IGNORED

Maynard Money

old_eastender

Lets just hope there isn't an appearance and performance clause in that contract ...

The first thing West ham will do is buy 1-2 recognised, named, top strikers !! Maynard's already bottom pick of the current crop so his career in the prem could be over before it starts ...

He wont play much in the Prem, that is a defo.

Teach the greedy sod for leaving us

You don't have to work as much and you get more money. Tough lesson. If you believe it's all about greed, surely people believe he won't care.

I wouldn't mind us having a look at Sam Baldock, he'll be playing less than Maynard.

He wont play much in the Prem, that is a defo.

Teach the greedy sod for leaving us

Interesting opinion. You may regard it as a 'defo', but some would disagree with you. I think he'll get more opportunities in the Premier League than he has had in the Championship, and that he will be a success. He may even be challenging for England honours by the time of the next world cup. Just my opinion though, and certainly not a 'defo'.

As for him being a greedy sod, please explain in what way Maynard differs from every other footballer in this country? Is there a single one who would not take the opportunity of a) more money and b) playing at a higher level?

Good luck to the bloke.

Interesting opinion. You may regard it as a 'defo', but some would disagree with you. I think he'll get more opportunities in the Premier League than he has had in the Championship, and that he will be a success. He may even be challenging for England honours by the time of the next world cup. Just my opinion though, and certainly not a 'defo'.

As for him being a greedy sod, please explain in what way Maynard differs from every other footballer in this country? Is there a single one who would not take the opportunity of a) more money and b) playing at a higher level?

Good luck to the bloke.

+1

Good luck to the bloke.

Respect to your opinion, but just wondered what you were basing this opinion on?

It's already been discussed to death on here, but many people have already pointed out a number of weaknesses in his game.

As he wasn't even an automatic first choice in West Ham's championship squad, his chances of shining when he's up against Premier class defences are sure to be even less likely.

He had one admittedly great season with us, but I think his game was too on-dimensional, so he got found out and became largely ineffective.

Next season will provide the answer I Guess, but I really don't think he's got anywhere near enough ability or physical presence to make a mark in the Prem.

As for being a greedy sod, he definitely IS.

If he'd signed a new contract and then a big club had come in for him, then I'd have said good luck to him. The way he strung us along was inexcusable and definitely driven by greed. That's exactly why he got the well deserved reception he did at the end of last season.

Good luck to the bloke.

Respect to your opinion, but just wondered what you were basing this opinion on?

It's already been discussed to death on here, but many people have already pointed out a number of weaknesses in his game.

As he wasn't even an automatic first choice in West Ham's championship squad, his chances of shining when he's up against Premier class defences are sure to be even less likely.

He had one admittedly great season with us, but I think his game was too on-dimensional, so he got found out and became largely ineffective.

Next season will provide the answer I Guess, but I really don't think he's got anywhere near enough ability or physical presence to make a mark in the Prem.

If he'd signed a new contract and then a big club had come in for him, then I'd have said good luck to him. The way he strung us along was inexcusable and definitely driven by greed. That's exactly why he got the well deserved reception he did at the end of last season.

Absolutely correct. It's a short career and he's ambitious but we have provided the platform for him to showcase his undoubted talent, stood by him when he was injured. All he had to do was sign a contract, no one would have stood in his way and if Wham really wanted him they would have paid come what may, but sadly for him it looks like he was only ever going to be a bit of insurance if the Vaz Te signing went t1ts up.

He looked like the proverbial spare ***** at the wedding yesterday.

He has a lot to learn.

If you treat people with a callous disregard it will come back and bite you.

Absolutely correct. It's a short career and he's ambitious but we have provided the platform for him to showcase his undoubted talent, stood by him when he was injured. All he had to do was sign a contract, no one would have stood in his way and if Wham really wanted him they would have paid come what may, but sadly for him it looks like he was only ever going to be a bit of insurance if the Vaz Te signing went t1ts up.

He looked like the proverbial spare ***** at the wedding yesterday.

