IGNORED

Top 5 Players Linked With Us

Harry_Parfitt

Top 5 Players Linked With Us  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The best striker in the SPL was Jelavic.You know the guy we needed to sell to Everton,to stay alive?The guy Moyes says that he is going to build his team around next year.Hooper cant link up,or score the over head goals that he does.And Jelavic is better in the air.Hooper is a penalty box striker,and that is it.Does not even bother me,that Scotland could not get him.As I doubt he could play up front on his own.His Dad was born in Berwick,but never registered his birth on the right side off the river.

There's the odd exception, but the majority of even the good players who ply their trade in the SPL aren't quite as good as you're saying.

Sameras has a European cup winners medal for his country.And has been hit and miss for Celtic.One good game out off 4 for them.Most off my Celtic friends,were actually seething that he got a new deal.He is not rated bye most off them.Who would sooner see the Irish lad Stokes play instead off him.

And the point your making is?

Fact is both Hooper and Samaras were mediocre in this country until they went to Scotland.

Any player who wants to find some form and/or get their game back is to go to Scotland for a couple of seasons. Fran Sandaza was the same. Failed over here with Brighton (when in league 1) yet notches 20 goals in the SPL. I for hope this club purely aint looking in Scotland for new signings..

Wilo Flood another. Failed in the English leagues yet goes to Scotland and stands out.

As said in my previous post i would have Laird over Dixon, Amougou over Kenneth, Pack over Davidson. Really dont want Sandaza here nether.

And the point your making is?

Fact is both Hooper and Samaras were mediocre in this country until they went to Scotland.

Any player who wants to find some form and/or get their game back is to go to Scotland for a couple of seasons. Fran Sandaza was the same. Failed over here with Brighton (when in league 1) yet notches 20 goals in the SPL. I for hope this club purely aint looking in Scotland for new signings..

Wilo Flood another. Failed in the English leagues yet goes to Scotland and stands out.

As said in my previous post i would have Laird over Dixon, Amougou over Kenneth, Pack over Davidson. Really dont want Sandaza here nether.

Sendaza came to Dundee Utd,and had injury problems.The Scotland boss signed him and said so.He took the same problems to England with him.And this is him now just getting over them.And Flood failed at Celtic,if I remember right.And Mowbray took him when he was sacked.Flood was playing English football,long before he ever came up here.So not only are you scratching your head,so am I.Do you actually watch our game up here?

Actually check Dobbies goal rate,in the last 8 games.Better still watch the play off finals,for Blackpool and Swansea.And actually see what he done in them.The guy is one off the best championship players around down there.And not only has he the ability,he has a big game head on him.The guys done nothing wrong,not too have ever played for his nation.If we never played such boring football.Guys like Dobbie and McCormack would be in every time.Instead off duffers such as Craig Mackhail Smith,and even Miller has not had a amazing season.Going to the cup final,with Conway,Cowie,McNaughton,must have helped though.

I think you may be just overrating him a tad, he is not a bad Championship player. I would rather see his goal scoring record over all his championship career rather than 8 games.

McCormack is average at best, but a bit of a penalty king though. never been impressed with him

I think Snodgrass has potential

I think you may be just overrating him a tad, he is not a bad Championship player. I would rather see his goal scoring record over all his championship career rather than 8 games.

McCormack is average at best, but a bit of a penalty king though. never been impressed with him

Well since he played midfield a lot off the time.It would be hard to judge what kind off player he is from that.Just what kind off money,do your fans actually believe your going to spend next year.At least the players from Scotland will be free.And if Gomis and Bauban are to go bye.Ex Dundee Utd players,they will smash your league.Pernis there keeper is free to,And should have championship teams in for him.

El Aligoui the Falkirk front man is worth a look at.And got 20 a season for them this year.And Mark Millar there midfield play maker,who is only 23.Swansea City are said to be looking at him.And Aberdeen and Crawley want the Morocan striker.

