IGNORED

Sexstone Interview

slartibartfast

The stadium is dead in the water...im convinced of it. I've said before, the fact the Judicial review was dropped, quickly followed by Colin "standing down"....and absolutely no announcement or news for what, 3 weeks now? for me....its plain for all to see.

I cannot believe the laws in 21st century, "skint" England has allowed a bunch of selfish individuals to exploit loop hole after loop hole and cost this City, not only the chance to earn millions and millions of pounds, not only the chance to provide lots and lots of jobs but has also cost this City a chance to actually catch up with other major Citys, like Cardiff, Manchester, Birmingham etc.

As for the sheer incompetence of our council.....well, thats another rant all together....

I think if it is then Steve L will have something else up his sleeve.

Like Leave?

i am sure he intimated as much, if the Stadium doesn't get the go ahead, maybe he cannot push the club forward as he would want, and he would look to give that responsibility to someone who could.

I am sure he said something similar to this about a year ago.

Like Leave?

i am sure he intimated as much, if the Stadium doesn't get the go ahead, maybe he cannot push the club forward as he would want, and he would look to give that responsibility to someone who could.

I am sure he said something similar to this about a year ago.

I was thinking more along the lines of a few £50 notes to bribe the necessary people, but knowing the shambles so far he probably has a never ending multi coloured hanky up there.

I think he did say something along those lines, but I hope he has seen enough enthusiasm from the majority to be encouraged to continue. Who can blame him if he didn't though.

I was thinking more along the lines of a few £50 notes to bribe the necessary people, but knowing the shambles so far he probably has a never ending multi coloured hanky up there.

I think he did say something along those lines, but I hope he has seen enough enthusiasm from the majority to be encouraged to continue. Who can blame him if he didn't though.

Well I hope he doesn't, he must have some sort of long term strategy to put his son in place on the board.

You can only imagine how many setbacks the guy can take, before he thinks, Eff it!

Maybe ColinS wanted to look elsewhere for a Stadium hence a different point of view and thats why he left the club?

Would think that with Keith Dawe still involved and Jon Lansdown and Guy Price settling in it probably occurred that they didn't need be be paying Colin S the £120/£130k plus overheads a year that they were. FFP and all that.

Would think that with Keith Dawe still involved and Jon Lansdown and Guy Price settling in it probably occurred that they didn't need be be paying Colin S the £120/£130k plus overheads a year that they were. FFP and all that.

This. And much more. CS was being paid a cracking wage and seeing him go will actually free up more money. I imagine he'll end up at the Rugby Club anyway to continue working for SL.

Perhaps someone could explain logically why the stadium is dead?

As I understand it there will be a new inquiry and a new decision, and this time the level of organisation of the nimbys won't be a surprise.

I don't get the negativity.

This. And much more. CS was being paid a cracking wage and seeing him go will actually free up more money. I imagine he'll end up at the Rugby Club anyway to continue working for SL.

he was on 120k a year I think it said as much in our finacal report last season (highest paid director £120k) which was after Lansdown had resigned

As I understand it there will be a new inquiry and a new decision, and this time the level of organisation of the nimbys won't be a surprise.

Because there is still some doubt that if the council pull out of the JR where we stand. Opposition think that's it over. Also the other party has to agree to the pull out.

Seems deathly quiet since.

The negativity arises as Colin Sextones interview is very disspirited, and he pretty much admits the chance for a new stadium at Ashton Vale is now in doubt.

Also on what basis are we assuming it goes back to square one?

The Evening Post and the Council have hinted as such, but both sources have been completely wrong throughout the case. You can read whatever law guide / extract you want and even though it looks watertight a judge seems to be able to make up their own mind entirely.

The nimbys and the independent solicitors who have talked to media regarding the case previously have quoted that this is now game over. We have been given incorrect information throughout this case, and unfortunately the nimbys seem to have a much higher grasp of what is going on than we seem to have.

The negativity arises as Colin Sextones interview is very disspirited, and he pretty much admits the chance for a new stadium at Ashton Vale is now in doubt.

Also on what basis are we assuming it goes back to square one?

