IGNORED

To Del, My Striker Suggestions

So we need to replace Maynard and although I like Pitman, his lack of pace irritates me. So here are my new Maynard suggestions that are less well known. All are from EU so will get work permits. Any more non british striker ideas?

Artjoms Rudņev

Club: Lech Poznan

Goals: 11/12: 22

Apps: 11/12: 29

Contract: 2 years remaining

Age 24

Jérémy Perbet

Club: RAEC Bergen Mons

Goals: 11/12 25

Apps: 11/12 35

Contract: ?

Sanharib Malki Sabah

Club: Roda JC

Apps: 11/12 33

Contract:?

So we need to replace Maynard and although I like Pitman, his lack of pace irritates me. So here are my new Maynard suggestions that are less well known. All are from EU so will get work permits. Any more non british striker ideas?

Artjoms Rudņev

Age 24

Jérémy Perbet

Sanharib Malki Sabah

Can assume that none of them have ever played in England?

Artjoms Rudņev

Age 24

Jérémy Perbet

Sanharib Malki Sabah

I remember seeing him linked with a few big clubs in Italy and Germany.

one assumes your knowledge of such players comes courtesy of Football Manager as opposed to any recent scouting trips to Belgium, Poland and beyond?

Although a player of FM, I have never glanced at them on the game. I included their goal scoring stats to show they arnt just good on a game but in real life. And although any player can look good on youtube, they all look pretty tidy there too

One player who i would love to sign is someone called Gabriel Torje, Romanian player. Saw him play at Ashton Gate when we had the England u21 match here a few years back. Thought he was outstanding!

No chance, he's now at Udinese and they value him at 10M at the very least.

I agree though, at AG he was very dangerous.

Although a player of FM, I have never glanced at them on the game. I included their goal scoring stats to show they arnt just good on a game but in real life. And although any player can look good on youtube, they all look pretty tidy there too

only joshing :) would love some exotica added to the frontline in fairness, rather than the journeymen strikers we traditionally end with

8 goals in nearly 90 appearances for Bristol Rovers?

No ta.

Bit like that Carayol bloke some fools want us to sign, then.

Remember Hoskins, that one they had last year who was their big hope? Blagged £500k out of Brighton- by season's end he was back on loan in League One, no Gas mediocrity thanks.

Artjoms Rudņev

Age 24

Jérémy Perbet

Sanharib Malki Sabah

Without meaning to sound all negative and that, I'd be willing to bet money that they'll be rubbish; at least the 2nd two will be. A quick check on Wikipedia for stats shows that Perbet and Malki are having the first decent seasons of their careers at the age of 27. Prior to this season they've been knocking about in the lower Belgian and French divisions not scoring that many goals. I imagine none of them particulary speak English and the work permit issues you state as being non-existent would actually probably be a big problem; Rudnev is Latvian and Malki is Syrian though the latter may have picked up an EU passport if he's been around for long enough

I'm not saying they're all rubbish, just that signing players from abroad of whom we know only stats and a couple of YouTube vids is a minefield

Surely if you're looking for foreign players nobody has heard of, then you should be looking at Argentina. They seem to have plenty of quality players who play well all over europe.

How about this one;

St Johnstone forward Derek Riordan has been arrested over an alleged disturbance at a popular night spot in Edinburgh. The 29-year-old is due to appear at Edinburgh Sheriff Court on Tuesday.

I hope this is also in jest.

Not sure that Jackson or Fuller would be that unrealistic and if Kightly is being released I can't see a Prem club taking a chance on him with his injury record, though I would think every club in te championship would be having a look

Not sure that Jackson or Fuller would be that unrealistic and if Kightly is being released I can't see a Prem club taking a chance on him with his injury record, though I would think every club in te championship would be having a look

Kightly had a superb loan spell at Watford this year, and it's no secret what a quality player he is. Teams better than us will take a chance on him if he leaves Wolves. Fuller is only 32 and will attract similar interest, Jackson will go to a top end Championship club if he leaves, he showed himself to be a quality Championship striker towards the back end of last season. Don't get me wrong, I've love each and every one of them down here, but there is 0 chance of it happening.

After the Styvar signing the club said it will be a while before we explore the foreign market again.

Young hungry & cheap players on our door step we should to be going for.

Pack (Chelt) O'kane (Torquay) Sercombe (Exeter) Ayling (Yeovil) Ritchie (Swindon) Oshodi (Forest Green). Not on our doorstep but worth a look is - Judge (Notts C) Jacobs (Northampton) & Freeman (Stevenage).

Their's loads of talented younsters out their we just need a whole new scouting network to find them.....

I would take a punt on Andy Williams, Yeovil, out of contract.

Just don't want to take "a punt" on anyone this year. We need someone who has a good goal scoring record at this level or above.

If we don't want a repeat of the last 2 years we need to stay away from players in lower divisions that "show promise" we simply can't afford the risk

Kightly had a superb loan spell at Watford this year, and it's no secret what a quality player he is. Teams better than us will take a chance on him if he leaves Wolves. Fuller is only 32 and will attract similar interest, Jackson will go to a top end Championship club if he leaves, he showed himself to be a quality Championship striker towards the back end of last season. Don't get me wrong, I've love each and every one of them down here, but there is 0 chance of it happening.

With Fuller I think wages may be more of an issue than anything, but I don't necessarily think Jackson will ne out of the question. I don't think we'll sign him as I think Del's preference will be to look to Scotland and the lower leagues (rough gems, etc) but I do think that as a manager, he is far more likely to convince a player of his and the clubs ambitions than Millen ever was

Archived