IGNORED

"my Old Man, Said Be A......."

BS4 on Tour...

Born in Bristol but grew up siding Man U, as older brother supports them, and my brother in law also supports them, so I just followed them really, however said in-law is an avid Exeter city fan with his brother supporting Leeds utd, and my grandad supports Sunderland.

However made I a friend at college who was a Bristol city fan, took me to the gate and so I'm now a city supporter.

I also look at how Weston super Mare are doing every now and then as I've been in this town for nearly everyday of my life. (I moved to Weston when I was 12 but had been going to schools in Weston since I was 5)

But all in all, COYR! :)

My mums side is Watford, Dads Ipswich (although he supports Sheff Wed).

My dad took me to a few Premier League whenever we were out of the south west (saw Arsenal, Leeds, Man Utd etc). He then moved to Bristol and took me to a few City games as he always though Rovers was a bit of a 'pokey' club. I guess I followed in his footsteps of supporting a club where you are not from, have never lived and nobody else in your family supports!

Dad moved to Long Ashton as a teenager from Belfast, and used to walk to A.G. His generation did not seem to have any animosity towards the Gas, and in a way, they were his second team. He would be nearly as disappointed with a Gas defeat as a City defeat.

When he met met my Bristolian mother, they moved to a village in what is now South Gastershire. He took me to my first game in 1974, obviously I was hooked. He did tell me that he had taken my older sister down to Eastville, but she never got the bug (thank God for her, and a lucky escape for me !)

The drawback was that I grew up surrounded by Slags. Our house had slags to the left, right, in front and behind. School was interesting too !

Archived