IGNORED

New Goalkeeper

RockleazeRed

Doubt anyone ever looks at the forum from the club anymore!

But I really hope Wesley De Ruiter at Excelsior in Holland is someone that we're aware of in the Eredivisie, absolutely quality keeper, young and with enough experience to jump straight into the team. Wouldn't have thought wages would be a major problem considering the way wages are structured for pro footballers in Holland as well.

Who ? Not much info on Wiki about him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_de_Ruiter

If that is true, and I'll take anything from that junk site with a pinch of salt, I am wondering why the op rates him. 26 and struggling to get close to 50 appearances.

What doed anyone know about him that makes him a good proposition?

I'm not gonna say he is crap as I have never heard of him.

Fair enough point TRL

It comes from a bizarre tendency to watch the Dutch premier league. Very agressive, commanding keeper. He hasn't played all that many games because he had a Chris Weale type scenario, stuck behind a number 1 who clearly wasn't going anywhere. He's highly rated in Holland at the moment.

I have the same view of watching players on youtube as researching them on wikipedia, it gives you nowhere near the view of the actual player, but he's up there as well.

Fair enough point TRL

It comes from a bizarre tendency to watch the Dutch premier league. Very agressive, commanding keeper. He hasn't played all that many games because he had a Chris Weale type scenario, stuck behind a number 1 who clearly wasn't going anywhere. He's highly rated in Holland at the moment.

I have the same view of watching players on youtube as researching them on wikipedia, it gives you nowhere near the view of the actual player, but he's up there as well.

Thanks for that rockleaze, nice to hear from someone who knows something about obscurish players, other than info gleaned from FM :)

In terms of a potential signing, if he is well thought of, what chance of signing him. I hadn't heard of vorm until Swansea signed him, but they did that as a prem team. I am guessing this guy, if now a first teamer in the dutch top flight will be looking higher than championship? Or not?

Dutch have a good record of producing good keepers.

I think looking at leagues like the Eredivisie is exactly what we need to be doing. There is quality out there and at prices we could definitely compete with. As someone mentioned, look at Swansea and Vorm. With our record on scouting, sadly I think we have no idea what is happening in Holland though.

Wouldn't mind Lewis from Peterbrough!

Make him our first choice or he wouldnt come here though

Not so sure, he had a good reputation at on point, bu I am sure he has been in and out of the Posh side over the past couple of years. (happy to be proved wrong|) Just don't think he has pushed on, and interest has really waned.

That said, he could just need a good kick up the ass to get moving again.

Bobby Olejnink of Torquay? Just made a record number of clean sheets. Also named in the league 2 team of the year, formerly played in Scotland? Only 25, maybe sub keeper to Gerken.

There was a rumour around Xmas that we were supposed to be looking at him, although I'd guess Neil Alexander is the most likely arrival, this guy wouldn't shock me.

Am I being stupid?! but what's wrong with Deano? Yeah we need a no 2 but surely were not talking about bringing yet another keeper in ahead of him? He was a great no 1 before James came and del has shown he thinks Deano is better than James by dropping him and letting him go.

If your looking for our no2 then carry on.

Not forgetting the young Lewis.... I have no idea if he is any good though. He's had his contract renewed so del obviously has plans for him?

Am I being stupid?! but what's wrong with Deano? Yeah we need a no 2 but surely were not talking about bringing yet another keeper in ahead of him? He was a great no 1 before James came and del has shown he thinks Deano is better than James by dropping him and letting him go.

Not forgetting the young Lewis.... I have no idea if he is any good though. He's had his contract renewed so del obviously has plans for him?

On Del's interview today he said he wants to try and loan out Lewis at a higher level i.e. football league

Completely agree bywaterred!!

Gerken on several occasions now has proved plenty of us wrong, that in actual fact he can be our number 1. I remember watching him at St. James's against the toon and that day he was incredible. Let alone the more recent games such as Florist away. Every keeper has there flops and bad games, as do outfield players. Its just a fact that as a keeper you will get punished for them 99% of the time!!

Reading from the official site, McInnes has plan's to loan out young Carey to a club in a league or two below before introducing him to the number 2 position permanently. He has had rave reviews from his time at Gloucester City and i think we may see him in Pre-season in the sticks.

In regards to bringing in a keeper, which i can seriously see happening there are definitely a few candidates out there that we could really look at:

Dorus De Vries - 31 year old number 2 at Wolves. (Wages may be a push but he is still a quality keeper and could be persuaded by potentially becoming our number 1)

Joe lewis - 24 year old Free Transfer (As mentioned in other posts, Lewis has potential but this season he really has had a shocker. Still young and could give us a bedrock to build from the back in the off season if the deal and coaching is right)

Brad Guzan - 27 year old number 2 at Villa and USA (Rumoured to be wanting to quit Villa Park in the summer, has had two good loan spells at Hull City, and reading reviews etc he seems to be coming into his prime)

Fabian Giefer - 21 year old number 2 at Bayer Leverkusen (Possible loan deal is more likely, Huge presence for such a young age and has great potential)

Antonis Georgallides - 30 year old number 1/2 at AC Omonoia (Not the most likeliest of candidates but this keeper is regarded as the best goalkeeper in cyprus and is on low wages, being an integral part of the setup in Nicosia he may not want to leave)

Anssi Jaakkola - 25 year old number 1/2 at Kilmarnock (Another keeper with a huge presence and looking for a move away. Linked to us in summer)

Butland on loan for the season. If Brum dont go up he'll end up in the Prem anyway come next season.

Dont trust Gerkin.

Why? because he was instremental in our undefeated run at the end of the season which saved us from relegation?

Archived