IGNORED

Cisse May Stay

sglosbcfc

While i think its great news that Cisse may stay in a way i think it may be best if he left. We will have the same midfield of Skuse, Elliott and Cisse that has struggled for the last two seasons bcus they are too similar in style to each other. We need to offload one of one of the defensive holding midfielders and bring in a creative midfielder

While i think its great news that Cisse may stay in a way i think it may be best if he left. We will have the same midfield of Skuse, Elliott and Cisse that has struggled for the last two seasons bcus they are too similar in style to each other. We need to offload one of one of the defensive holding midfielders and bring in a creative midfielder

Do you not think Cisse is one of our better players though?? I know the easy option is to get rid of the out of contract player...but the sensilbe option is to keep your better players and try to offload the poorer ones.

Elliott or Skuse for me.....to be honest, I'd say Elliott.

If Cisse stays I would honestly look to shop Marvin. Controversial I know, but I think the money we could get for him woulf help and lets be honest, did we really miss him last part of the season? With an additional signing in midfield, Marv would well be surplus.

Do you not think Cisse is one of our better players though?? I know the easy option is to get rid of the out of contract player...but the sensilbe option is to keep your better players and try to offload the poorer ones.

I agree....I thought Skuse and Cisse played well end of last season, Cisse the beat mid all season. I know alot of people like him, but would be Elliot to go for me...or stay but not start.

• Admin

There is nothing in that article that shows the situation is any different to when we announced the retained list.

Cissé understands that we need to reduce our wage bill. He wants to explore the possibility of maintaining his current wage level elsewhere. If that isn't possible he is happy to sign for us over clubs offering the same reduced amount.

I'd love him back, hopefully get rid of Marv & Kilkenny and then we'd have Skuse/Cisse /One new signing and Pearson who can also play centre mid

Saying that, it's a tough one because we looked like we missed Marv once he went out injured

Elliot is the only centre mid we have who can score goals,

when we hit that really poor run it was partly due to the fact Marv was out injured Cisse has to reduce his wage demands if he wants to stay as the big pay-off he's after has not come,

I'd keep Skuse and Marv as they are loyal and get rid of kilkenny if anyone had to go

Not for me. Skuse brings far more to the team that Elliot and has already been pointed out Elliot and Skuse have been the core of City's midfield for several season's and City have largely struggled in the center of the park. City didn't exactly miss Elliot either during the run in last season and Skuse was able to get forward far more without having to cover for Elliot.

Cisse as we all know is an excellent defensive midfielder and he brings that extra protection to the back four and consequently City are a lot more solid.

It also very likely that McInnes is looking to strenghten the midfield over the summer and I wouldn't be surprised to see Skuse taking up a more attacking role next season with Elliot becoming a fringe player.

I'd love him back, hopefully get rid of Marv & Kilkenny and then we'd have Skuse/Cisse /One new signing and Pearson who can also play centre mid

Saying that, it's a tough one because we looked like we missed Marv once he went out injured

Unbeaten in 8 without Elliot.

Unbeaten in 8 without Elliot.

granted, but when he first went out of the side we looked very poor.

when we hit that really poor run it was partly due to the fact Marv was out injured Cisse has to reduce his wage demands if he wants to stay as the big pay-off he's after has not come,

I'd keep Skuse and Marv as they are loyal and get rid of kilkenny if anyone had to go

I think Skuse will score just as many if he plays with the same positioning as he did towards the end of last season

Cisse is a different class, the game moves at a slower pace for him which is always a sign of that. He was the best defensive midfield player in this division last season, I would love him to stay. I think with him playing and DMC managing Skuse started to show a much more adventurous side to his game, we have always known he has the "engine" to get up and down but with Cisse behind him he has shown that he can exploit that freedom to get forward too. Marvin is capable of doing a similar job and has a greater aerial threat but lacks Skuses composure and strength on the ground. If it was a straight choice I think I would go with Skuse because I think he will show even more under DMC next year.

Cisse is a different class, the game moves at a slower pace for him which is always a sign of that. He was the best defensive midfield player in this division last season, I would love him to stay. I think with him playing and DMC managing Skuse started to show a much more adventurous side to his game, we have always known he has the "engine" to get up and down but with Cisse behind him he has shown that he can exploit that freedom to get forward too. Marvin is capable of doing a similar job and has a greater aerial threat but lacks Skuses composure and strength on the ground. If it was a straight choice I think I would go with Skuse because I think he will show even more under DMC next year.

This.

Elliott would not be missed if we were to get rid of one of the three midfielders mentioned.

Elliott looks so awkward when on the ball. Skuse and Cisse is a good partnership - both have great footballing brains and technique.

Skuse can go forward with Cisse in the team. With Elliott our midfield seems to 'stand still'.