He has a lot to learn.

If you treat people with a callous disregard it will come back and bite you.

We get nothing from West Ham for promotion, but receive some money (250k from memory) if they stay up for one season. They definitely have to stay for one season for us to get anything, based on a long interview a read with their chairman/owner.

Good luck to him. Think he is more of a Chopra type player who won't be good enough in the Prem but will always weigh in with 15-20 in this league.

... or, is it a fact that he has only managed that ONCE at NPC level...?!

... or, is it a fact that he has only managed that ONCE at NPC level...?!

Although that is a fact, I'm basing that on him playing most of the time for a team that isn't total shit like we were. Also that is based on him not getting injured as well (which could easily happen again I think).

He did score 45 for us off 111 league starts which shows his scoring record would be about 18 or 19 goals a season.

can we leave this alone now!maynard has left us we need to get over it ,i know i have! we dont have this sort of debate about other players that have left us,nicky is a former city player thanks for what he did lets now look to the future.

With respect, don't like, don't read. no-one forces you to read a thread and there was a very valid question asked by the OP.

The deal for Maynard is City receive a cash bonus if:

(a) West Ham get promoted this season, which they now have, and stay up next season (whether or not Maynard is involved)

(b) If they did not get promotion this season, but did get promotion to the Premier next season.

The bottom line is, City have to hope West Ham stay up to pick up a little bonus - probably around £250,000.

From what has happened this season, Big Sam does not appear to rate him highly, and the word in London is that Maynard is disillusioned. My guess is he will be on the bench for the start of the season and then loaned out at Christmas.

But you still cannot blame the player for wanting to take his chance and getting a big wage rise.

The deal for Maynard is City receive a cash bonus if:

(a) West Ham get promoted this season, which they now have, and stay up next season (whether or not Maynard is involved)

(b) If they did not get promotion this season, but did get promotion to the Premier next season.

The bottom line is, City have to hope West Ham stay up to pick up a little bonus - probably around £250,000.

From what has happened this season, Big Sam does not appear to rate him highly, and the word in London is that Maynard is disillusioned. My guess is he will be on the bench for the start of the season and then loaned out at Christmas.

But you still cannot blame the player for wanting to take his chance and getting a big wage rise.

Why the **** did he sign him then?!

Although that is a fact, I'm basing that on him playing most of the time for a team that isn't total shit like we were. Also that is based on him not getting injured as well (which could easily happen again I think).

He did score 45 for us off 111 league starts which shows his scoring record would be about 18 or 19 goals a season.

...Or, based on his stats from his time at a club that are not "total shit like we were" his return of 2 league goals in 14 appearances, starts or otherwise, would equate to less that 7 goals over the course of a season. Some way short of the "15 - 20 he will always get in this league"

...Or, based on his stats from his time at a club that are not "total shit like we were" his return of 2 league goals in 14 appearances, starts or otherwise, would equate to less that 7 goals over the course of a season. Some way short of the "15 - 20 he will always get in this league"

Every striker goes through a lean spell - you could point to any decent striker who will have had a barren spell.

The point I was making is his record at City was one that means if he played full seasons he would get about 18 goals. That excludes getting injured etc which obviously happens a lot to him.

Every striker goes through a lean spell - you could point to any decent striker who will have had a barren spell.

The point I was making is his record at City was one that means if he played full seasons he would get about 18 goals. That excludes getting injured etc which obviously happens a lot to him.

Yes, I understand that and I'm not trying to be arguementative for the sake of it.

You stated that he would scorer 15-20 goals every season at NPC level, yet only once has he achieved this. Every other season, for whatever reason, he has not done or really got anywhere near - therefore to class him as a banker to get 15-20 goals a season is simply incorrect.

Yes, I agree that he is a good player who will score goals and if he stayed injury free for a season then he probably would achieve that target, but would you put a hefty bet, right now, on him doing it in his next season at this level, having only done it once before (which also included a large amount of wonder goals)...?

I'm not sure if I would!

Archived