IGNORED

Chris Weale

eskay

Apart from the Wolves away game in which he flapped more than Phillips on a bad day I always rated Weale while he was here and his penalty save off Yakubu will live long in the memory, but as an earlier poster said he seems to have made an error for Leicester almost every time I have seen him on the tele.

If we were to sign him I think it would be a fine addition to the squad, but I would hope we are able to find somebody better.

On his day Weale is a steady championship keeper. He is good enough to step in and do a job imo. I would take him back. Baring in mind there are not a lot of good keepers around, and getting him in on a free would provide us with good cover as well as saving the funds to strengthen elsewhere.

If Weale wouldn't mind being number 2 to Gerken it would be a good signing, especially for free.

Iain Turner (ex-Everton) Keeper has been released by Preston, could also do a job as number 2.

Also, Nicky Hunt has been released :laughcont:

Apart from the Wolves away game in which he flapped more than Phillips on a bad day I always rated Weale while he was here and his penalty save off Yakubu will live long in the memory, but as an earlier poster said he seems to have made an error for Leicester almost every time I have seen him on the tele.

If we were to sign him I think it would be a fine addition to the squad, but I would hope we are able to find somebody better.

My thoughts are similar to this, always thought he did well when picked for us but does seem to have been somewhat inconsistent for Leicester. I wouldn't be distraught with a return but would prefer we looked elsewhere.

He will end up at Yeovil. For someone so big he looked really susceptable to long range shots.

Shame really, imagine him being selected for England by the new manager, I'd p-ss meself listening to him pronouce his name.

(Apologies, not politically correct)

Archived