IGNORED

Maynard Money

old_eastender

...Or, based on his stats from his time at a club that are not "total shit like we were" his return of 2 league goals in 14 appearances, starts or otherwise, would equate to less that 7 goals over the course of a season. Some way short of the "15 - 20 he will always get in this league"

He still finished our top goal scorer so what does that make the rest of our strikers?

Interesting opinion. You may regard it as a 'defo', but some would disagree with you. I think he'll get more opportunities in the Premier League than he has had in the Championship, and that he will be a success. He may even be challenging for England honours by the time of the next world cup. Just my opinion though, and certainly not a 'defo'.

As for him being a greedy sod, please explain in what way Maynard differs from every other footballer in this country? Is there a single one who would not take the opportunity of a) more money and b) playing at a higher level?

Good luck to the bloke.

Well i know for sure that Mayard was offered a deal that was the highest paid player at the football club plus add on,s.

He had a new born baby to deal with as well.

He must of been offered a lot more to join the hammers which he did. He had an opportunity to stay where he was and no upheavel for his new baby and wife.

He basically thought b ollocks, im off, and took the money?

As for being a success in the Prem i doubt it. (my personal view) There is no way he is going to be first choice at the start of the season. He may get a chance but will have to take it.

West Ham will have to strengthen in order to keep their Premier status and may even go the full hog and buy a top quality striker in order to do so.

That will see Maynard down the pecking list and even loaned out.

It might come back to bite me on the ass but the fella left our club under a cloud of discontent, and upsetting the fans.

For that reason i dont give a toss for his future

Well i know for sure that Mayard was offered a deal that was the highest paid player at the football club plus add on,s.

He had a new born baby to deal with as well.

He must of been offered a lot more to join the hammers which he did. He had an opportunity to stay where he was and no upheavel for his new baby and wife.

He basically thought b ollocks, im off, and took the money?

As for being a success in the Prem i doubt it. (my personal view) There is no way he is going to be first choice at the start of the season. He may get a chance but will have to take it.

West Ham will have to strengthen in order to keep their Premier status and may even go the full hog and buy a top quality striker in order to do so.

That will see Maynard down the pecking list and even loaned out.

It might come back to bite me on the ass but the fella left our club under a cloud of discontent, and upsetting the fans.

For that reason i dont give a toss for his future

I really hope he doesn't go skiing again. I'd hate for him to be out of the game for a long time.

Yes, I understand that and I'm not trying to be arguementative for the sake of it.

You stated that he would scorer 15-20 goals every season at NPC level, yet only once has he achieved this. Every other season, for whatever reason, he has not done or really got anywhere near - therefore to class him as a banker to get 15-20 goals a season is simply incorrect.

Yes, I agree that he is a good player who will score goals and if he stayed injury free for a season then he probably would achieve that target, but would you put a hefty bet, right now, on him doing it in his next season at this level, having only done it once before (which also included a large amount of wonder goals)...?

I'm not sure if I would!

As I said, if injury free and playing all games he would. But as you say, that combination has only happened once so I wouldn't go betting on it.

Archived