As for creative central midfielder, are there many of that echleon in this division, or even a division below that can rise to the Championship? Kilkenny is good enough for us right now.

Don't say Noble, not fit enough!

Would flog Marvin at the drop of a hat. Looks a headless chicken at this level and lacks a good touch or passing range. He does get a few goals but the amount of chances he misses, especially with his head, arriving in the box is also worthy of note. You can't help but think with a genuine attacking minded ball playing central midfielder bursting into the box there are more goals to be had from that position.

Cisse + new man for me in the middle with Skuse a good backup when playing like he did late in the season.

I still think it's highly unlikely Cisse will be with us next season. They'll be a few clubs out there who'll offer him a higher wage than we can, guaranteed.

Maybe, but I wonder just how much other managers rate him?

He has looked good in a side that has looked woefully short on many occasions, but some of the opinions of him rate him massively better than i think he is. I do think he is good, but our team has also highlighted this.

If he goes it will be abroad, I would have thought. I am not entirely sure he will find better wages in the Championship than he is on now, as I don't think the bigger teams who could afford to would be after him.

I think he will head across the channel to France if he doesn't stay with us.

There is nothing in that article that shows the situation is any different to when we announced the retained list.

Cissé understands that we need to reduce our wage bill. He wants to explore the possibility of maintaining his current wage level elsewhere. If that isn't possible he is happy to sign for us over clubs offering the same reduced amount.

Absolutely so.

Although I do feel some of Stockhausen's articles recently have been an improvement (his Richard Keogh story was a proper exclusive, for instance) this is basically a re-hash of what was said when the retained list came out, in that Cisse can only stay if he accepts a significant pay cut, so he'll understandably find out if he can do better for himself elsewhere first.

As for the fantasists suggesting that we now somehow move Elliott or Kilkenny on, in these days of Financial Fair Play who do you think will pay them similar wages, let alone any sort of fee? They will be here until their contracts expire, I'll wager and with Pearson likely to re-sign, if Cisse did too, (though my hunch is that he won't) I'd not expect us to bring in any more midfielders at all.

I agree that Elliot scores goals – but does he score enough considering the positions he gets in? Personally I don’t think he does. He’s a good box-to-box player and gets on the end of a lot of crosses, but misses far too many.

I agree that Elliot scores goals – but does he score enough considering the positions he gets in? Personally I don’t think he does. He’s a good box-to-box player and gets on the end of a lot of crosses, but misses far too many.

He misses loads, but Ialso think he brings a presence to our attack from Corners and Free kicks, he can cause carnage, we just need to be better at feeding of the chances his physicality creates.

if he could add more goals to his game, that would be great.

I would like to see Skuse get forward more, he seemed to do it in his last few games and chances started coming, I am sure he has it in his locker to add more goals to his game, he just need the belief in himself that he can finish.

Absolutely so.

Although I do feel some of Stockhausen's articles recently have been an improvement (his Richard Keogh story was a proper exclusive, for instance) this is basically a re-hash of what was said when the retained list came out, in that Cisse can only stay if he accepts a significant pay cut, so he'll understandably find out if he can do better for himself elsewhere first.

As for the fantasists suggesting that we now somehow move Elliott or Kilkenny on, in these days of Financial Fair Play who do you think will pay them similar wages, let alone any sort of fee? They will be here until their contracts expire, I'll wager and with Pearson likely to re-sign, if Cisse did too, (though my hunch is that he won't) I'd not expect us to bring in any more midfielders at all.

I was talking to Stockhausen whilst watching the final games of the premier league season. He's very impressed by Del, particularly how he deals with the press. Perhaps Del is giving him little snippets before they get out? Despite what many of us think of Stockhausen, he is in an influential position and it's in Del's interests to keep him onside.

Not for me. Skuse brings far more to the team that Elliot and has already been pointed out Elliot and Skuse have been the core of City's midfield for several season's and City have largely struggled in the center of the park. City didn't exactly miss Elliot either during the run in last season and Skuse was able to get forward far more without having to cover for Elliot.

Cisse as we all know is an excellent defensive midfielder and he brings that extra protection to the back four and consequently City are a lot more solid.

It also very likely that McInnes is looking to strenghten the midfield over the summer and I wouldn't be surprised to see Skuse taking up a more attacking role next season with Elliot becoming a fringe player.

Sorry....I meant we should let go either Skuse or Marv....and I'd let Marv go

Elliott's not played for a while and I think some on here are forgetting what he brings to the team (all personal opinions off course - that's what it's all about).

From my perspective Marv was the only person holding it all together in the early/middle part of the season. He was sorely missed in the back half of the season until the last gasp 8 match run and I'm still not sure who or what was responsible for that... David James being dropped is the only obvious.

I'd be disappointed not to see Marv here next season and its worth remembering that both he and Skuse can play right back.

Archived