IGNORED

Ridiculous Players' Wages

redlandrebel

Reading how Barcelona's players are the highest paid sports people on the planet - http://tiny.cc/3lmodw - I wondered if, when people talk about footballers earning £XXK per week, that means they are paid that for the week - in the season - but don't get paid in the close season. Obviously it won't make a huge difference but if they're on £100K a week for 40 odd weeks as opposed to 52 weeks that's a difference of around £1 milllion (for Barcelona players).

Don't Spain have a 20% top rate of tax for sportspersons? While players get more.. the club probably are playing less out than the likes of Man City etc

New York Yankees in value for money shocker:

Football:

38 game domestic season

13 game CL season

6 games domestic cup

3,420 minutes

GBP5,260,313

GBP1,538.10/minute

NBA

81 game regular season

24 games play-offs (assume 6 game series)

48 minutes a game (no overtime)

5,040 minutes

GBP3,804,441

GBP 754.85/minute

MLB

162 game regular season

12 game regular season (6 game season, and win division)

3 hour games

31,320 minutes

GBP3,748,831

GBP119.70/minute

And yes, slow work day today...

The answer is in the table, average weekly pay = £101,160, average annual pay £5,260,313 (52 times the weekly amount).

I confess to not having scrolled down to read the table! Now that I have, I see it mentions IPL teams - I thought the IPL only played a few weeks per year. How come then that their weekly wages are scaled up to a much larger annual sum?

Still think how much players in England pay in income tax. I reckon the Man City team pays about £2million a week to the tax man!

You'd be shocked to see how little tax players in England pay..... quite a few are paid via their own "sports companies or limited companies" rather than directly, totally legit tax avoidance schemes that the government now preach as immoral, but note they haven't closed them!! David Beckham & Thierry Henry were fine examples of such schemes (alledgedly)

Archived