IGNORED

The Sun, Hodgson Front Page

Carey 6

I think the main problem here is the front page main headline. It wasn't a side sketch tucked away (not that it Shud make it right) but a front page headline.

Sun has previous of this though with Hillsborough so we shudnt be surprised. Scum of the earth.

i don't think this is in any way, shape or form comparable to the headlines and stories in The Sun following Hillsborough.

The Sun has a history of poor taste front pages. After England, managed by Graham Taylor, lost to Sweden the headline was Swedes 2 Turnips 1. Later when England failed fo qualify for the World Cup, the paper kept to their horticultural theme when they reported on that resignation:

Graham%20Taylor%20-%20Sun%20Turnip%20200.jpg

Sent to the press complaints commission and the customer services department of this awful rag....

Dear Sir / madam,

As a one time reader of your newspaper, I have to register my disgust

at your front page referring to Roy Hodgson and his speech impediment.

I am a parent of a child with a speech impediment and would be

horrified if he saw your supposedly comical headline.

I refer you to your core vales....

Our Core Values

The Sun passionately subsists on the core values of teamwork, respect,

innovation, integrity and professionalism (T.R.I.P).

T = We believe that we will serve our customers (readers) and other

stakeholders better when we work as a team.

R = We are committed to treating our employees and other people with

respect, dignity; in a fair and equitable manner.

I = We are committed to continuous innovation as the best means to deliver

value. We also believe in conducting our business with integrity and with

the highest standard of ethics and accountability.

P = We are committed to being a professional, flexible and learning

organization.

I do not think the headline treats anybody 'with

respect' as mentioned above.

It has taken many years to give my son the confidence to handle his

impediment and I feel your headline would have shattered that

confidence if he had seen it.

Hang your heads in utter shame!

Yours sincerely

XXXXXX - an ex-Sun reader.

Guess what? No reply.

I don't think it's "disgusting" or any such thing like that... It's just really not funny.

Taking the piss and banter are some of the best aspects of British culture for me, but only when it is humorous, in this case it is almost completely devoid of that.

Exactly bud as Billy Connolly once said 'about as funny as an orphanage burning down', I don't see the same righteous indignation when the press and even guests do the same to Jonathon Ross and as he so rightly said 'life's to short, to bother about it', I just think yet again the PC brigade have taken this up and other people think that they should be on the bandwagon.

The Sun reminds me very much of a dirty old man sitting at his breakfast table in his stained underpants reading about paedos whilst googling at teenage tits on page 3.

Let's face it, The Sun is tired, it relies on 'humour' that is stuck well and truly in the 1980s, has politics that harangues its dwindling sub-intelligent readership to vote for people who will keep them well and truly downtrodden (unless you are scotch) - like its horrible wrinkled australian owner - it needs putting out of its misery.

not being funny, but every single red top paper is a joke, anyone remember the ****** shitty Mirror front page pre England v Germany in euro 96? They dont like it up em??? My missus and I were two of 35,000 people who complained to them and the pcc.

Leave the standard politically motivated anti murdoch stuff out of it, and you find its exactly the same as all red tops, raw meat thrown for the readers of such rags.

For the record their coverage of the vast majority of games they cover pisses all over all other red tops (Though not papers like the Times) and thats why its read by so many. spot on observation about the headline being inspired by the fact Redknapp didnt get the job and yes the headline was bang out of order..

The Sun reminds me very much of a dirty old man sitting at his breakfast table in his stained underpants reading about paedos whilst googling at teenage tits on page 3.

Let's face it, The Sun is tired, it relies on 'humour' that is stuck well and truly in the 1980s, has politics that harangues its dwindling sub-intelligent readership to vote for people who will keep them well and truly downtrodden (unless you are scotch) - like its horrible wrinkled australian owner - it needs putting out of its misery.

Most of the country vote Labour or Tory - if those two parties are the ones who are keeping us downtrodden which party is our shining beacon of hope ?

not being funny, but every single red top paper is a joke, anyone remember the ****** shitty Mirror front page pre England v Germany in euro 96? They dont like it up em??? My missus and I were two of 35,000 people who complained to them and the pcc.

Leave the standard politically motivated anti murdoch stuff out of it, and you find its exactly the same as all red tops, raw meat thrown for the readers of such rags.

For the record their coverage of the vast majority of games they cover pisses all over all other red tops (Though not papers like the Times) and thats why its read by so many. spot on observation about the headline being inspired by the fact Redknapp didnt get the job and yes the headline was bang out of order..

Political motivation doesn't come into it. The s*n is by no means the only newspaper to have ever printed/done something tasteless or downright awful, but it's certainly been the worst for it.

Don't want to stray into politics too much, but the Sun, yuck. It bewilders me why people buy the Sun, oh the irony of the Sun's fake patriotic stance on England's football team coming from an evil wrinkled old australian living in America with his purchased chinese wifelet, urging his sun journos to cook up some more tripe about England's chances, then turning on the manager as soon as it inevitably goes wrong.

Spot on Bucks. Murdoch has now been found out, hopefully there will be some justice for what he has done.

The most vehement anti Sun readers are quite often Mirror readers, a publication which is just as bad.

The Mirror once had an abhorrent owner with a dynasty as well, namely Robert Maxwell. This loathsome man stole huge sums of money from the pension funds of many hardworking people, notably Purnell workers at Paulton. Many were left with next to nothing.

One such cover "story" from the Mirror should never be forgotten, one of the most disgusting produced by ANY newspaper.

To support it's anti-war stance, the Mirror concocted a story about our troops abusing Iraqi prisoners. They went so far as to dress a man in fatigues, and take a picture of him urinating over a supposed prisoner, who was hooded at the time.

Within a few days the story was exposed as fake.

How low can anybody get ?

Fabricating stories about our troops abusing prisoners, while they are in combat in a foreign war zone. BLOODY DESPICABLE !!

And if he ever comes back we might do it (to it's owner that is.)

The Sun has a history of poor taste front pages. After England, managed by Graham Taylor, lost to Sweden the headline was Swedes 2 Turnips 1. Later when England failed fo qualify for the World Cup, the paper kept to their horticultural theme when they reported on that resignation:

Graham%20Taylor%20-%20Sun%20Turnip%20200.jpg

I don't think that was in poor taste: it was simply a rather bad pun on Swedes. The issue with Hodgson is that the Sun have chosen to focus on a physical impediment.

I'm afraid Graham Taylor deserved most of what he got as England manager. His behaviour during that last match against Holland was probably the most embarrassing performance by any football manager, far worse than McClaren putting an umbrella up (personally, I've never seen the problem with that - what's so great about getting wet?).

Archived