IGNORED

1986-87 City Shirt On Ebay - Fake?

FredTheRed08

1988-89 Season

1988-89.jpg

1989-90 Season

1989-90.jpg

The dates on those photos are the wrong way round. The original team picture taken ahead of the 1988/89 season was:

http://www.google.co...72&tx=145&ty=94

Then the bottom picture was taken midway through that season for the Littlewoods Cup semi-final souvenir programme (note the pitch condition!). The game itself was when they wore the white Hirerite for the first time.

The photo above that one was taken ahead of the 1989/90 promotion winning season.

The dates on those photos are the wrong way round. The original team picture taken ahead of the 1988/89 season was:

http://www.google.co...72&tx=145&ty=94

Then the bottom picture was taken midway through that season for the Littlewoods Cup semi-final souvenir programme (note the pitch condition!). The game itself was when they wore the white Hirerite for the first time.

The photo above that one was taken ahead of the 1989/90 promotion winning season.

It does appear so, i didn't put the original text to the photos only what i found on the net

Looking through a book i have here the 1986-87 squad was:

Keith Waugh

Andy Llewellyn

Rob Newman

Keith Curle

David Moyes

Glyn Riley

Gordan Owen

Bobby Hutchingson

David Harle

Alan Walsh

Steve Neville

Gary Hamson

Brian Williams

Gary Marshall

Lee Rogers

John Macphail

Graham Withey

Paul Fitzpactrick

Trevor Morgan

Joe Jordan

Mickey Tanner

Steve Galliers

Chris Honor

Jim Harvey

Jeezus...............it says sold for £90.................. :read:

WHY would this one be worth that much?

It's not worth £90, it's worth LOTS more! Football shirts of that era in mint condition (particular player/match-worn shirts) fetch good money, most upwards of 3 figures. Don't believe me? Have a look here : www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk

When we were at Wembley I wore my Hirerite pin and it attracted so much attention. I could have easily sold it 4 or 5 times over for the money being offered north of £100. But it's not something I would ever part with as it was my first ever City shirt and holds a very special place in my memory. The same clearly goes for Walshy's decision to purchase the said item.

According to your profile you're 49, so surely you appreciate the era we're discussing, you must have something from that era that is personal to you?!?

I've had an email from the seller. Seems he has a few of these shirts, but not the no.3 in the picture!

He's given me the choice of 2, 5, 7, 8, 9 or 11 instead.

Found an old team sheet online where Rob Newman wore 2, John McPhail 5, Gordon Owen 7, Bobby Hutchinson 8, Paul Fitzpatrick 9 and Steve Neville 11.

Pity theres no Alan Walsh 10, so I'm having 11 instead.

So keep an eye out guys, as looks like he'll list the others soon.

I asked where he got them from, but he wouldn't say!

Yep real... 86-87 the year we lost to mansfield on pens at wembley although we wore white that day

David moyes in that shirt.

moyes1.jpg

85-86 We won at wembley beating bolton

( style that season below, notice in the picture the buka logo is different on various shirts)

BOL.jpg

Like fine wine he has definately improved with age! :wub: Great to see all the old faces again, is it really that long ago? I think I can still name just about all, wonder if I will be able to say that when I look back at recent seasons teams in 20 plus years time

... and they're now all live: http://www.ebay.co.u...ssn=robertmaj80

I shouldn't be judgmental, but given these are located in Poland, you have to wonder where the hell he got them all from?!?

He seems to be able to get hold of just about any shirt judging from his feedback. I scrolled through a couple of pages and didn't find anything as expensive as those Bristol City shirts though!

I've just bagged the number 9 so 2,5,7 and 8 left now. I think these shirts are an absolute steal at 90 quid considering their rarity, L sizing and excellent condition. If they are player issued shirts as I suspect, they could be worth four or five times that price.

Archived