IGNORED

17Th May

cityed

That's what a testimonial is. Do you think Rob Newman, Llewly, Phillips! Buster or anyone else gave it to charity? I don't know what your problem is with him (probably related to something to do with Millen no doubt) but You seem a very bitter man. Get over yourself.

Different era. Players back then weren't looked after so well finacially. They had ever right to pocket any testimonial money.

Its different these days. Championship players are very well paid and in Carey's case he will have been on a serious wedge as club captain. He's had a long career with at least six seasons at Championship level and is a wealthy man and wouldn't need to work again after football should he choose not to.

He's earned a fortune compared to your average man on the street and to accept fans money via a testimonial is simply immoral imo. He'd earn more respect by donating the proceeds to charity and I would for one turn up if he did.

Different era. Players back then weren't looked after so well finacially. They had ever right to pocket any testimonial money.

Its different these days. Championship players are very well paid and in Carey's case he will have been on a serious wedge as club captain. He's had a long career with at least six seasons at Championship level and is a wealthy man and wouldn't need to work again after football should he choose not to.

He's earned a fortune compared to your average man on the street and to accept fans money via a testimonial is simply immoral imo. He'd earn more respect by donating the proceeds to charity and I would for one turn up if he did.

He took a 50% pay cut last year.

I'll be there regardless , to celebrate his career. If him keeping the money keeps miserable **** wits like you away , then all the better.

He took a 50% pay cut last year.

I'll be there regardless , to celebrate his career. If him keeping the money keeps miserable **** wits like you away , then all the better.

50% pay cut, oh dear. His salary dropped to 5k a week. I don't know how he coped..........and just because you don't see my point of view on this there's no need to insult me.

Wow, either you really like fishing or your a prize tool Robbored, how can you be so miserable ??

Did you get fobbed off when you retired or something ?

I'm not miserable at all. Do honestly not understand the point I'm making?

50% pay cut, oh dear. His salary dropped to 5k a week. I don't know how he coped..........and just because you don't see my point of view on this there's no need to insult me.

I apologise for calling you a **** wit , but I really hope you don't attend this game whether the money goes to charity or not. You obviously have a problem with Carey and your attendance would be hypocritical IMO.

I apologise for calling you a **** wit , but I really hope you don't attend this game whether the money goes to charity or not. You obviously have a problem with Carey and your attendance would be hypocritical IMO.

I don't have a problem with Carey at all. I would take exactly the same stance with any testimonial for a Championship player.

I don't have a problem with Carey at all. I would take exactly the same stance with any testimonial for a Championship player.

Yes we get your point Robbo...and it's a valid one.

The fact you post it at EVERY opportunity proves your on the fish. I personally dont expect anything less....shame theres still one or two on this forum who have yet to work you out

• Admin

Thing with Robbo is he is kind of correct, but we are essentially seeing the end of someones career in their mid 30's, whilst the rest of us will work double that time, assumedly it is not the most comfortable of times for a footballer ?

Anyway onto Thursday, well we know the dates for the Carey and Gow testimonials, one train of thought that nobody seems to have mentioned yet is that Thatchers are spending literally millions on sponsorship and advertising over the next 18 -24 months.

They are paying £2.5 million on a national tv campaign and have bought blackthorn out of the county ground at somerset, would be the most likely to me, especially being so local in Sandford ?

Whilst I can't be bothered to get into a debate about where the money should go, it doesn't have to be the end of Careys working career does it!! If he (or any player) is short of money I'm pretty sure they'd be allowed to get another job.

Nit picking I know but it does annoy me when players/agents etc say players only have a short career.

I'm inclined to agree with Robbo. If the money goes to Carey then it really doesn't make any sense, given the reason for testimonials in the first place.

If he's taking the cash I'd be less inclined to go, though it wouldn't necessarily keep me away.

If I was in the public spotlight I'd probably want to be seen to be doing the 'right' thing so can't imagine that I'd keep the cash in his position.

