IGNORED

Not City Related, But Check This Out - Jordan Henderson And Stewart Downing

Both players always seem to be rated quite highly by the media, but I just don't see it. Here's a little stat attack for you though.

Not saying that it proves my opinion, but on this basis I wouldn't be taking either in my squad for Euro 2012

Before todays game:

Jordan Henderson

2011/12 Barclays Premier League

GAMES GOALS ASSISTS SHOTS

36 2 1 39

And Stewart Downing...

2011/12 Barclays Premier League

GAMES GOALS ASSISTS SHOTS

35 0 0 72

There you can see that the stats seem to show that neither player managed an average of greater than 3 shots per game, and neither contributed greatly to their teams attacking prowess.

Yeah both 20million or so. Really is awful. Downing especially.

Although I wanted Harry, I am fully behind Hodgson. However surely after this season, and with the choice of wingers we have under no circumstances can he take Downing?? I will be furious if he does.

Yeah both 20million or so. Really is awful. Downing especially.

Although I wanted Harry, I am fully behind Hodgson. However surely after this season, and with the choice of wingers we have under no circumstances can he take Downing?? I will be furious if he does.

Johnson, young, Oxlade chamberlain can all play on the left, hopefully it will be those 3 rather than Downing

How did Downing become so bad, he used to be a pretty good crosser, You would have thought Carroll and Downing could have thrived.

You would have thought so. If anything I feel sorry for big Andy. The likes of Downing, Charlie Adam could rarely beat the first man and give the poor bloke a decent bit of service!

You would have thought so. If anything I feel sorry for big Andy. The likes of Downing, Charlie Adam could rarely beat the first man and give the poor bloke a decent bit of service!

Maybe the problem is Carroll not playing enough, I don't think getting on the end of crosses is Suarez's thing!

Oh well, it's all King Kenny's problem. he bought em all :)

How can you play in Stewart Downing's position and not turn one cross into a goal?

It's actually quite impressive.

You could be Shaun Wright-Phillips?

I'm amazed at how the art of being a winger seems to have died with Stanley Matthews.

Downing, Walcott, Wright-Phillips, Sproule and Adomah all run around like headless chickens but can't muster a decent cross between them.

You could be Shaun Wright-Phillips?

I'm amazed at how the art of being a winger seems to have died with Stanley Matthews.

Downing, Walcott, Wright-Phillips, Sproule and Adomah all run around like headless chickens but can't muster a decent cross between them.

He's set up 13 and scored 11, not bad!

Henderson has something about him... He'll get better and better I'm sure..

Downing however is the worst player I've ever seen play for LFC. I absolutely despise that useless pointy faced *****. He must be the least intelligent footballer in the world... "Oh look, Andy Carroll is at the back stick waiting for a lofted cross for him to attack... I guess I should blast it low and hard and not beat the first defender again then..."

Oh and people do realise that the director of football is usually in charge of transfers, particularly where foreign owners are involved. Comolli is the man to blame for the utter dross he brought in.He did it at Spurs too and their only now seeing some fruits with Bale coming good.

Downing however is the worst player I've ever seen play for LFC. I absolutely despise that useless pointy faced *****. He must be the least intelligent footballer in the world... "Oh look, Andy Carroll is at the back stick waiting for a lofted cross for him to attack... I guess I should blast it low and hard and not beat the first defender again then..."

Oh and people do realise that the director of football is usually in charge of transfers, particularly where foreign owners are involved. Comolli is the man to blame for the utter dross he brought in.He did it at Spurs too and their only now seeing some fruits with Bale coming good.

Henderson was over priced but at least he has age on his side. Downing on the other hand is one of the most over rated players in the prem!

Comolli obviously agreed the fee's and did all the dealings but I dont for one minute think 'king kenny' would have let anyone sign players he didn't want at his club! He would have had a say that's for sure.

Henderson was over priced but at least he has age on his side. Downing on the other hand is one of the most over rated players in the prem!

Comolli obviously agreed the fee's and did all the dealings but I dont for one minute think 'king kenny' would have let anyone sign players he didn't want at his club! He would have had a say that's for sure.

He's been out of the game so long I doubt he would have argued. Let's be honest it's not really his style to go arguing with the clubs owners, he's far too into unity at the club for that.

I refuse to believe that the man who signed John Barnes also wanted Stewart Downing.

He's been out of the game so long I doubt he would have argued. Let's be honest it's not really his style to go arguing with the clubs owners, he's far too into unity at the club for that.

I refuse to believe that the man who signed John Barnes also wanted Stewart Downing.

You would hope not. But then I just can't see him settling for players like Downing at his club. The new owners would have wanted to get on the fans side from the word go, surely letting Dalglish have the final say on signings would have been a good way to start?

What is really concerning with Downing is that with the way Liverpool play it is surely a wingers dream to play for them? It's not as if the midfield is by passed and wingers are ignored. I honestly find it incredible that in a team like that, even if it has been a poor season by Liverpool's standards, he has failed to create or score a single premier league goal.

He's set up 13 and scored 11, not bad!

I'm talking about Theo Walcott! Not sure which Walcott you've listed. :read:

Seriously, those stats are very good. I just don't recall ever seeing Walcott make a successful cross. (I don't watch the Premiershit regularly though)

Least intelligent footballer in the world? He's had a terrible season but he's a good player, get a grip.

Comolli would have been the one to negotiate with Dalglish's targets, too.

Lennon is the best English right-winger going at the moment, rather him than Theo.

Least intelligent footballer in the world? He's had a terrible season but he's a good player, get a grip.

Comolli would have been the one to negotiate with Dalglish's targets, too.

Lennon is the best English right-winger going at the moment, rather him than Theo.

Get a grip... Ha. Try watching any Liverpool game this season which downing has played. Then watch his decision making when crossing the ball. Almost every single one is drilled. I don't claim to be a genius but I can see that that isn't 'poor' it's bloody stupid. He's got somehow gained a good reputation in football despite being dreadful for the majority of his career.

The rumours were that there was a chance the downing deal was going to fall through because villa want an extra £2m on top of what was offer from Liverpool. So Henry the liverpool owner went on you tube and watched a video which saw downing hit 3 shots on the trot which landed in 3 bins, this was a villa advert for selling season tickets seeing this he gave the go ahead to up the bid. However what he didn't realise was that the footage had been creatively altered so he scored the 3 on the bounce with the strap line come to villa who knows what will happen.

Archived