IGNORED

Tinpot Club

bs3

Well it doesn't really matter now anyway.

And at the end of the day, who cares about attendance, Wigan seem to have got by for long enough being a "Tinpot club"

At least Blackpooll have a decent history in the game, and arguably one of the greatest ever English players played for them. Unlike our club.

I am wondering what people base tinpot on. If they are tinpot, what the hell does it make us? Won next to bugger all, with attendances not that great. I'd hate to think what others think of our great club!

Stones glass houses etc etc

I am wondering what people base tinpot on. If they are tinpot, what the hell does it make us? Won next to bugger all, with attendances not that great. I'd hate to think what others think of our great club!

TRL I do not care what others think of our Club, it's what we think of it that matters, Sticks, Stones etc etc.

To any out and out City Fan, the Mighty Reds, are the Best in the World, end of.............

I thought Holloway's (spit) interview today spoke volumes, something like 'people have to decide where this club goes'. Maybe Skeletor isn't as happy on the Fylde coast as people think? He blatantly wants a heftier budget and doesn't appear to be getting it!

Not selling 17000 Championship play off final tickets is shocking TBH.

Not selling 17000 Championship play off final tickets is shocking TBH.

Is this for real!? I really wouldn't think ANY team in the championship would sell less than double that. That is shocking and wouldn't be surprised if Holloway moves on.

Is this for real!? I really wouldn't think ANY team in the championship would sell less than double that. That is shocking and wouldn't be surprised if Holloway moves on.

46000 Irons and 29000 seasiders tells it's own story Gibbs. Crap support and swathes of empty seats in the Blackpool end.

Wouldn't blame him TBH but he's still a gas ba5tard whatever he does although his team played some great stuff!

Well it doesn't really matter now anyway.

And at the end of the day, who cares about attendance, Wigan seem to have got by for long enough being a "Tinpot club"

At least Blackpooll have a decent history in the game, and arguably one of the greatest ever English players played for them. Unlike our club.

Stones glass houses etc etc

We are a bigger club than Blackpool.

Blackpool are a small club that have done amazingly well in the last few seasons and fair play to them.

Indeed this is largely due to geographical reasons look at the players they attracted from man utd and liverpool. Would those players move from the north west to Bristol for 10 grand a week??? I think not

Yes, that explains why their average home attendance last season was 15,437 while ours was 13,845. We're a much bigger club than them aren't we?

All yesterday proves is that they have fewer glory hunters than us. The fact is they have more fans who turn up on a regular basis, they have been in the Premier League since 1980 and they should have won yesterday. If I may be so bold, I would suggest that they are in fact a bigger club than us, whatever that means. They're certainly a more successful club than us, and good luck to them. They slaughtered us twice this season, and I would have like to see them go up.

Yes, that explains why their average home attendance last season was 15,437 while ours was 13,845. We're a much bigger club than them aren't we?

All yesterday proves is that they have fewer glory hunters than us. The fact is they have more fans who turn up on a regular basis, they have been in the Premier League since 1980 and they should have won yesterday. If I may be so bold, I would suggest that they are in fact a bigger club than us, whatever that means. They're certainly a more successful club than us, and good luck to them. They slaughtered us twice this season, and I would have like to see them go up.

the Premier League was formed in 1992 :punish:

Care to quantify that statement?

The only way we are bigger than them is the capacity of our stadium and the number of letters in our name.

Currently they are better than us in the league, they have been in the premier league. Their history dwarfs ours.

So please explain what you think merits us being bigger than them?

the Premier League was formed in 1992 :punish:

Crikey, you're right, and before then there wasn't a top division at all, was there? We were only in Division One in 1976-80, so we weren't in the top division, we were in the second - but hang on, that's the Championship isn't it? So in 1976-80 we must have been in the third division. Silly me.

I love the fact that some people think that football didn't exist until the Premier League was created. I dare you to tell Gerry Gow he wasn't playing in the top division in 1976-80. Good luck. :ill:

Care to quantify that statement?

The only way we are bigger than them is the capacity of our stadium and the number of letters in our name.

Currently they are better than us in the league, they have been in the premier league. Their history dwarfs ours.

So please explain what you think merits us being bigger than them?

Bigger,why ? for one reason, we can sell out Wembley, bigger fan base.

Not a better club maybe but certainly bigger.

A Preston fan (trawling other fans forums to have a dig at us) has been on one of our forums highlighting this thread, I've never been on this site before but thought I would post to defend BFC a bit. We sold 29,295 tickets for yesterday's game of which my family were 6 of them. I got up at 4:30am, left my Mrs and 1 year old son at home and spent £84 on ticket and coach alone add to that food and drink throughout the day and I probably spent around £130, I walked in my front door at 11:30pm shattered from a very long and expensive day!

West Ham is less than 20 miles from Wembley, that's the equivalent of Wembley being in Preston to Blackpool fans, roll out of the house at 1pm and spend a tenner getting there and back. I'm sure if Wembley was less than 20 miles from us half the town would have gone! 2 years ago vs Cardiff we sold our allocation of 36,500, this time I'm assuming a lot of glory fans were put off with the travelling distance and cost of last time. Add to that all the Rangers, Celtic, Man Utd, Liverpool etc etc fans in Blackpool who have moved here over the years and the high levels of unemployment I don't think just short of 30k was a bad effort. With regards to who is the bigger club, as someone has already said, you are probably only on ground capacity and you pay higher wages, just ask Stead, Adomah and Pitman, it just goes to show it's not always best to go where the money is!

Blackpool has a population of 140,000 and took 29K to wembley yesterday. That's not a bad effort to be fair.

Nah, that means we have a bigger fan base, as you say, as we should, we are a large city after all.

Number of fans does not determine the size of the club, they are two separate entities.

What does big mean anyway?

You either base it on the clubs history, or what the club are doing right now, either way, Blackpool are bigger.

If you base it on attendance, over the season, they are better than us. On one game at Wembley, they are smaller than us. Make of all that, what you will.

Blackpool had a bigger average gate than us this year although id be interested to know how many had purchased season tickets before relegation from the prem was confirmed. Seasons before the prem their average was much lower than ours, and may well be lower again next season.

Archived