IGNORED

To The Wilson Fan Club

Cardy

I guess I'm one that would be classified as a 'Wilson fan', if that means allowing the guy to do his job without people getting on his back every 5 minutes.

However, after yesterday's fiasco, I now have mixed feelings. We got our tactics wrong and we didn't play an attacking side in a must-win game where 'winner takes all'.

For me that smells a little of incompetence.

My only argument against removing Wilson is two points:

1. It would cost the club a lot of money, because he won't resign.

2. Any manager that is brought in will want to start his own '5 year plan' and I don't think the supporters are willing to wait another 4 or 5 years.

If anyone can answer those two questions to my satisfaction, then I would be agreeable to removing Wilson.

As it stands, it leads me to believe our best hope for promotion next year is still with Wilson.

Cant believe this.

If we'd won it would be sign Wilson up for 5 years and now its sack him?

How fickle are we :grr:

Ok i understand everyone is p#ssed off but come on this is'nt the time to get on his back.

damn right! you would be all singing his praised if we has gone up

Cant believe this.

How fickle are we :grr:

Ok i understand everyone is p#ssed off but come on this is'nt the time to get on his back.

Yes and in the last 4 years he had got us to the prem, it would also be, sign him up forever, but the fact is he didnt

This is a collective thing here guys, the players have a lot on their shoulders here, this isn't all Danny's fault. I hate slagging anyone off but we just didnt do the business, and this knee jerk reaction about sacking the manager, getting rid of all the players is just rediculous.

Guest M4_J12
Let's give Wilson one more chance. City have made progress with him, going from 5th place to 3rd place in play-offs then third place to play-off final.......maybe 1st this year?

Here here. Let's persevere. The thought of starting all over again under a new manager (management) regime just compounds the present's great feeling of disappointment. Let's push on, but at all costs try to keep our best players.

I wnat him gone, the third place last season was good, it was an incredibly strong division, which is why i could take it, the top 6 were all very good sides. This season we managed no better in a division that didn't have a single team anywhere near Crewe, Wigan, Cardiff or ourselfs and we still finished third.

I'm sorry but if willson could not get us up in the division as it was this season then the fact is he is not a good enough manager to do so.

He will not walk because like Houllier he has absolutely no honour, he didn't walk after he destroyed Wednesday and has to be a big part in the fact that their club is in this league. He will not walk.

Guest comeonyoureds

when is the best time then?

when is the best time then?
When they are mid table obscurity, battling to stay up and when results are completely going the wrong way and when the players are performing woefully week in week out. Finshing 3rd in two seasons is an achievement, I'm gutted we played woefully bad, and quite rightly as Mr Lansdown said the fans were let down, but now isnt the time.

When they are mid table obscurity, battling to stay up and when results are completely going the wrong way and when the players are performing woefully week in week out. Finshing 3rd in two seasons is an achievement, I'm gutted we played woefully bad, and quite rightly as Mr Lansdown said the fans were let down, but now isnt the time.
I do hope you are joking.

Four seasons of failure by DW meaning that a 6th attempt is needed to get out of division two. Just look at TomF's thread showing how all those clubs have overtaken us in a short period of time.

Something at the club is seriously wrong and action needs to be taken now.

How long are you guys actually prepared to give DW to get it right for gods sake. Hes had 4 years and shown minor progress at great expense.

How long are you prepared to give him - 5 years ?, 6 ?, 7 ?.

I dread the thought of a 10 year Wilson 'Wonderland' !?!?

never been his fan and have said he should go if we didn't

go up, well we have not gone up but he won't get the sack

or resign so whats the point :grr::(

what's more mark magee has twice been snubbed by this

club when applying for the managers job here, he was also

told by alan dicks that he was no good and let go as a kid

here at the gate, boy i bet he is laughing at us today...

wilson look .. progress is, peter taylor, ian dowie, mark magee

wilson should go! he made his usual mistakes in team selections

and substitutions but in the biggest game of our season was

just unforgivable, i said in the stadium once i heard the team

called out, i looked at the gliders and said we'll lose this game.

brighton stuck 2 on rouger and woodman played far to deep

in his own half to anything on the left side. this then left miller

and roberts going to the flanks to get the ball and as usual once

they won the ball had no one to give it to upfront. our midfield won

a few balls but was non creative with it. tony rouger should have

started on the left with murray on the right with miller/lita taking

peacocks role, brighton were big lads at the back but sluggish on

the ground, pace would have killed hem off and we didn't do that.

the subbs bench was a joke, and the substitutions were even more

laughable, murray for miller? pushing rouger in the middle? well

that still didn't sort the left side out, so danny then thinks i'll do

wilkshire for tinns?? wilson has made to many mistakes, and

i still feel he will not take us anywhere, he has tried in four seasons

to get us up, look at ian dowie at crystal palace, now that is progress..

i have said for 3 seasons wilson will not take this club places and

i stand by it still. HE MUST DO THE RIGHT THING AND GO.

