IGNORED

Poole Town V Gosport Borough........ Anyone Fancy Going?

Dorset_Cider

Not the mighty Bristol City FC......... but always better than watching the gas!

Given the opportunity to sit in watching TV with the other half or going as a casual (no not that type of casual) I thought I get the prawn sandwichs ready and do a bit of glory seeking

In the hope that Poole Town win :)

Monday 7th May 2012 3pm kick off

Evo-Stik Southern Division 1 (South & West)

Play-Off Final

Poole Town v Gosport Borough

There is talk of there being a massive gate on the day....... might even hit 1001 (the one being me)

Any City fans down here in Dorset fancy going or have nothing better to do.......... about £10.00 on the day...... £5.00 for pensioners and I guess the same for nippers

I did tell the Father in law........ that the kick-off time had been changed because Sky wanted to show the game....... being a big 'Poole Town' supporter he believed me until I told him I was just joking.

Were the ground not a conplete hole then I would. The clubhouse is a tiny Portakabin as are most of the facilities, there's no hard standing all around the ground (Southern League requirement) and they've got a shed on wheels for a club shop! Really hope Gosport go up after seeing their progress over the last few years, Up the Boro

Poole should win this, they looked the better of the 2 sides when I saw them against mangotsfield. But I can't help wanting Steve Claridge to add to his collection of play off winning goals.

OMG (as the kids say) .......... that's a 'FLASH BACK'............old age pensioner gets goal that lets the other team win promotion.......makes me feel all Wembley again......

Two other play offs today that I'm interested in.

In the rugby (I know, many of you despise the sport), but Bristol are at Cornish Pirates in the first leg of the play off semi final. Bris lead 17-9 athalf time with the return leg Sunday.

Back with football, I had many happy family holidays on the Suffolk coast and today Lowestoft are in the Isthmian League play off final v Hornchurch. Win today and Lowestoft are in the Conference South. As I tell my Tractor Boy nephew, two more promotions and Ipswich's rivals won't be Norwich, but Lowestoft..

Bris got smashed in second half, 46-24 FT

The Championship is a total arse, no automatic promotion just a play off system that makes the season nearly 10 months long

Bris got smashed in second half, 46-24 FT

The Championship is a total arse, no automatic promotion just a play off system that makes the season nearly 10 months long

Sums up the farce which is egg chasing, finish top and then go into a play situation. Joke.

Sums up the farce which is egg chasing, finish top and then go into a play situation. Joke.

A play-off situation where the team you are playing against are not even allowed to get promoted!!!

Steve Claridge just scored a couple of Gosport in ET.

Poole should win this, they looked the better of the 2 sides when I saw them against mangotsfield. But I can't help wanting Steve Claridge to add to his collection of play off winning goals.

The Claridge factor...........You would have liked the game then :)

Soft third by Claridge but by that time Poole Town had run out of steam.

My match report....... Hoof ball from the start and for most of the game, followed by Poole Town getting an important goal and holding on right into injury time.

At the start of extra time Gosport Borough just looked far more up for it and did what they needed to make the game safe.

The Claridge factor...........You would have liked the game then :)

Soft third by Claridge but by that time Poole Town had run out of steam.

My match report....... Hoof ball from the start and for most of the game, followed by Poole Town getting an important goal and holding on right into injury time.

At the start of extra time Gosport Borough just looked far more up for it and did what they needed to make the game safe.

A slightly more eloquent version from a Poole Town fan....................... On the Poole Town FC forum

peterlep

Football can be a cruel game. Today Poole found that to be the case. In a very tight game Marvin Brooks' sumptuous volley to give Poole the lead looked like being the difference. Then 2 minutes in to 4 of stoppage veteran Claridge pokes the ball home for Gosport.

Gosport then took control in the first period of extra time - Bennett outpacing Walker to give them the lead before a tame shot from Claridge trickled past Hutchings to seal it. From then on Poole seemed to lack ideas and Gosport sealed promotion.

This was tough on Poole who had probably looked the more likely to score another. After 7 minutes it looked like Brooks had headed in (but not). Then Bennett looked to have scored for Gosport but hit the post for Hutchings to collect.

In the second half chances fell to both teams but Poole still looked capable of holding on before that cruel final twist.

Such a shame for all of the Poole squad who have been tremendous this season. They have done us proud. You could see how much it hurt them at the end.

But next season we must be one of the favourites for the title - something no-one could have said at the start of this season. This shows how far we have come so quickly. We will back to support you for what we will be another great season.

Fantastic support today - does anyone know the crowd? Lets hope a few more come back as regulars.

A special thanks again to Lewis on his final match for Poole - you have done so well here.

However much it hurts to say it, well done to Gosport on your promotion.

Read more: http://samspud.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=recent#ixzz1uD1VQRqv

But next season we must be one of the favourites for the title - something no-one could have said at the start of this season. This shows how far we have come so quickly. We will back to support you for what we will be another great season.

Sounds familiar, ish

Sounds familiar, ish

Chilling mate chilling :)

Archived