IGNORED

Rip Ronnie Thomas & Pete Davies.

johnshez

A true bristol city fan ronnie thomas passed away yesterday,i,m sure most people from south bristol has come across ronnie at some time you were an absolute legend and we,re all going to miss your match day antics rip city legend

Absolutely.I came across Ronnie when I first started going away in the very early eighties, fair to say things were a bit "different" watching football back then...Ronnie was a proper red, City through and through, RIP.

Known Merv for around 30+ years and have so many great memories following BCFC.

Ronnie & I spent many a saturday night, completely bolloxed, stuck on random train stations trying to get home......sometimes we didn't make it.

Sadly due to my health problems I haven't seen so much of him over the last couple of years & the last time I spoke to him was christmas.

RIP Merv......I'll see ya soon.

BCAGFC

Sad news,

Met him at many games in 70's 80's always had a laugh.

Remember one match at Torquay back in the 80's, after playing 30 a side on the beach, Ronnie decided to help himself to a boat for a quick row.

After a 100 yds the boat started sinking( big hole in it) Ron was screaming he couldnt swim, until he realised he was in water only knee deep.

One hell of a City fan. RIP my old friend.

Just remembered a massive beer fight at a Glos v Somerset game at the county ground Ronnie was there with a load of city fans and we were there supporting Glos,and yes we were mostly city fans as well,Ronnie definately started it,very messy.The police on the other hand didn't see the funny side,and stepped in to stop it,yes thats right police at a cricket game.

Just remembered a massive beer fight at a Glos v Somerset game at the county ground Ronnie was there with a load of city fans and we were there supporting Glos,and yes we were mostly city fans as well,Ronnie definately started it,very messy.The police on the other hand didn't see the funny side,and stepped in to stop it,yes thats right police at a cricket game.

gobsmacking news- thoughts and condolences to ron's family

Sad news,

Met him at many games in 70's 80's always had a laugh.

Remember one match at Torquay back in the 80's, after playing 30 a side on the beach, Ronnie decided to help himself to a boat for a quick row.

After a 100 yds the boat started sinking( big hole in it) Ron was screaming he couldnt swim, until he realised he was in water only knee deep.

One hell of a City fan. RIP my old friend.

Gawd, I'd quite forgotten that,must have been the ale!

I was very sad to hear this news.

He worked behind the bar at the P and W and there was always a lot of banter going on when it was his shift .

Underneath all the banter and joking I found Ronnie to be a real gent.

He loved City with a passion a true fan in every sense of the word .

I know me and my mates ( who never post on here) will miss Ronnie on match days and various drinking holes in Bemmy .

RIP Ronnie

top man ronnie ill miss you mate ..................... from a fellow red angus

Very sorry to hear the sad news. I lost contact with Ron for quite a while but bumped into him a few times over the past year or so. He really hadn't changed, if anything he was worse ?

will never forget when we all got nicked up at Derby in the early eighties. That was a bad day out !

Very sad to hear this news. RIP Ronnie - you were a total legend.

I remember the first time I met him, away at Pisa in the Anglo-Italian Cup back in 91.

He came into the ground about 10 minutes after kick-off, bloodied and bruised, and came up to me and asked me for a fag. I duly gave him one and asked what the hell had happened to him.

Apparently he and a few others had been set upon by the local police on the way to the game. He was taken to the holding cells underneath the stand, given a bit of a beating and then let in for free!!! He was really pleased as he didn't have a ticket for the match. He said he was happy to have taken a bit of a hiding to have got in for nothing.

After that, I met him many a time up and down the country and he was always an absolute laugh, every single time. The world is a sadder place without Ronnie.

Archived