IGNORED

Don't Want To Have A Moan But..

Super

• Admin

There's a lot less to talk about during the Summer so traditionally we relax things a little in the main forum. Once the season starts this will revert to being mainly a City forum (with a bit of other football thrown in). As long as thread titles are clearly describing what the thread is about then it shouldn't be an issue.

Never understand City fans who have a 'Premier League Club'. The only reasons for supporting a club IMO is if you come from the area and/or your dad supports them (i.e. came from there himself)

How many times have I heard "Yeah, but I've supported Liverpool/United/Arnesal for 20 years". In other words started supporting them when then they were good...

I'm in trouble then - raised an Evertonian as a kid - because I grew up on Merseyside - moved to bristol after 20 years in London and thought my boy should support his local side - hence we have been City season ticket holders for about five years now.....the 'no other club rule' only works for people who never leave their home town...for those of us more travelled we end up with confusing loyalties....

I'm in trouble then - raised an Evertonian as a kid - because I grew up on Merseyside - moved to bristol after 20 years in London and thought my boy should support his local side - hence we have been City season ticket holders for about five years now.....the 'no other club rule' only works for people who never leave their home town...for those of us more travelled we end up with confusing loyalties....

I said the only excuse is if you come from there! You were raised in Merseyside so it's fine for you to have another club. I don't think anyone can suggest you are a glory hunter for supporting City and encouraging your son to support them too! I've moved all around the country (Nottingham, London, Manchester) and never even thought of adopting a PL team. Been to a few games to enjoy the football but never really cared who wins...

We use to have one and Tom changed it after a vote a few years back

Yep, 'City and other football related chat' or similar, was voted in by the majority, and the forum is better for it.

As Madger says things are further relaxed in the Summer, and what could be a quiet time for the forum is kept much more lively and interesting.

Yep, 'City and other football related chat' or similar, was voted in by the majority, and the forum is better for it.

As Madger says things are further relaxed in the Summer, and what could be a quiet time for the forum is kept much more lively and interesting.

Indeed and as a keen cricket fan I welcome that :)

I said the only excuse is if you come from there! You were raised in Merseyside so it's fine for you to have another club. I don't think anyone can suggest you are a glory hunter for supporting City and encouraging your son to support them too! I've moved all around the country (Nottingham, London, Manchester) and never even thought of adopting a PL team. Been to a few games to enjoy the football but never really cared who wins...

Well that's you then, it isn't me.

I follow City, Liverpool and like to see Spurs do well too. I also look out for Hereford, Cheltenham and any other local team to me. I'm not going to make an excuse for being who I am, it's not my problem you can't accept any other way.

I'm Bristol born and bred, and a City fan since I was knee high to a thing with very low knees.

I've lived in Cardiff, Reading, Southampton and Streatham and watched the local team, but it's never occurred to me to support anybody but the Robins. I'm baffled by people who feel they must also have a Prem team. After all, if you're not content with your local side, why not be a bit more ambitious and support Barca, Juve or Guangzhou Evergrande F.C.? There are probably no more foreigners in those sides than in your glamour Prem sides.

Is there any chance we can have a General Sport and other Football forum and just have one for City talk?? Seems to be more threads non City related than ever.

Its fine as it is. I have an idea for you:

If you see a post that is, for example, titled "England Cricket Team" then here is what I suggest you do. This might seem a bit extreme but give it a go. DON'T CLICK ON IT. Let your eyes wander down the page until you see one that is Bristol City related and click on that one instead.

Let me know how you get on.

I'm Bristol born and bred, and a City fan since I was knee high to a thing with very low knees.

I've lived in Cardiff, Reading, Southampton and Streatham and watched the local team, but it's never occurred to me to support anybody but the Robins. I'm baffled by people who feel they must also have a Prem team. After all, if you're not content with your local side, why not be a bit more ambitious and support Barca, Juve or Guangzhou Evergrande F.C.? There are probably no more foreigners in those sides than in your glamour Prem sides.

I know exactly what you mean. I spent sometime working in Bournemouth some years ago and I used to go along to Dean Court with a work mate ( Luther Blisset was playing for them way back then) but I never cared whether they won or lost. It was a few pints and an afternoon of live footie, nothing more.

There's a big difference between 'supporting' a club and 'liking' a club. I 'support City. I buy a season ticket, attend away matches although not as much as I used to and almost every day I check this site and the OS for news and so on. I also check the EP site and look out on local news for any City related coverage.

That said, I like Arsenal, Liverpool and have a soft spot for Exeter and Torquay but I don't support them in anyway.I watch the PL via the TV and most sunday afternoons I'll watch Skys match but that all.

Its fine as it is. I have an idea for you:

If you see a post that is, for example, titled "England Cricket Team" then here is what I suggest you do. This might seem a bit extreme but give it a go. DON'T CLICK ON IT. Let your eyes wander down the page until you see one that is Bristol City related and click on that one instead.

Let me know how you get on.

Wow...I works !! :ill:

Archived