IGNORED

Pre Season Tour

redpole

Can't imagine it will be to far away, would seem like a bit of a waste of money seeing as we are trying to tighten up and all that. Maybe Scotland for obvious reasons but Del might have some other ideas. But probably the usual of touring the south west i expect.

I think it will be interesting if he takes a similar approach to the previous couple of managers and splits the squad into two groups of experienced and youth players. I think the tours of the little places around the South West is good PR as much as anything else, puts some money into local football through gates and drums up a bit of interest amongst kids who don't get to travel to the Gate very often.

I think it will be interesting if he takes a similar approach to the previous couple of managers and splits the squad into two groups of experienced and youth players. I think the tours of the little places around the South West is good PR as much as anything else, puts some money into local football through gates and drums up a bit of interest amongst kids who don't get to travel to the Gate very often.

I get where your coming from, but dont forget the alst few seasons we have been working with a 34/35 man squad.....with the massive cut we have just had, our squad is more or less going to be an average side Championship squad next season

I think it would be good to keep the squad together no matter where they go be it scotland, south west or anywhere else. It gives the fringe and younger players to show Del what they are all about and its also i good oppurtunity for them to play matches with 1st team experienced pro's. Its even more important if they are going to play a role in the coming season, it would certainley benefit players such as bryan and edwards.

Start the search for flights then!!

Friday - Wednesday night at St Christopher's Inn next to Waverley Station in Edinburgh is £60 for six nights B&B if you stay in a 10 berth mixed sex dormitiory. I've stayed there before; beds are soft, bathroom is spotless and you get 10% discount on food & drink in the bar next door.

Then on Saturday Edinburgh - Perth on the train £8.00 each way, Monday Edinburgh - Dundee £6.60 each way and Wednesday Edinburgh - Dunfermline £6.20 return. Trains are running in time to get you to the games and back to Edinb afterwards.

Friday night to Thursdfay morning B&B plus train travel to all three games = £95.40 TOTAL. Upto you how you get to Edinburgh. Living in P'boro' I can get there for £33.50 and just £16.00 to get home again.

Friday - Wednesday night at St Christopher's Inn next to Waverley Station in Edinburgh is £60 for six nights B&B if you stay in a 10 berth mixed sex dormitiory. I've stayed there before; beds are soft, bathroom is spotless and you get 10% discount on food & drink in the bar next door.

Then on Saturday Edinburgh - Perth on the train £8.00 each way, Monday Edinburgh - Dundee £6.60 each way and Wednesday Edinburgh - Dunfermline £6.20 return. Trains are running in time to get you to the games and back to Edinb afterwards.

Friday night to Thursdfay morning B&B plus train travel to all three games = £95.40 TOTAL. Upto you how you get to Edinburgh. Living in P'boro' I can get there for £33.50 and just £16.00 to get home again.

So about £150 for travel and accommodation and then another £500 for 6 nights on the ale in Edinburgh!!! Great city and a really good hostel that, always a gaggle of fit Kiwi and Aussie birds working behind the bar. I'm sorely tempted as we're supposed to be having a holiday in Scotland this year, not entirely sure that's days out in Perth and Dunfermline were what our lass had in mind though....

Going up on the 28th back on the 2nd...the lazy way...

Flights £60

Car Hire for all days £115 + Fuel

Match tickets £30 ish

Beer (hmmm)

Accomodation No more than £150 if you dont mind staying in a rats nest..

more than happy with that, being i live in Arbroath and thats only a few miles from me. Any body thats wants any info re pubs or places to stay let me know nd ill find out for you.

Do you know of any pubs with rooms or B&B's that are reasonably priced? I have got return trains from London (where I live) for £35.00 but will be on a budget as I am off to the Ukraine. Any help would be appreciated. Will probably be going with wife and 1 year old.

Archived