IGNORED

Please Welcome Brfc To The Championship

CiderArmyy

Can remember going to the old school Ewood Park when it was mostly standing, one huge terrace on one side and a rickety old wooden stand where the main stand is today, think it got burnt down at one stage.

Ground has been completely redeveloped since then, they even bought some houses and knocked them down to allow space for the new main stand.

Proper Lancashire town is Blackburn, small cobbled streets/lanes and decent beer as well.

BCAGFC

Jack Walker must be turning in his grave. His trustees were the ones that sold out to the venkys yet seem to get little of the blame.

Fair play to Wigan though, if they keep the formation, players and momentum into next season they should sit comfortably in mid table.

Jack Walker must be turning in his grave. His trustees were the ones that sold out to the venkys yet seem to get little of the blame.

Fair play to Wigan though, if they keep the formation, players and momentum into next season they should sit comfortably in mid table.

Venkys weren't even at the game tonight.. how can these people be allowed to buy a football club...

Can remember going to the old school Ewood Park when it was mostly standing, one huge terrace on one side and a rickety old wooden stand where the main stand is today, think it got burnt down at one stage.

Ground has been completely redeveloped since then, they even bought some houses and knocked them down to allow space for the new main stand.

Proper Lancashire town is Blackburn, small cobbled streets/lanes and decent beer as well.

BCAGFC

Agree mate,went there in about 91?, still terracing in the away end then.

Also worth pointing out that they have the highest percentage of "local" fans in the Prem.

I'm hoping QPR come down now, we need some shorter away trips next year.

Agree with that but I can't say I missed him when he left AG. He must be the luckiest and least gifted player ever to play in the PL. A 100% trier but not much else

I must say that I cannot disagree, good championship player but certainly not a premier league player. Good luck to him, he will get a good reception at the gate i'm sure

Agree with that but I can't say I missed him when he left AG. He must be the luckiest and least gifted player ever to play in the PL. A 100% trier but not much else

Luckiest and least gifted???

There have been plenty worse than Bradley. Even from our fair club you need look no further than Richard Dryden

I reckon he's probably slightly more in a position to decide that than a fan!!!!

Managers are judged on results sadly, and Kean hasn't got enough. He seems like a bloke who works hard, defends his players at all times, is very positive but at the end of the day the results haven't been anywhere near good enough.

no,

we played them last in 1992

t'were a classic wayne allison goal that - a miskick from two yards that somehow dribbled into the net???

ultimately ironic that blackburn, one of the clubs that first started the silly money, now finds itself outspent and on its arse.

Can't believe Kean has got so much stick, he's been asked to be everything at the club while the no face owners have not lifted a finger to help him. They've wanted a premier league club but have been anything but premier league owners.

Managers are judged on results sadly, and Kean hasn't got enough. He seems like a bloke who works hard, defends his players at all times, is very positive but at the end of the day the results haven't been anywhere near good enough.

It was always going to be tough after losing experienced players with over 1,000 games at the highest level between them.

I feel sorry for him, the owners should be the single bastion of hatred at the club, he was the cheap option, I still think that he may well prove to be a very good manager in the future, Bradley seems to think he's the best he's worked with so he must have something, unfortunately for him that something wasn't a transfer budget.....

Can't believe Kean has got so much stick, he's been asked to be everything at the club while the no face owners have not lifted a finger to help him. They've wanted a premier league club but have been anything but premier league owners.

Agree with that largely, I don't think Steve Kean is a particularly good manager, but he's had absolutely no backing from the board what so ever. They have let a lot of their better players go and have brought nothing in at all.

At least if you are going to stick by your manager you have to at least hep him in the transfer market.

The fit and proper persons test in this country is clearly a joke as the Venkys group clearly haven't got a clue how to run a sports business.

It was always going to be tough after losing experienced players with over 1,000 games at the highest level between them.

I feel sorry for him, the owners should be the single bastion of hatred at the club, he was the cheap option, I still think that he may well prove to be a very good manager in the future, Bradley seems to think he's the best he's worked with so he must have something, unfortunately for him that something wasn't a transfer budget.....

as an outsider looking in the blackburn situation is as bizarre as they come. but the national sympathy vote kean is receving is ill-judged i find - at the end of the day he is a poor manager. no matter what the excuses are, the bottom line is would you want him at AG? i'd be surprised to find any takers. So i certainly don't apportion any ill will towards the blackburn fans who've hounded him. the circumstances haven't helped him sure, but in the physical absence of the mysterious venkys he is the natural target - who else are the blackburn fans meant to protest at? a supermarket that sells venkys chickens?? he is seen as yes man and almost an extension of the board, and given the situation you can't fault that. neither has he helped himself with the drink driving episode - and not being man enough to face his responsibilty - and weird late night calls to local jounralists. he's clearly out of his depth - much like millen was. that the blackburn fans are in full revolt can't be a surprise: how long did we give millen? they've had to put up with far, far worse.

Record of all our games against Blackburn at the following link:

http://www.11v11.com...on/Bristol City

Last home game August 91 (won 1-0), last away game January 92 (lost 4-0)

That last home game you mention was my first ever City game. Wayne Allison got the winner. I think Kenny Dalglish took over there not long after that and they got promoted that year, signed Alan Shearer that summer, and the rest is history.

What's happened to that club is a disgrace, and while I don't rate Kean much as a manager, the owners have left him to take all the flak from the fans. Some of the personal abuse he's taken is disgusting.

Bradley Orr is a top man, Gary Neville was full of praise for him on Sky afterwards, saying he's the sort of character Blackburn will need next season, and how he'll have gone up in a lot of peoples' estimation for the way he came out and fronted up, you could tell he was devastated during the interview.

The Championship is turning into the Northern league. 196 miles to Blackburn, better get the car serviced!! Apart from them over the bridge, our nearest game is Wolves!

Well some of us are quite happy about it, especially if Bolton join Blackburn in getting relegated, and Sheff Utd or Huddersfield come up through the playoffs :dancing6:

Record of all our games against Blackburn at the following link:

http://www.11v11.com...on/Bristol City

Last home game August 91 (won 1-0), last away game January 92 (lost 4-0)

My memory is a bit weak on this game. I seem to remember it was a scuffed goal that took about a fortnight to roll in? One of only 2 occasions I have ever watched a game from the Williams. What can I say, the ticket was free, I'm a cheapskate.

Nice to see you showing a little appreciation of Wigan and the continuation of their fine achievements.

This Blackburn Situation is very much like the Donny situation.

The fans every right to hate Kean, he is man of choice of the Venkys, he knows exactly what is going on, and is a part of the problem, he and the owners should be hounded out, they are all part of something that is not quite right, and a lot of it revolves around a Agent having too much influence and friendship with the Manager and owners.

Both Donny and Blackburn have gone down the route of letting a agent have too big a influence over how a team is setup, and which manager is in charge of the team. It is a disgrace, I hope the Blackburn fans get their club back from the parasites directing, owning and managing the club. It is scandalous

Archived