IGNORED

Paul Dixon Could Be On His Way Here

And Its Smith

Not sure this has been mentioned.

First choice left back at his club with one Scotland cap.

Dundee United fans really rate him and are gutted to see him go. I cannot find one fan on a forum that disagrees with this.

We've got to fancy our chances here surely.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol-City-linked-Dundee-United-defender-Paul/story-16061855-detail/story.html

Dundee United fans really rate him and are gutted to see him go. I cannot find one fan on a forum that disagrees with this.

http://www.thisisbri...tail/story.html

Celtic interested as well , according to this.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/celtic/2012/05/12/celtic-revive-bid-to-land-out-of-contract-dundee-united-star-paul-dixon-86908-23856252/

He'd be guaranteed a game here, given that we don't have a left back so thats in our favour.

Not beyond the realms of possibility, but there may be bigger championship clubs in for him and the clubs position last season won't help in getting players here. We aint in a great position to compete with other clubs in this division so I wouldn't expect established sought after players being signed. Its more likely that we get the younger up and coming type of player from lower leagues IMO.

Derek being scottish could be a big factor.

I've saw him three times this season and not impressed one bit.

The game against Rangers a few weeks back he was awful in. Got caught dwelling on the ball many times and watching him clear his lines looked like a League 2/Conference player. On these performances we will be better off sticking Foster, Fonts or Nyatanga at LB.

Would rather us go for Laird who done well against the tricky Williamson yesterday. Only 23 and got 9 goals to his name this season.

The game against Rangers a few weeks back he was awful in. Got caught dwelling on the ball many times and watching him clear his lines looked like a League 2/Conference player. On these performances we will be better off sticking Foster, Fonts or Nyatanga at LB.

Would rather us go for Laird who done well against the tricky Williamson yesterday. Only 23 and got 9 goals to his name this season.

:laugh:

Showing your age their kidder. What do you find so funny?

I find it funny how a player who has been capped for Scotland and linked with some very decent sides can look like a League 2/Conferance player.

I know it's your opinion which you're entitled to but I find that very rash. I however agree that Laird is another good left-back we should have on our shortlist.

Paul Dixon however is surely an upgrade on playing Nyatanga or Fonts at LB....

http://www.thisisbri...tail/story.html

Dixson has never been capped bye Scotland at senior level yet.Good player though should do well for you down there.He is sound in defence,and his strength is getting forward and attacking.And setting up goals with his quality crossing.

Dixson has never been capped bye Scotland at senior level yet.Good player though should do well for you down there.He is sound in defence,and his strength is getting forward and attacking.And setting up goals with his quality crossing.

Do you think he'll end up here? I think we have a good chance with Del and Doc as our Manager and assistant.

Do you think he'll end up here? I think we have a good chance with Del and Doc as our Manager and assistant.

I think he will move to the gate.He is not daft and will know he will get a game.Derby want him as back up,to what they have there already.I think he would be getting a start there too.Once he forced his way into the team.The Derby left back is out off contract,might not sign a new deal

I think he will move to the gate.He is not daft and will know he will get a game.Derby want him as back up,to what they have there already.I think he would be getting a start there too.Once he forced his way into the team.The Derby left back is out off contract,might not sign a new deal

I hope he signs for us. We've lacked a good left back for a while now.

I find it funny how a player who has been capped for Scotland and linked with some very decent sides can look like a League 2/Conferance player.

I know it's your opinion which you're entitled to but I find that very rash. I however agree that Laird is another good left-back we should have on our shortlist.

Paul Dixon however is surely an upgrade on playing Nyatanga or Fonts at LB....

Dixon hasnt been capped by Scotland & the only 'very decent' team scouting him are Derby. I woudlnt call us, Mwall or Pboro that.

Why is my opinon harsh? Like i said on the three showings IVE saw him this season he has been poor. So on that basis IMO we would be better sticking Foster, Fonts or Tangs at LB.

Start digesting threads more before you reply.

And Dixson was outstanding against Celtic,after that mid week game.And never put a foot wrong in it.He was up and down the flanks.And he defended manfully when he needed to.Robertson got the winner,he is a Scotland international and is also free.I am amazed that you have not been linked with him to.He is only 26,and better than Gomis and Bauban who moved to Birmingham and Watford.

Dixon hasnt been capped by Scotland & the only 'very decent' team scouting him are Derby. I woudlnt call us, Mwall or Pboro that.

Why is my opinon harsh? Like i said on the three showings IVE saw him this season he has been poor. So on that basis IMO we would be better sticking Foster, Fonts or Tangs at LB.

Start digesting threads more before you reply.

Paul Dixson is Dundee Utd player off the year.So that duffs up your opinion off him.He could not have had a bad season,when he got that award.Especially when they have Russell,Gunning,Gary Mackay Steven.Who recently days ago,all had EPL quiries.

Archived