IGNORED

Tinman Back At The Gate (Gerry Gow Testimonial Tickets)

oldfield

Most of us have already booked flights and hotels.

I would just like to have been given the choice to decide what to attend and not have the testimonial date officially announced today when apparently it was unofficially announced on Facebook weeks ago.

Usual Bristol City.

Sorry , but how is it City's fault that it was "unofficially announced on Facebook" ?? Blame whoever let the cat out of the bag.

Sorry , but how is it City's fault that it was "unofficially announced on Facebook" ?? Blame whoever let the cat out of the bag.

i think the point he's making is that if it was announced on facebook then the club could have also announced it and he wouldve then had the choice before booking his flights to scotland

Do you not think that the people going to Scotland are dedicated City fans who are just the people who would want to attend the testimonial of a City great?

Or could I have stopped that sentence after 4 words?

I'm sure they've had to pick between two things they'd like to do before.

Get you and your personalised insults coffeel.gif

i think the point he's making is that if it was announced on facebook then the club could have also announced it and he wouldve then had the choice before booking his flights to scotland

It was unofficially announced. Surely the club can only officially announce it once they are in a position to ?

It was also unofficially announced on here that it had been cancelled in favour of a gospel music concert !

Perhaps they were waiting for confirmation of people's availability ? It's a shame there is a clash , of course , but there is a limited amount of time available in the close season.

On a diffrent note....anyone hazzard a guess who might line up for Man City ? do they have any regular oldeys that reunite in these kind of games ?

Only realistic one I can think of is Keith Curle ?

Shaun Goater ?

The club organises a pre-season tour and a testimonial and you have to pick between them? I don't know how you'll sleep at night.

The club surely could be more co-ordinated? In my youth I did attend the tour in the eighties, now I cannot afford it, but if I could I would have been disappointed to find Gerry Gows testimonial in competition due to A/ The esteem I hold for our greatest still living player B/ The calibre of ex players being assembled.In the modern game the likes of Gerry Gow have ceased to exist mate.

A host of players have now guaranteed their appearance as part of a legends team for Gerry Gow's testimonial in July.

A City XI will take on Manchester City in a star-studded fixture at Ashton Gate on Saturday, July 28th to celebrate the career of the tough-tackling Scot who made 445 appearances for the Robins between 1969 and 1981.

Brian Tinnion and Darius 'Jacki' Dziekanowski were the first pair to confirm their appearance at the event, and now nine more have followed suit.

From the club's more recent history Tony Thorpe, Colin Cramb, Andy Jordon, Lee Matthews, Tommy Doherty and Lee Trundle have all agreed up to play.

Alan Walsh will also be making a return, along with David Mogg and Chris Honor.

The list will continue to grow between now and the game itself, with tickets going on sale this Friday via the club, 0117 963 0600.

Tickets are available in the Williams Stand and Wedlock Stand only, priced £8 for adults and £4 for concessions (senior citizens/under-16s).

Booking charge applies for card payments. There is seat reservation for season ticket holders.

There are also a number of sponsorship opportunities available for the game itself.

A match sponsor package is on sale, including advertising, website coverage, a table of ten in hospitality, three parking spaces, the chance to meet the players and VIPs, team photo and individual photo opportunities as well as a fully signed City shirt. All this is available for £2,500.

Match ball and programme sponsorship is available for £350 and £250 respectively.

For sponsorship enquiries call the sales team on 0117 963 0600.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2791137,00.html

Archived