Well since he played midfield a lot off the time.It would be hard to judge what kind off player he is from that.Just what kind off money,do your fans actually believe your going to spend next year.At least the players from Scotland will be free.And if Gomis and Bauban are to go bye.Ex Dundee Utd players,they will smash your league.Pernis there keeper is free to,And should have championship teams in for him.

I think, and this is just a guess, we will have a max of say 500k-1 million.

Things are changing, it is hard to estimate what there is to go around with this fair play system coming in.

I think, and this is just a guess, we will have a max of say 500k-1 million.

Things are changing, it is hard to estimate what there is to go around with this fair play system coming in.

So you will be going for quality free transfers then.Regardless off what league they have played in or there nationality.The other guys are out off contract too.And knocked us out the cup this year.I forgot about that,when talking about the quality off the first division up here.

So you will be going for quality free transfers then.Regardless off what league they have played in or there nationality.The other guys are out off contract too.And knocked us out the cup this year.I forgot about that,when talking about the quality off the first division up here.

Well the board always say, if "insert managers name here" identifies the bright player, funds will be made available. So I expect we may make a couple of bids

Well the board always say, if "insert managers name here" identifies the bright player, funds will be made available. So I expect we may make a couple of bids

And were is the market place best just now?Scotland or England be honest now.Its clear his money is going to go more of a way up here.Even in league 1 and two.Some off the prices they want for players is scandal.And they want more too,especially if they are English.

Sendaza came to Dundee Utd,and had injury problems.The Scotland boss signed him and said so.He took the same problems to England with him.And this is him now just getting over them.And Flood failed at Celtic,if I remember right.And Mowbray took him when he was sacked.Flood was playing English football,long before he ever came up here.So not only are you scratching your head,so am I.Do you actually watch our game up here?

My god you are hard work.

Like i said "if a player needs to get a run of form going then go to Scotland". That is what Flood did. Wilo Flood starting his career in England makes no difference.

As you ask i only ever watched the old firm games as outside of this the standard is very poor. Been watching more since Del arrived but im not impressed with any of our (City) reported Scottish targets bar Templeton.

Also the only time im scratching my head is when im reading yet more of your continued verbal diarrhea.

My god you are hard work.

Like i said "if a player needs to get a run of form going then go to Scotland". That is what Flood did. Wilo Flood starting his career in England makes no difference.

As you ask i only ever watched the old firm games as outside of this the standard is very poor. Been watching more since Del arrived but im not impressed with any of our (City) reported Scottish targets bar Templeton.

Also the only time im scratching my head is when im reading yet more of your continued verbal diarrhea.

Templeton has no interest in joining you.The guy had interest from Swansea.And I am pretty sure other EPL teams would take him.The guys worth more than half a million though,even with a year left on his contract.And I am told that is your budget.Even if he was willing to go there.I cant see your whole budget being blown on one player.Dixon won Dundee Utd player off the year.So he must have had a good season.When Gary Mackay Steven or Johnny Russell could have won it.Sendaza came to Scotland,as he was only good enough for the Villareal B team.He played with some eventual super stars though.And learned a lot about his footballing education.Scottish football is about so much more than the Auld Firm.And I know that as a Rangers fan.Flood is not even there best player.Rankin is a better midfield player.Who was once on the books off Man Utd.

Templeton has no interest in joining you.The guy had interest from Swansea.And I am pretty sure other EPL teams would take him.The guys worth more than half a million though,even with a year left on his contract.And I am told that is your budget.Even if he was willing to go there.I cant see your whole budget being blown on one player.Dixon won Dundee Utd player off the year.So he must have had a good season.When Gary Mackay Steven or Johnny Russell could have won it.Sendaza came to Scotland,as he was only good enough for the Villareal B team.He played with some eventual super stars though.And learned a lot about his footballing education.Scottish football is about so much more than the Auld Firm.And I know that as a Rangers fan.Flood is not even there best player.Rankin is a better midfield player.Who was once on the books off Man Utd.

Our budget is more than 500k I am sure.

