IGNORED

Rangers

Of all the clubs who have entered administration over the years, if I was a Rangers fan I honestly wouldn't give a moments thought to how bad the situation is. In fact, I would be hoping it did go the wall because they would start off in the SPL again with no debt.

Celtic need Rangers to be in the top division, the rest of the SPL teams need Rangers in the top division and scottish football need Rangers in the top division, so even if they did go the wall, a phoenix club called Rangers/ Glasgow Rangers or whatever, would walk straight back into the top flight and start again.

Of all the clubs who have entered administration over the years, if I was a Rangers fan I honestly wouldn't give a moments thought to how bad the situation is. In fact, I would be hoping it did go the wall because they would start off in the SPL again with no debt.

Celtic need Rangers to be in the top division, the rest of the SPL teams need Rangers in the top division and scottish football need Rangers in the top division, so even if they did go the wall, a phoenix club called Rangers/ Glasgow Rangers or whatever, would walk straight back into the top flight and start again.

Not sure but think if they go to the wall they have to start again in the lowest league not the premier?

Not sure but think if they go to the wall they have to start again in the lowest league not the premier?

This is usually the case but, without Celtic and Rangers in the top flight, there is no money going into scottish football from anywhere. TV companies just aren't interested in buying the rights if you haven't got both teams there.

They might put in sanctions along the lines of no European football for a few years, to satisfy the other clubs, and carry out the transfer embargo threat, but it wont amount to very much. Scottish football has only itself to blame for giving too much power to Rangers and Celtic.

A recent survey has shown sixty per cent of Scottish fans will jack in watching spl football if Newco Rangers are allowed into the spl. They must start in division three for the integrity of the league. What will happen when another team goes to the wall? Will they get the same treatment as Rangers? Me thinks not.

Think the fans are quite glad, they didn't seem to enamoured with this preferred buyer.

There are another 2 or 3 still interested anyway

I think what they actually did was chant 'go home yank' at the weekend game v Motherwell.

Sometimes beggars can't be choosers and if the other 2 or 3 think the same way as Mr Miller did what then ? Suppose they'll be chanting for his return !?

Sometimes fans need a sense of realisation - do you want a club to follow or not is the simple question because there is a serious risk that you'll not have one at all shortly.

Disband Scottish football and form a British league.

Make them all start in Blue Sq north and let the cream rise to the top.

Can you imagine the interest in Stirling Albion v Macclesfield.

I'd be getting my ticket now!

I'm an owner of Stirling Albion (fans buy-out group so I can say that!)

But seriously would a british League be a go - as we all suspect the Euro "Super-League" can't be far away so maybe the formation of the rest of the clubs from England/Scotland and Wales could form a 6 tier League where grass roots could be the norm?

No big fees for players,sensible weekly wage,standing terraces,a fiver to get in and new away days.

Let the big boys sod off to Europe and lets get football back in the hands of the fans.

No thanks. You can join the welsh and take Cardiff with you if you like though :)

I unsderstand that Rangers have NOT been granted a European licence for 2012-13 due to their finances which is why 3rd in the SPL have qualified for the Champions League next season. Although some Scottish teams and people would prefer Rangers in the SPL, it was stated on Sky Sports, that Rangers will kick off 2012-13 as a new club in Scots Div 3.

Archived