Guest comeonyoureds
never been his fan and have said he should go if we didn't

go up, well we have not gone up but he won't get the sack

or resign so whats the point :grr::(

what's more mark magee has twice been snubbed by this

club when applying for the managers job here, he was also

told by alan dicks that he was no good and let go as a kid

here at the gate, boy i bet he is laughing at us today...

wilson look .. progress is, peter taylor, ian dowie, mark magee

wilson should go! he made his usual mistakes in team selections

and substitutions but in the biggest game of our season was

just unforgivable, i said in the stadium once i heard the team

called out, i looked at the gliders and said we'll lose this game.

brighton stuck 2 on rouger and woodman played far to deep

in his own half to anything on the left side. this then left miller

and roberts going to the flanks to get the ball and as usual once

they won the ball had no one to give it to upfront. our midfield won

a few balls but was non creative with it. tony rouger should have

started on the left with murray on the right with miller/lita taking

peacocks role, brighton were big lads at the back but sluggish on

the ground, pace would have killed hem off and we didn't do that.

the subbs bench was a joke, and the substitutions were even more

laughable, murray for miller? pushing rouger in the middle? well

that still didn't sort the left side out, so danny then thinks i'll do

wilkshire for tinns?? wilson has made to many mistakes, and

i still feel he will not take us anywhere, he has tried in four seasons

to get us up, look at ian dowie at crystal palace, now that is progress..

i have said for 3 seasons wilson will not take this club places and

i stand by it still. HE MUST DO THE RIGHT THING AND GO.

pretty much exactly what i think!

he's got to go, but he wont walk away! look at the trouble sheff weds had to get rid of him!

In DW's defense and to balance out the arguement a little every year we have come closer to going up in spite of losing the top goalscorer for the last two seasons

And to go a whole season in 3rd place without getting a penalty does suggest we have been unlucky this year, have we scored any own goals either??

Just coming up with the reasons/excuses I assume DW will put to DW over the next week or so.

Personally I find it difficult to blame DW for yesterday, of the 11 players only Butler, Coles and Doherty and probably Phillips played to their potential, I think the rest especially those coming out of contract really let themselves and us down yesterday.

I think the following is how were all feeling today

:grr:

I do hope you are joking.

Four seasons of failure by DW meaning that a 6th attempt is needed to get out of division two. Just look at TomF's thread showing how all those clubs have overtaken us in a short period of time.

Something at the club is seriously wrong and action needs to be taken now.

I'm afriad I wasnt joking.

So say we bow to the pressure and sack Mr Wilson.

We appoint manager X.

We Lose Player Y (captain), Player Z (legend) and maybe a few others.

Next season with a lot less continuity we finish 4th, god forbid another Playoff disaster. Where do we go then?

Do we appoint Manager X1? Repeat process Ad Infinitum? Or is Manager X given another 3/4 seasons to get it right?

I understand the frustrations, and I havent forgotten the performance of yesterday or the tactics or the Players. I remember some good performances this season, some average ones, some ones where we did enough to win, and some where we were woeful. But under Mr Wilson we are still there or thereabouts, which I know isn't satisfactory. We all want to be in Division 1, heck even the Premiership. Sacking the manager who has failed to win promotion by the slightest margins in the past two seasons, based on one woeful performance by the players yesterday would do us more harm then good.

I understand the frustrations, and I havent forgotten the performance of yesterday or the tactics or the Players. I remember some good performances this season, some average ones, some ones where we did enough to win, and some where we were woeful. But under Mr Wilson we are still there or thereabouts, which I know isn't satisfactory. We all want to be in Division 1, heck even the Premiership. Sacking the manager who has failed to win promotion by the slightest margins in the past two seasons, based on one woeful performance by the players yesterday would do us more harm then good.
Would Rovers be in the position they are now if they had kept faith with Holloway after missing out on the play offs?

Their board bowed to "fan power" and after god knows how many managers find themselves in a far worse poition than when Holloway left.

Would Rovers be in the position they are now if they had kept faith with Holloway after missing out on the play offs?

Their board bowed to "fan power" and after god knows how many managers find themselves in a far worse poition than when Holloway left.

But DW has proved that he can't cut it.

Let's turn it around....

What's the point in keeping him? How can you say that it would miraculously get better next year?

If you want blind faith, there's always church on Sunday. Unfortunately we're dealing with the real world and DW has had four years to prove himself.

After a year of fiasco with:

- the right wing tango with him buying Central and left-footed midfielders

- Lee Peacock. nuff said.

- expensive signings not even making the bench

- an eternity to find a stable squad

- overly defensive formations (and I'm not just talking last Sunday here)

What's the positives for keeping him for next year other than fear of the unknown?

Clubs with significantly less resource have come past us time and time again. They've clearly been fortunate with having good managers.

What would you rather have - a future doomed to safe mediocrity, being a big player in an incresingly small pond as Coca Cola shift more the balance of cash into Division 1 or to risk it and go for broke?

Still the clubs Season Top Scorer......
Pls don't start squabbling over some minor bullet point - sorry if it's offensive, but that reeks of clutching at straws. What about the main questions:

What's the point in keeping him? How can you say that it would miraculously get better next year?

What's the positives for keeping him for next year other than fear of the unknown?

What would you rather have - a future doomed to safe mediocrity, being a big player in an incresingly small pond as Coca Cola shift more the balance of cash into Division 1 or to risk it and go for broke?

