IGNORED

Joe Lewis & George Boyd

Dolman_Stand

Never understood the fascination with boyd by everyone in the game. Good player yes but not too much better than an on form albert yet you never see or hear the national media cream themselves about him.

Perhaps im missing something but i dont see boyd as a prem player anytime soon.

What gets on my goat and has done for yrs is that we never picked up grant mccann and GJ made him his first bloody signing.

I think there's only two places we shall be looking this summer, Scotland and bargain basement. Johnson has done all the money, the cupboard is bare. We are offloading Cisse because we don't want to pay much, time to accept that we are winding down for the financial fair play rule. On our present crowds we are looking at having one of the lowest wage bills around.

Lewis will end up at a Prem club as back up keeper.

Boyd is a very good player at this level but nowhere near Prem standard. He's 26 now and would of been snapped up long time ago if he was of Prem quality.

Remember he failed on loan when at Forest last season. That will put alot of clubs off. Boyd is defo within our reach. Just depends how much Pboro want for him. 1.2m i reckon would do it. 8 goals and 11 assists this season.

Can play as a AML, ML and AMC. Go get him Del.

Lewis will end up at a Prem club as back up keeper.

Boyd is a very good player at this level but nowhere near Prem standard. He's 26 now and would of been snapped up long time ago if he was of Prem quality.

Remember he failed on loan when at Forest last season. That will put alot of clubs off. Boyd is defo within our reach. Just depends how much Pboro want for him. 1.2m i reckon would do it. 8 goals and 11 assists this season.

Can play as a AML, ML and AMC. Go get him Del.

With the new financial fair play rules kicking in soon, I really don't think it would be wise for City to be spending £1.2 million on a player they don't think is potentially premier league quality, let alone "nowhere near" it. We need to be a lot cuter about our signings than this.

Never understood the fascination with boyd by everyone in the game. Good player yes but not too much better than an on form albert yet you never see or hear the national media cream themselves about him.

Perhaps im missing something but i dont see boyd as a prem player anytime soon.

What gets on my goat and has done for yrs is that we never picked up grant mccann and GJ made him his first bloody signing.

Grant McCann was today put on P'boro's transfer list.

Boyd asked to go on it as he thinks he's too good for P'boro'.

Was on the local radio today Mcgann has never recovered his form since being injured at Leicester. In the past he'd lose the ball about twice a game, towards the end of the season it became a minimuim of five times / game.

Boyd isn't all that, he went on loan to Florist and did nothing, Joe Lewis was once in the senior England squad when all other GK's were injured and has suffered from a massive loss in form.

I wouldn't necessarily want either.

Boyd isn't all that, he went on loan to Florist and did nothing, Joe Lewis was once in the senior England squad when all other GK's were injured and has suffered from a massive loss in form.

Sometimes it takes a move to regain some form.

Archived