IGNORED

Balotelli (Again)

redsince1994

Anyone see this? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/mobile/football/18260738

Im not gonna comment.

Good on him, apart from the killing someone part; not that I would morn the loss to society of someone who might throw a banana at someone in the street because they were black

I've no doubt that Panorama programme sensationalised the situation in the Ukraine, but it's still rather worrying that the organisers seem to be pretending the problem doesn't exist. With the 2018 world cup taking place in Russia where similar things are prevalent and 2022 in Qatar where homosexuality is illegal, you do wonder what road FIFA/UEFA are taking us down

So a footballer can say he is going to kill someone and people agree but doesn't seriously think he would actually do it. But when people say Ashton Vale is going to be defended by snipers and bamboo pits it gets reported as a crime????

I think we need Mr Balotelli on our side!!!

So a footballer can say he is going to kill someone and people agree but doesn't seriously think he would actually do it. But when people say Ashton Vale is going to be defended by snipers and bamboo pits it gets reported as a crime????

Ha, good point M :D

Why walk off, you are just doing the morons work for them! They don't want you on the pitch. Best that you decline the offer of going to the tournament. If all Black players refused to go, it may make UEFA and FIFA actually wake up.

As for murder, well why not just stuff that banana up his ass sideways, that will leave the moron traumatised for life.

Why walk off, you are just doing the morons work for them! They don't want you on the pitch. Best that you decline the offer of going to the tournament. If all Black players refused to go, it may make UEFA and FIFA actually wake up.

As for murder, well why not just stuff that banana up his ass sideways, that will leave the moron traumatised for life.

Good point TRL, but if player refuses to go he's forgotten about as soon as the tournament starts. If a player or team walks off the pitch it'll be the thing Euro 2012 is remembered for. A mate of mine has said that if any England players are abused the team should walk off and forfeit the points. We ain't going to win it so perhaps it'd be the best use of the England squads time...

Good point TRL, but if player refuses to go he's forgotten about as soon as the tournament starts. If a player or team walks off the pitch it'll be the thing Euro 2012 is remembered for. A mate of mine has said that if any England players are abused the team should walk off and forfeit the points. We ain't going to win it so perhaps it'd be the best use of the England squads time...

I think if a player chooses not to go because of the threat of racism, there will be little threat to his place, can you imagine the furore if black or Asian players were not picked?

You have a good point though, the image of a player walking off will be remembered. I fear no teams would be wooing to forgo points, after all, that really is not fair on the supporters who have paid thousands of pounds to watch their team.

I think if a player chooses not to go because of the threat of racism, there will be little threat to his place, can you imagine the furore if black or Asian players were not picked?

You have a good point though, the image of a player walking off will be remembered. I fear no teams would be wooing to forgo points, after all, that really is not fair on the supporters who have paid thousands of pounds to watch their team.

Sorry, didn't mean that the player would be forgotten for selection I meant the gesture will be forgotten. If we see things like monkey chanting it'll be interesting to see what happens. Can't see UEFA instructing referees to lead players off unless they feel they have no choice due to a threat of violence

Sorry, didn't mean that the player would be forgotten for selection I meant the gesture will be forgotten. If we see things like monkey chanting it'll be interesting to see what happens. Can't see UEFA instructing referees to lead players off unless they feel they have no choice due to a threat of violence

It would take one strong ref with morals to take them off. Would be interesting if it happened. What if the ref is black? And he walked off!

sorry but you're misquoting him. he said he WOULD, IF that situation were to arise, not that he IS going to do it

"I think I am a genius, but not a rebel," he said. "I have my life, my world. I do what I want, without annoying anyone.

"I believe I am more intelligent than the average person.

"The talent God gave me is beautiful and wonderful, but it is difficult because you are always facing other people keen to judge you.

"There are few people with such talent, so there are few able to judge what I am doing."

My god he is full of crap, is that judging him?, ummmm, too right it is and I suspect his current and previous managers would have highlighted the 2 sentences I did as well.

As for the important part of the statement, the killing people bit is silly and the bit about walking off of the pitch has now allowed any racists at the tournament to beat him even before he kicks a ball, further evidence he is no genius.

We are discussing a 21 year old kid.

In his own words a genius and more intelligent than most.

I seem to think of him as a headline maker for his stupid comments and after hours activities. Add to that, once Tevez regained some match fitness, Balotelli spent plenty of time on the bench.

Is he even an automatic selection for Italy, does he even eat spaghetti. The kid makes a comment on racism, hell its the only way he can make a headline. A black Joey Barton, just another attention grabber who just now and then features on the pitch

I seem to think of him as a headline maker for his stupid comments and after hours activities. Add to that, once Tevez regained some match fitness, Balotelli spent plenty of time on the bench.

