IGNORED

Balotelli (Again)

redsince1994

He's been given the number 9 shirt for Italy which would indicate he is their key striker.

Difference between Balotelli and Barton is that Balotelli is a good footballer and could become a top class footballer. Joey Barton has been nothing more than average through-out his whole career imo.

Another Whoosh !

I have exchanged emails with other senior posters, [ 55-70 ] and the common thought is they hardly ever post anymore due to the lack of quality in the posts and posters. One point was an 18 year old with 3500+ posts, more than serious posters who have been on Otib for nearly 10 years.

I am close to dropping out of Otib, some of you juveniles need to read the posts before you go ballistic. There are grandparents out here in cyber space, some with global experience, great achievements, families around the world with mixed blood, etc etc.

I can't expect the younger posters to think or even imagine as do the much older or more experienced posters. I would ask that a little thought and consideration be given before jumping in with heavy boots.

With all due consideration and humility......... Grandpa Rednready

Good on him, apart from the killing someone part; not that I would morn the loss to society of someone who might throw a banana at someone in the street because they were black

I've no doubt that Panorama programme sensationalised the situation in the Ukraine, but it's still rather worrying that the organisers seem to be pretending the problem doesn't exist. With the 2018 world cup taking place in Russia where similar things are prevalent and 2022 in Qatar where homosexuality is illegal, you do wonder what road FIFA/UEFA are taking us down

It's got to be North Korea for 2026, or possibly Syria,,,

Genius has no real meaning anymore, it has been watered down to encapsulte so many things

genius could mean, intellectual genius, creative genius, could be said the person that created a brick was a genius.

Either way, Ballotelli is wrong in his assumption he is some sort of genius, I can't say I have ever seen him do something out of this world creativly on a football field. I have seen him score good goals using good technique, he has clearly used the wrong word.

Paul Dirac and Cary Grant, both at Bishop Road Primary - which was the genius?

"Former England captain Sol Campbell advised fans not to travel, suggesting they would be risking their lives if they did so.

Ukraine's Euro 2012 director Markian Lubkivsky said Campbell's remarks were "insolent"."

Sums him up, then. Black people should keep their mouths shut and do what they're told or expect to be called "insolent".

Paul Dirac and Cary Grant, both at Bishop Road Primary - which was the genius?

One a scientist/mathematician who is apparently a genius, I dunno, I don't have the brain power to say he is a genius, could be a fraud for all I know!

The other a world class actor... Genius, I don't know, I suppose he called be called an acting genius, not in my book though, I thought he was a bit wooden.

"Former England captain Sol Campbell advised fans not to travel, suggesting they would be risking their lives if they did so.

Ukraine's Euro 2012 director Markian Lubkivsky said Campbell's remarks were "insolent"."

Sums him up, then. Black people should keep their mouths shut and do what they're told or expect to be called "insolent".

You've opened yourself up to some wooshers there!

Genius has no real meaning anymore, it has been watered down to encapsulte so many things

genius could mean, intellectual genius, creative genius, could be said the person that created a brick was a genius.

Either way, Ballotelli is wrong in his assumption he is some sort of genius, I can't say I have ever seen him do something out of this world creativly on a football field. I have seen him score good goals using good technique, he has clearly used the wrong word.

His genius lies not in his football but in his self promotion. He's always saying or doing things to keep himself in the public eye and a topic of discussion as this tread proves. Footballing wise young Mario is a good skilful player worthy of a place in any top league. But to be classed as a genius he has a long way to go before he's mentioned in the same breath as Pele, Best Cruyff and I hate saying it ,Maradona.

and giving the racists exactly what they set out to achieve, they will have won.

In one respect you are right but it only takes one player with big brass ones to make a point and many more will follow. I'm sure the likes of Evera would follow suit. It would also make a point that no tournament is more important than civilised behaviour.

Do you have to eat spaghetti to be italian?

Sorry I thought a person's nationality was generally based on where they were born?!

If you've eaten Scotch eggs and leeks and also drank Guinness then you qualify for any of the home nations.

One a scientist/mathematician who is apparently a genius, I dunno, I don't have the brain power to say he is a genius, could be a fraud for all I know!

The other a world class actor... Genius, I don't know, I suppose he called be called an acting genius, not in my book though, I thought he was a bit wooden.

Trust me, Dirac was a genius. I'm only a science graduate, but I know enough to realise that he was second only to Einstein in 20th century physics. Cary Grant was amazing in North by Northwest, but maybe that was Hitchcock's direction...

Archived