IGNORED

Tinman Back At The Gate (Gerry Gow Testimonial Tickets)

oldfield

Forgot about the old Scot/Anglo cup geez, Fergie,Fergie whats the score :yahoo:

Gow; a true legend :worship2: a privelige to have seen the Gow,Gallery,Garland,Gibson era.

We need one like him right now a true leader and midfield general, one who would walk through walls for you

That is a massive balls up !Sure many would want to see both ?

I don't know the reasons but I guess it was the day that worked for most people

Once again we are a laughing stock!......... yawn

What? Why? I don't understand your comment.

Its great that its going ahead but once again, the club manages to balls it up with the dates. Its been said a thousand times but they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Should be good though I'd rather watch the testimonial over a first team pre-season game everyday of the week.

There has clearly been some challenges with setting the date, although it looks like this is the only one possible if it is to happen pre-season and not clash with the one for Louis.

It has taken a lot of hard work by Gerry's testimonial committee to even get this game on, especially at Ashton Gate. Speaking to Gerry himself at the Fans Derby game on Saturday, he is delighted it is happening, although perhaps had not realised the implication of the date clash with the tour.

No doubt that it is going to be a great occassion. It is a real pity that Gerry's game could not have been announced sooner so that those having already booked their travel and acommodation for the Scotland tour could have had made a more informed decision.

It is, thats the only downside is that the first team will be playing St Johnstone.

We have not signed a first team yet have we?

I'd rather see gerry, jackie and tin man in a one off as the lads in scotland we will get to see for 40 plus games the coming season,

lets just hope they give murray a kit man day off as well as carey to attend this testimonial.

Good news this though...

gerrys date was let out on the 23rd april by his son

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/13371724100/

I'd rather see gerry, jackie and tin man in a one off as the lads in scotland we will get to see for 40 plus games the coming season,

lets just hope they give murray a kit man day off as well as carey to attend this testimonial.

Completely agree, I know where i'll be, and it won't be Scotland. Long overdue testimonial if you ask me.

Hope the ref uses the same interpretation of the rules used in Gow's time :)

On another note - I noticed Mr R Scudamore getting dewy-eyed about football's past on the OS. If it wasn't for people like him football might still have a passing resemblance to those days.

The club organises a pre-season tour and a testimonial and you have to pick between them? I don't know how you'll sleep at night.

Do you not think that the people going to Scotland are dedicated City fans who are just the people who would want to attend the testimonial of a City great?

Or could I have stopped that sentence after 4 words?

Archived