Cant believe this.

How fickle are we :wacko:

What total CR@P !!! :dunno:

35000 fans, the opportunity to go into the 1st Div, and attract those missing fans.And DW goes and blows it with a dreadful team selection & tactics that played straight into Brichtons hands.

Yep, not the right time to give him stick!!! :@

Wilson Out, for the following reasons:

Plus sides:

Er we finished third!!! Yay!! Again!!

We actually won a play off match..Yay..###### lucky it was too!!

Best defensive record in Div 2...wonderful, except we're STILL in Div 2!

Bigger Gates..er they aint going to be coming to Torquay, Donny, or Colchester are they??

Negative Points:

Highest amount of money spent in the Div.

Highest valued Bench or worse in the Div.

Failure to get out of what was the weakest Div 2 in years.

Constant use of players in wrong positions....all season!!

Baffling substitutions.........all season!!

Lovely Football, credit is due, but its no ######* good if it dont get goals...

Too many poor performances against the ###### sides..and very few really convincing ones at all!!

Sticking to the same players week in and out, regardless of form.

Destroying player confidence in at least 4 players.

Top goal scorers last season worst in top 10 sides.

Poor man management

He's living on his Barnsley track record alone..ask Wednesday fans!!

On this criteria, On this seasons performance, and our well known financial restraints, we'll be lucky to keep the team together, so its backwards we go!!

Enough time wasted, Wilson, just go will ya!!

Wilson Out, for the following reasons:

Plus sides:

Er we finished third!!! Yay!! Again!!

We actually won a play off match..Yay..###### lucky it was too!!

Best defensive record in Div 2...wonderful, except we're STILL in Div 2!

Bigger Gates..er they aint going to be coming to Torquay, Donny, or Colchester are they??

Negative Points:

Highest amount of money spent in the Div.

Highest valued Bench or worse in the Div.

Failure to get out of what was the weakest Div 2 in years.

Constant use of players in wrong positions....all season!!

Baffling substitutions.........all season!!

Lovely Football, credit is due, but its no ######* good if it dont get goals...

Too many poor performances against the ###### sides..and very few really convincing ones at all!!

Sticking to the same players week in and out, regardless of form.

Destroying player confidence in at least 4 players.

Top goal scorers last season worst in top 10 sides.

Poor man management

He's living on his Barnsley track record alone..ask Wednesday fans!!

On this criteria, On this seasons performance, and our well known financial restraints, we'll be lucky to keep the team together, so its backwards we go!!

Enough time wasted, Wilson, just go will ya!!

What was lucky about Weds result :wacko: excellent night out to be forever remembered how was that lucky :dunno: Millers post effort in Swindon that was unlucky that could of put us in the 1st division.Add to positive points more season tickets will be sold this season, we have an excellent board and some excellent young players coming through, and support 2004/2005 division 2 championship winners BRISTOL CITY :grr:

Pls don't start squabbling over some minor bullet point - sorry if it's offensive, but that reeks of clutching at straws. What about the main questions:

Sorry not offensive, I was just answering the point, in answering the others I would be saying things that others have done before. Anyway here goes.

Noone can predict the future, changing manager's could worsen the situation, we could end up going backwards. I can't say it would get miraculously better, that's football for you. Hopefully he would learn from the mistakes of this season.

Positives - you would shoot down any I provide but here I go anyway - continuity, consistency, we've played some good football under Danny at times (yes I know, sometimes pityfully woeful, yesterday was the worst I've ever seen), we still have a good squad which I believe still has faith in Danny. Yes he's spent money, yes he's been there for a while, and yes he hasnt got us promoted, but we are up there and challenging! We could easily get a manager and play a different style, kick and rush for example, would you be prepared to see Brighton style football (sorry Seagulls) in exchange for Division 1 status?

As for the risk question I would rather be safe then going all out go for broke, I wouldnt want the club to go all out for broke, and be broke, again!

I'm not clutching at straws, the fact this outcry has built up over a few seasons, Danny out comments have been made for two seasons now, but not many were happening during the 11 game run we had! We lost, we were beaten by a distinctively average side, and we lacked creativity and drive.

Had we just been relegated, or had had a season full of shocking performances AND results, mid table nothingness, no hope or future then I would say there was a time for a change. I'm frustrated by some of the tactics and the team selections, as lots of fans are, but I still believe we can do it. I just think this is an overinflated knee jerk reaction which we will spend the next few weeks arguing over :wacko:

What was lucky about Weds result :wacko: excellent night out to be forever remembered how was that lucky :dunno: Millers post effort in Swindon that was unlucky that could of put us in the 1st division.Add to positive points more season tickets will be sold this season, we have an excellent board and some excellent young players coming through, and support 2004/2005 division 2 championship winners BRISTOL CITY :grr:
In fairness glos, up until the last 10 minutes mate, the game was heading the way it did yesterday - lacking oppotunities. I wouldnt have called it Lucky though.

I'm with you all the way, and people will always look for the 2 points we dropped that would have sent us the other way.

I'm gutted, but its done now. Time for the future.

Archived