IGNORED

17Th May

cityed

Where did.you hear about our new sponsors.and kit?

On the official site today having received an email alert about it from the club.

Point being I didn't hear of any hype prior to today, either online or offline, and neither I suspect did the majority of the club's fanbase.

On the official site today having received an email alert about it from the club.

Point being I didn't hear of any hype prior to today, either online or offline, and neither I suspect did the majority of the club's fanbase.

See most people know someone or use online media if not at home then at work.

So the chances are people would have heard on the grapevine, from someone.

That begs the question, if it is such big exciting news, why was it not publicised on the news, or papers?

If you were a complete luddite you would be none the wiser now. You found out by coming online, if you had been online yesterday on otib, you would have known.

• Admin

That begs the question, if it is such big exciting news, why was it not publicised on the news, or papers?

If you were a complete luddite you would be none the wiser now. You found out by coming online, if you had been online yesterday on otib, you would have known.

Well obviously I knew about it as I'd seen it on here but specifically didn't talk about it to anyone "in the real world" as I knew exactly what it'd be about from years of experience. I did however discuss the new kit with some jealous gas today though :) They couldn't even tell me who their sponsors were .... " n something, windows maybe, or possibly a gaming store?" but all were able to tell me what Blackthorn make ;)

At the risk of bringing a little perspective and moderation - sorry about that - I imagine the great majority of City fans were, like me, unaware of any buzz or hype surrounding some big announcement on the 17th.

The main reason for our ignorance being that we (i.e. the silent majority, for whom I have just decided to elect myself their sort of unofficial spokesman, as most of them won't be reading this anyway, bless 'em) lead busy lives in the real 'offline' world and don't have time to be reading otib and twitter and facebook the whole time.

Thus, far from being disappointed with todays news about Blackthorn and the images of the new away kit, I am actually really pleased with both. Well done BCFC :yes:

No Alf, haven't you heard? We are a laughing stock! Laughing stock I tell you!!!

Well don't get me wrong I'm online a fair bit, but probably don't look up City-related stuff quite as often at this stage in the close season. And I can't be bothered with twitter.

As you say, mates or relatives or colleagues usually mention to me when there's anything of a Bristol City nature going on. I didn't hear anything from anyone about this business. I may be wrong, but perhaps it wasn't really that big a deal outside of the comparatively small proportion of us City fans who are regularly on OTIB?

Archived