IGNORED

Not City Related, But Check This Out - Jordan Henderson And Stewart Downing

Stewart Downing was decent at Boro, ever since then he has been nothing short of diabolical. Henderson is massively overrated but atleast he has a tad of potential, still don't think he'll go on to become a top midfielder. LFC have cocked up big time this season in terms of transfers, points and the way they dealt with Luis Suarez.

I hope next season they do no better, but that is very unlikely as it's hard for them to get any worse. Sack Kenny and bring back Rafa.

A spine of Reina, Carragher, Hyypia, Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard, Torres to - Reina, Skrtel, Agger, Lucas/Spearing, Gerrard, Suarez, Carroll.

Both players always seem to be rated quite highly by the media, but I just don't see it. Here's a little stat attack for you though.

Not saying that it proves my opinion, but on this basis I wouldn't be taking either in my squad for Euro 2012

Before todays game:

Jordan Henderson

2011/12 Barclays Premier League

GAMES GOALS ASSISTS SHOTS

36 2 1 39

And Stewart Downing...

2011/12 Barclays Premier League

GAMES GOALS ASSISTS SHOTS

35 0 0 72

There you can see that the stats seem to show that neither player managed an average of greater than 3 shots per game, and neither contributed greatly to their teams attacking prowess.

Henderson has never been and will never be a good Prem player. Dalglish has mugged the owners/the club big time with over-priced and over-rated players.

Shame :doh:

Get a grip... Ha. Try watching any Liverpool game this season which downing has played. Then watch his decision making when crossing the ball. Almost every single one is drilled. I don't claim to be a genius but I can see that that isn't 'poor' it's bloody stupid. He's got somehow gained a good reputation in football despite being dreadful for the majority of his career.

Labelling his Villa and/or Middlesbrough stints as dreadful is utter garbage.

Downing is/was the best crosser of the ball available to England from the wing. Only ever shown glimpses for England unfortunately, and on the whole has never really taken his opportunity

In the Liverpool team, he has not had many opportunities to play with Carroll, instead, he has been (when picked) been coming in, looking up and seeing Suarez, who does not make the kind of runs that compliment Downing, instead of putting a ball into a dangerous area, Downing looks up, Sees Suarez playing his natural game i.e. holding back, rather than bursting through to get on the end of the cross, this leads to Downing trying to cut the ball back along the floor.

Downing was and still is about getting the ball up and down for a striker to attack.

I think, if Carroll become a regular starter, Downing's assists will start taking off. All depends if the fans give him a chance.

Labelling his Villa and/or Middlesbrough stints as dreadful is utter garbage.

Did little of note at villa and they laughed all the way to the bank when they sold him. Was alright for Middlesbrough. Has got this far simply by being a left footed Englishman. His performances for england haven't even been second rate... He's dross.

Did little of note at villa and they laughed all the way to the bank when they sold him. Was alright for Middlesbrough. Has got this far simply by being a left footed Englishman. His performances for england haven't even been second rate... He's dross.

He's still to score for England :laugh:

If he's worth 20M then I am worth atleast a million. :laugh:

He was decent to start with at Middlesborough just overhyped as he had a left foot. Simply dreadful this season.

As for Walcott, he seems to have improved since Alex Ox-C has turned up. Still quite inconsistent but if fit has to go to Euro's.

Walcott should obviously have gone to the last tournament. He's a player that can win a match for you.

Archived