Louis Carey, a man who over the last seventeen years has spilt blood, broken his nose, fractured his skull, whilst wearing the Red shirt. I for one couldn't give a flying f##k if he pockets every single penny he makes from this game because he's earned the right to as far as I'm concerned.

I think you got serious jealousy problem. Your like a dog with a bone,let it go ffs.

Take it you won't be at the game being all bitter and twisted.

Life's to short get a grip man.

I think you got serious jealousy problem. Your like a dog with a bone,let it go ffs.

Take it you won't be at the game being all bitter and twisted.

Life's to short get a grip man.

You are missing my point altogether.

If you want to give your dosh to an already wealthy bloke then do it. Personally I'd rather make a donation to those charities who need it more.

Word is that while were waiting for a decision on the new stadium and starting the long winded jd proccess again, landsdown has decided to redevelop two sides of the gate....you heard it here first

What two sides would that be?

The council own the Winterstoke car park. No room for re-development behind the Dolman or the Atyeo. The Williams could possibly be knocked down and rebuilt higher but room between the current stand and the Wickes car park is very limited.

Re-developing AG has been looked at many,many times and hasn't happened because of finance but more crucially lack of space.

Robbored, you continuously enter the Louis Carey testimonial threads complaining about the exact same thing over and over again. If it annoys you so much, don't go, it's as simple as that.

Personally I will be there like many others to pay tribute to a true Bristol City legend in an era where it's an extremely rare occasion to witness a player make over 600 appearances for their club.

What two sides would that be?

The council own the Winterstoke car park. No room for re-development behind the Dolman or the Atyeo. The Williams could possibly be knocked down and rebuilt higher but room between the current stand and the Wickes car park is very limited.

Re-developing AG has been looked at many,many times and hasn't happened because of finance but more crucially lack of space.

The williams and wedlock mate. As far as i have been told we still have planning permission for it from a few years ago before the new stadium, permission was granted to make i 28000. My sauce on this one is normally hot on these kinda things

You are missing my point altogether.

I can understand your point and of course, it is your prerogative not to attend.

What I do not understand is your crass hypocrisy towards testimonials, as you were a leading organiser in Brian Tinnions testimonial.

I remember a 'Brian Tinnion Testimonial Quiz Night' that a was hosted by a certain Robbored. My abiding memory from that evening is that the recipient on the night couldn't even be bothered to thank everyone for their attendance.

Anyhows, apparently Carey was on Radio Bristol tonight talking about how he was going to help local charities with his testimonial monies.

I can understand your point and of course, it is your prerogative not to attend.

What I do not understand is your crass hypocrisy towards testimonials, as you were a leading organiser in Brian Tinnions testimonial.

I remember a 'Brian Tinnion Testimonial Quiz Night' that a was hosted by a certain Robbored. My abiding memory from that evening is that the recipient on the night couldn't even be bothered to thank everyone for their attendance.

Anyhows, apparently Carey was on Radio Bristol tonight talking about how he was going to help local charities with his testimonial monies.

Oh god he Carey hasn't said that has he?

I'm sure there will still be snide remarks about the money he makes. The claws are out :)

The williams and wedlock mate. As far as i have been told we still have planning permission for it from a few years ago before the new stadium, permission was granted to make i 28000. My sauce on this one is normally hot on these kinda things

I hope not....as this would mean the end of a new stadium....which would be a massive, massive shame

I'm inclined to agree with Robbo. If the money goes to Carey then it really doesn't make any sense, given the reason for testimonials in the first place.

If he's taking the cash I'd be less inclined to go, though it wouldn't necessarily keep me away.

If I was in the public spotlight I'd probably want to be seen to be doing the 'right' thing so can't imagine that I'd keep the cash in his position.

+1

Word is that while were waiting for a decision on the new stadium and starting the long winded jd proccess again, landsdown has decided to redevelop two sides of the gate....you heard it here first

Indeed - but is it true?

Archived