IGNORED

Paul Dixon Could Be On His Way Here

And Its Smith

Dixon hasnt been capped by Scotland & the only 'very decent' team scouting him are Derby. I woudlnt call us, Mwall or Pboro that.

Why is my opinon harsh? Like i said on the three showings IVE saw him this season he has been poor. So on that basis IMO we would be better sticking Foster, Fonts or Tangs at LB.

Start digesting threads more before you reply.

Championship teams are decent teams. Fonts or Nyatanga at left back would be awful for us.

This is old news isn't it? Evening post weeks behind as ever. Heard lots of good things about him and tuned in to watch him play against Celtic last week and he had a good game and set up a goal with a decent cross.

Impressed with Laird of Stevenage last night too. Kept possession well, got forward, tucked in and covered his centre backs and was alert enough to cover when the ball was coming in from the other side. who knows if either will cope with the championship? Certainlly no one on this forum that's for sure.

We ideally need two left backs and Del will have to convince whoever they are to sign for us knowing that neither will be guaranteed starters. That's not gonna be easy especially with such fierce reported interest from other clubs for these two. Maybe Dels good name in Scotland will help influence Dixon and our location will help lure Laird.

Sounds decent to me, just hope this time we aren't going to be beaten by other clubs-maybe DM can be the persuading factor in new signings. Also, surely taking these lads round Bristol and the surrounding areas in comparison to Hull and Derby must have a bit of sway! No offence n' all that...

Sounds decent to me, just hope this time we aren't going to be beaten by other clubs-maybe DM can be the persuading factor in new signings. Also, surely taking these lads round Bristol and the surrounding areas in comparison to Hull and Derby must have a bit of sway! No offence n' all that...

Millwall will be saying the same,docklands is a nice area.So is the place were the old jail was built.All prime locations with great gated housing areas.Sooner see Dixson at Bristol than playing for them though.

I find it funny how a player who has been capped for Scotland and linked with some very decent sides can look like a League 2/Conferance player.

I know it's your opinion which you're entitled to but I find that very rash. I however agree that Laird is another good left-back we should have on our shortlist.

Paul Dixon however is surely an upgrade on playing Nyatanga or Fonts at LB....

Tango has loads more caps for Wales than Dixon, and is younger. So yes he can be crap, going by your definition :) Saying that, I don't think Tango is as bad as people make out.

Nyatanga is a decent centre half, just not left back.

Better left backs in the championship like Brian Easton are still to be capped.It does not make Dixson a bad player,not to be capped yet.It just shows you how many guys Scotland have,that can play in there and do a job over him.L WALLACE,MULGREW,BARDSLEY,WHITTAKER,BROADFOOT,dare I say it even your very own Foster.

Nyatanga is a decent centre half, just not left back.

Without doubt, but has played numerous times for his Country, us and Derby at left back, as well as centre back and left back at Premier League level. Now to help my argument, I will deliberately leave out Derby's record at Premier League level :)

Now, Dixon, he may be great down here, he maybe awful, but to compare Dixon and Tango, without seeing just how well Dixon can cope with championship football, is a little harsh on Tango and Fonts, who have both done reasonable jobs in their secondary positions, Dixon would have to massively better than these two to be deemed a worthwhile signing as full time left back. As yet he is a 26 year old 1 capped untried in the championship Scottish fullback.

Better left backs in the championship like Brian Easton are still to be capped.It does not make Dixson a bad player,not to be capped yet.It just shows you how many guys Scotland have,that can play in there and do a job over him.L WALLACE,MULGREW,BARDSLEY,WHITTAKER,BROADFOOT,dare I say it even your very own Foster.

I agree, Scotland are rather good in the full back positions.

I would really hope he is better than what I have seen so far from Foster, he has made a slight improvement since he has been here, and he probably needs time to acclimatise, but some of his basic defending is just so wrong :) you can tell he used to be a winger that is for sure, just as well he is quick, to make up for his myriad of defensive frailties.

Without doubt, but has played numerous times for his Country, us and Derby at left back, as well as centre back and left back at Premier League level. Now to help my argument, I will deliberately leave out Derby's record at Premier League level :)

Now, Dixon, he may be great down here, he maybe awful, but to compare Dixon and Tango, without seeing just how well Dixon can cope with championship football, is a little harsh on Tango and Fonts, who have both done reasonable jobs in their secondary positions, Dixon would have to massively better than these two to be deemed a worthwhile signing as full time left back. As yet he is a 26 year old 1 capped untried in the championship Scottish fullback.

Again Dixson has not got any Scotland caps.He was part off a squad and never played.The one and only time he ever made a squad.Swanson was the same,made a squad and never played.Just like Davidson as well,and Stevenston that went to Ipswich.McEvelery is a left back,who was freed.And went up with Derby,think he has been capped.And has hardly saw a squad in about four years.Just like that Danny Fox at Southampton.Who might get called up again now there in the EPL.So that is another guy that will be ahead off Dixson

Is Hutton still playing? can add him to that list as well

Is Hutton still playing? can add him to that list as well

Hutton has never played left back though.He has actually had a poor season at Villa.And pulled out off our next match in the USA at the end off the month injured.

Hutton has never played left back though.He has actually had a poor season at Villa.And pulled out off our next match in the USA at the end off the month injured.

Yep, generally right back, seen him fill in at left back when at Spurs... When picked. Another sicknote. seems to have been either awful or great, never looked consistent when i have seen him, albeit from TV footage

Yep, generally right back, seen him fill in at left back when at Spurs... When picked. Another sicknote. seems to have been either awful or great, never looked consistent when i have seen him, albeit from TV footage

He won his move to Spurs,on games with France and Italy and Ukraine for Scotland.And shutting out Barcelona for Rangers,and in some other big Euro games.The guys probably our best right back.Who I hope has a better season next year.Plenty off EPL players pull out for friendly games.And seem to be as if bye magic,fit for the meaningful matches.

I saw him against the sags for Villa, was poor, deffo not Prem standard!

This is old news isn't it? Evening post weeks behind as ever. Heard lots of good things about him and tuned in to watch him play against Celtic last week and he had a good game and set up a goal with a decent cross.

Impressed with Laird of Stevenage last night too. Kept possession well, got forward, tucked in and covered his centre backs and was alert enough to cover when the ball was coming in from the other side. who knows if either will cope with the championship? Certainlly no one on this forum that's for sure.

We ideally need two left backs and Del will have to convince whoever they are to sign for us knowing that neither will be guaranteed starters. That's not gonna be easy especially with such fierce reported interest from other clubs for these two. Maybe Dels good name in Scotland will help influence Dixon and our location will help lure Laird.

Laird is in talks, not saying anymore than that but I have already mentioned this in another thread a little while back

Archived