IGNORED

Joey Barton

glynriley

To answer the first question NO you can't get 3 red cards in 1 game but the referees report will show that he could have been sent off the the two other offences after his red!

I would have thought that he will get a min of 5 games.

I hope he does not play against us next season though!

To answer the first question NO you can't get 3 red cards in 1 game but the referees report will show that he could have been sent off the the two other offences after his red!

I would have thought that he will get a min of 5 games.

I hope he does not play against us next season though!

If the ref deems all 3 offence's worthy of a red card for violent conduct , that would surely mean a minimum 9 game ban ??(3 x 3 games)

I've been looking to see if a ref can give more than 1 red in a game and found this. I know it was an amateur game , but surely the same rules apply in the proffesional game??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/south_of_scotland/8521557.stm

If the ref deems all 3 offence's worthy of a red card for violent conduct , that would surely mean a minimum 9 game ban ??(3 x 3 games)

I've been looking to see if a ref can give more than 1 red in a game and found this. I know it was an amateur game , but surely the same rules apply in the proffesional game??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/south_of_scotland/8521557.stm

Didn't Dean Windass get sent off 3 times in one game for Aberdeen?

Barton elbowed a player, kneed another in the back after being sent off, then tried to headbut another.

3 counts of violent conduct, likely a dissent charge to be thrown in too and also likely to be charge with bringing the game into disripute when he eventually posts on twitter.

Should be at least 12 game ban, if not a longer suspension with the additional games suspended in place of a hefty fine.

Am I the only one who feels sorry for Barton, because that boy has some serious problems?

He's tried seeking help but clearly he still can't control the rage and he will no doubt be feeling sick at his actions and at the thought of the onslaught he's going to receive from all quarters.

Am I the only one who feels sorry for Barton, because that boy has some serious problems?

He's tried seeking help but clearly he still can't control the rage and he will no doubt be feeling sick at his actions and at the thought of the onslaught he's going to receive from all quarters.

How can someone feel sorry for him? He's inflicted all this on himself. He is an idiot who no matter what help he receives, will never learn.

You must be a very understanding and compassionate man Fred. He's got a rap sheet longer than a gasheads memory.

I've got to admit that I enjoy it when stuff like that happens. He'll get his punishment and he's not a nice man but those moments don't half enhance the matchday experience (especially when you're at the game).

Got to agree with that certainly livens things up.

He is not really a boy though now is he, nearly 30 years old I think ?

I don't think this will be the case. He has never shown any remorse before. In a way he is something like John Terry, who seems to revel in controversy, and becomes stronger rather than weaker in the face of criticism.

Barton has admitted to trying to get one of their players sent off once he had received his red card. Apparently one of his team mates instructed him to do it so he did. What a ******.

the way I read his tweet is that he was not trying to get a man c player sent off but hurt him so that he was carried off. complete ******

Yep you're the only one.

the way I read his tweet is that he was not trying to get a man c player sent off but hurt him so that he was carried off. complete ******

I may be wrong, but I'm fairly certain he means he intended to keep winding people up in the hope that one of the City players would react, get sent off and the game could continue as 10v10 rather than 10v11. I can't say I believe him in the slightest when he says that it was one of his teammate's idea, but if it was I know who I am putting my money on. Shaun ******* Derry!

Seing Barton had been sent off before he attacked Aguero, then he should have gone straight off.

Surely this is a matter for the police, an assault charge is surely heading his way, just got to see the look on his face.

Chuck the book at him, he has had enough chances. See how he tweets from prison.

The guy is a millionaire and has earned his millions as an extremely average footballer, his mouth, ego and violent streak are what he will be remembered for and not his football, because he is very average and I would like to see him banned for half of the season, he is a disgrace to the game and to every team he has played for.

Feel sorry for him NEVER, he is scum, it seems to me the happiest he has ever been was when he was in prison and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up inside again before he gets fitted for his oak overcoat.

Archived