Is he even an automatic selection for Italy, does he even eat spaghetti. The kid makes a comment on racism, hell its the only way he can make a headline. A black Joey Barton, just another attention grabber who just now and then features on the pitch

He's been given the number 9 shirt for Italy which would indicate he is their key striker.

Difference between Balotelli and Barton is that Balotelli is a good footballer and could become a top class footballer. Joey Barton has been nothing more than average through-out his whole career imo.

Do you have to eat spaghetti to be italian?

Sorry I thought a person's nationality was generally based on where they were born?!

A bannana in the tail pipe , as Axel Foley might say !

People: "there are no characters in football any more, they're all boring, self-obsessed play boys"

Same people: "he's just an attention seeker"

Before anyone gets sand in their crack, it's a general comment on society NOT anyone specifically. Mario Balotelli is entitled to say whatever he likes- about his own ability, his opinions on racism, whether the sky is blue. How can anyone come on a forum, spout sh1t about anything they like and criticise a footballer for doing it, just because the media are interested in said musings. Dislike of confidence, success and talent is an English disease

Ps I do think Balotelli is overrated as a footballer, but at least the bloke isn't the usual semi-literate automoton the English game usually produces

People: "there are no characters in football any more, they're all boring, self-obsessed play boys"

Same people: "he's just an attention seeker"

Before anyone gets sand in their crack, it's a general comment on society NOT anyone specifically. Mario Balotelli is entitled to say whatever he likes- about his own ability, his opinions on racism, whether the sky is blue. How can anyone come on a forum, spout sh1t about anything they like and criticise a footballer for doing it, just because the media are interested in said musings. Dislike of confidence, success and talent is an English disease

Ps I do think Balotelli is overrated as a footballer, but at least the bloke isn't the usual semi-literate automoton the English game usually produces

Who thinks he is a genius, he plays football he has not found a cure for cancer.

Who thinks he is a genius, he plays football he has not found a cure for cancer.

So what? Genius is one of the most over-used words in the English language. It's common meaning has probably moved from referring to someone of exceptional intelligence to someone or something thats very good at a task or action. In which case Balotelli would be entitled to call himself a genius, even if he's wrong. I would also say that because he's 'outspoken', Balotelli probably gets asked a lot of leading questions by journalists that won't be included in the published transcript of an interview. Journalistic tools such as "he continued" or "he followed that by saying" often hide a question such as (inthe case) "Mario, would you agree that you're a genius?" Just speculating...

So what? Genius is one of the most over-used words in the English language. It's common meaning has probably moved from referring to someone of exceptional intelligence to someone or something thats very good at a task or action. In which case Balotelli would be entitled to call himself a genius, even if he's wrong. I would also say that because he's 'outspoken', Balotelli probably gets asked a lot of leading questions by journalists that won't be included in the published transcript of an interview. Journalistic tools such as "he continued" or "he followed that by saying" often hide a question such as (inthe case) "Mario, would you agree that you're a genius?" Just speculating...

Genius has no real meaning anymore, it has been watered down to encapsulte so many things

genius could mean, intellectual genius, creative genius, could be said the person that created a brick was a genius.

Either way, Ballotelli is wrong in his assumption he is some sort of genius, I can't say I have ever seen him do something out of this world creativly on a football field. I have seen him score good goals using good technique, he has clearly used the wrong word.

Genius has no real meaning anymore, it has been watered down to encapsulte so many things

genius could mean, intellectual genius, creative genius, could be said the person that created a brick was a genius.

Either way, Ballotelli is wrong in his assumption he is some sort of genius, I can't say I have ever seen him do something out of this world creativly on a football field. I have seen him score good goals using good technique, he has clearly used the wrong word.

That's down to your opinion though. I agree with you, I've never seen him do something that brings to mind Messi, Maradona, Ronaldinho, etc, but if he feels that he has the ability to transcend the normal levels of skill seen on a football pitch then he is perfectly entitled to use the word, even if the rest of us see it a bit differently

There’s something not quite right in his mental makeup! He needs to “grow up” a bit

That said, the best thing he can do is play the racist trump card a la Jessie Owens in the 1936 Olympics, stay on the field and play his b****cks off and give the clenched fist to the baying crowd and Officials when he scores the winning goal in the final against the commies

I bet Septic Blatter and his Garlic noshing froggy sidekick Platini would soon take notice then.

Oops can I use the word Froggy ??

There’s something not quite right in his mental makeup! He needs to “grow up” a bit

That said, the best thing he can do is play the racist trump card a la Jessie Owens in the 1936 Olympics, stay on the field and play his b****cks off and give the clenched fist to the baying crowd and Officials when he scores the winning goal in the final against the commies

I bet Septic Blatter and his Garlic noshing froggy sidekick Platini would soon take notice then.

Oops can I use the word Froggy ??

Don't see why not, they call us roast beef.

Archived