyone has their cross to bear.

Good luck Louis, wether it be in some capacity with City, or elsewhere. You deserve it.

Louis, Great career at city, not something I am likely to see again in my life time.

Happy go lucky bloke off the field, always willing to have a chat with the fans. Always happy to talk to the media. Happy go lucky bloke behind the scenes and on the training pitch. Complete dedicated professional on the pitch, who for me passed on many of the Things he learnt through partnering Taylor on to his numerous defensive partners over the years. Its a testament to the bloke that he was not only team captain but club captain.

I think judging by your eyes, nose, scars and hair loss, we can see you truly went in to battle for city every time you pulled on that Red, yellow or white shirt.

Nothing bad to say about the bloke, other than his bad decision to support Liverpool :) everyone has their cross to bear.

Good luck Louis, wether it be in some capacity with City, or elsewhere. You deserve it.

+1

A top bloke to share a pint with too.

I know it's a cliche but he is one of a select group of players in recent years who has worn the BCFC shirt with absolute pride and has never ever given anything less than 100% for this football club.

A man who has played through games with numerous facial injuries and even a fractured skull. A man second to only our greatest player of all time in the appearance ranks.

Thanks for everything Louis, one of my all time favorite players, who I will never forget. BRISTOL CITY LEGEND.

I've always had that extra bit of confidence when Louis has been in the team. Personally, I'd liked him to have been given another year on a pay and play contract basis. Totally dedicated to Bristol City and has worn the shirt with pride, passion, determination and class. Add to that he's got a good sense of humour - which is always important in any team - then "in all fairness" we have has the ideal captain for many years. I don't think he is attracted by a coaching role so he will be missed but I am sure Scott Murray will keep him involved in the ex-players initiative.

I am gutted. Louis Carey you will be missed, a player who gives everything for the cause. A player who also had time for the fans which is a rarity these days. Thank you for all the memories and thank you for your shirt today it will be treasured. Lets hope the club does the right thing and gives him a testimonial...............

I can only echo all the positive comments about Louis on here. Even though he new it was his last game yesterday for City he still gave it everything. True City Captain.

If people had seen how broken up he was at the end of the match you would know exactly what it meant to him.

Absolute Legend!

Archived