Don't quote me as being told 500k - 1 million is the budget, I said that was a complete guess.

it could be less, it could be 2 or 3 million more. I am just taking a guesstamate with this fair play ruling coming in :)

Our budget is more than 500k I am sure.

Read the comment above then.Got told your budget is between half a million and a million.Also there is nothing wrong with free transfers from Scotland.It worked out fine for other teams.Like that lot over the bridge.You need to be realistic though.And actually tune in and watch more teams.

Don't rate Templeton...

Seen him a couple of times and struggling to get into Hearts cup final team.

As for budget, I think it's more about wages and we could raise money by selling..

Pitman could leave - Barnsley..?

Skuse could head off to Potteries.?

So to say Del has 500k is crazy

Hearts left out about 6 players today.As they have the cup final V Hibs to be ready for.The only way that they might get into Europe.And Templeton will play that is a cert.He has ripped them apart in many a derby.Go see his goal on YouTube,when he does three players cuts in and scores.

Jock

It's Sandaza not Sendaza........

Don't rate Templeton...

Seen him a couple of times and struggling to get into Hearts cup final team.

As for budget, I think it's more about wages and we could raise money by selling..

Pitman could leave - Barnsley..?

Skuse could head off to Potteries.?

So to say Del has 500k is crazy

Agreed.

I would like to think with some big earners off the wage bill in James, Mcca, JCR, Clarkson along with Maynards money we will have a decent competatitve budget. Like you say we dont know if any player is leaving yet. Wouldnt be surprised to see Killa or Woolford made avaliable. Im sure Del will be pushing for more money too like any new manager would.

Ricardo - i belive you live in Scotland? apologies if that's wrong but what do you think of Dixon, Kenneth, Davidson & Sandaza?

The little ive saw of them im not impressed. Would rather go for Laird, Amougou, Pack & even Chris Wood over them.

Our recent dip in the Scottish market worries me as i dont want a team full of Fosters, Clarksons, Sproules or Lee Millers.

Agreed.

I would like to think with some big earners off the wage bill in James, Mcca, JCR, Clarkson along with Maynards money we will have a decent competatitve budget. Like you say we dont know if any player is leaving yet. Wouldnt be surprised to see Killa or Woolford made avaliable. Im sure Del will be pushing for more money too like any new manager would.

Ricardo - i belive you live in Scotland? apologies if that's wrong but what do you think of Dixon, Kenneth, Davidson & Sandaza?

The little ive saw of them im not impressed. Would rather go for Laird, Amougou, Pack & even Chris Wood over them.

Our recent dip in the Scottish market worries me as i dont want a team full of Fosters, Clarksons, Sproules or Lee Millers.

Living in Scotland and miss everything Bristol...

Scottish footy in general is pretty dire, but as we have seen over the years take the player down South and there can be many gems.

Personally of the ones I have seen and have been mentioned:

Dixon - defo many Championship teams looking at him and worth a punt.

Black - as above.

Sandaza - personally only seen him twice and not too impressed but must have something as Gers willing to take him as replacement for Jeluvic.

Davidson - Del must rate. And again Gers willing to pay good money for him.. Gamble as young. But in Del we trust.

The player I do like is McGowen at St Mirren - ex Celtic but cracking attacking midfielder...

Also one player who is free agent is Swanson.. But he is injury prone.. But again class act.

We will defo be looking mainly at players out of contract and I'm sure Del has a few on his wanted list from . Del's transfer budget of about 500-600k is about right unless he can move a few more on... (Pitman and Adomah being the most likely to move on if more transfer funds are required)

Why are we speculating again about players playing in Scotland 100% of the time?

I would hope McInnes is professional enough to be scouting the lower leagues of England and Europe as well.

Lets get the back sorted first.

If either McManus OR Bikey is availiable and willing to come at the right price,then that should be our no 1 goal.

solidify the defence,then work on our other major need, a creative attacking midfielder.

And Europe is probably the place to look as anything remotely good from Scotland will be on bigger clubs than ours radar.

Towering defender.Creative midfielder.

Simples.

GARY KENNTH,DANNY SWANSON sorted.

Archived