The Evening Post and the Council have hinted as such, but both sources have been completely wrong throughout the case. You can read whatever law guide / extract you want and even though it looks watertight a judge seems to be able to make up their own mind entirely.

The nimbys and the independent solicitors who have talked to media regarding the case previously have quoted that this is now game over. We have been given incorrect information throughout this case, and unfortunately the nimbys seem to have a much higher grasp of what is going on that we seem to have.

but we want it to go back to stage one so we can go for all 48 acres

but we want it to go back to stage one so we can go for all 48 acres

Im not arguing we dont, Im just saying that how do we know we will get this option? the council have decided not to bother even defending their original descision, and the nimbys are claiming this is now game over & the land will be registered in its entirety

Id love not to believe them...but they have been correct with their bullish claims thus far...

Im not arguing we dont, Im just saying that how do we know we will get this option? the council have decided not to bother even defending their original descision, and the nimbys are claiming this is now game over & the land will be registered in its entirety

Id love not to believe them...but they have been correct with their bullish claims thus far...

This. As much as I like to believe the council, they've fucked up every step of the way. This would be a typical ending.

I think that back to square one for the TVG application is the best we can hope for - although we will still have planning permission, whatever that's worth.

Don't forget that the Council have already gone on record as saying that some of the land should be a village green. This JR was about whether or not they were right to split the land - and they've now withdrawn from the case, conceding that that shouldn't have split the site. Think there's a fair chance that the result of this maybe that the whole site gets to be a village green. My hope would be that the judge gives it back to the council to reconsider, but given that the council won't even be in the room to argue the case I think it unlikely.

I think that back to square one for the TVG application is the best we can hope for - although we will still have planning permission, whatever that's worth.

Don't forget that the Council have already gone on record as saying that some of the land should be a village green. This JR was about whether or not they were right to split the land - and they've now withdrawn from the case, conceding that that shouldn't have split the site. Think there's a fair chance that the result of this maybe that the whole site gets to be a village green. My hope would be that the judge gives it back to the council to reconsider, but given that the council won't even be in the room to argue the case I think it unlikely.

Don't play down the recent changes to TVG laws made by the govenment that were not inplace when the orginal apllication went in

Could someone tell those of us in work who can't listen in what was said?

It's just that toward the end of the interview he said that two years had been wasted on rebuilding AG and 5 years wasted on AV and he seemed to intimate (i may be wrong) that he might still be here IF AV was going ahead.

I'm sure others will shout me down if I've mis interpreted what he said .

I, too , am thinking it's over.

I don't see anything written or stated that it has to go back for another enquiry.

A statement would have been issued (by the landowner ie SL) by now ?

The decision on wether the land should be a TVG is one the council alone makes - although as we've seen it is challengeable to the high court. Thre council have said they won't spend public funds fighting this in court and have pulled out of the JR, leaving the way clear for the Judge to rule that the council acted incorrectly - which they did by registering a different boundary to the one discussed at the Public Rights of Way Meeting.

In order to make their original decision the council ordered an INDEPENDENT enquiry which recommended that under current law the land meets the criteria for TVG.

I don't see that the council can order a new enquiry - supposing a second one also found the land should be TVG? - do they order a 3rd or 4th until they get an outcome they like?

Basically the council have decided it's too difficult (expensive) to fight this - presumably because there are many more voters who don't like football or BCFC in Bristol than those who do. Without their support it's dead IMO.

SL must be hugely pissed off as before he bought the land he met the council and asked if - subjectt to planning permission - they would be support the redevelopment proposals at AV and they agreed and he went forward.

Now however politicians turn out to be liars and break promises - shock!

I think Sexstone was going anyway but the difference now is that he doesn't have to watch his comments (as a BCFC employee)and is giving his honest opinions and it does seem he thinks it's all slipping away - and no one has been closer to whats going than CS.

I believe we should end this now and buy the vacant Brabys site (it's for sale for £2M) - thus extending the AG site - giving room for conferencing hotel etc and look to develop AG into a 30k stadium something like West Brom as an example.

CR

They didn't pull out because of cost, they pulled out because they'd advised they'd lose and it would save money and time if it went back to stage one again.

They did this but the opposition now claim that they win. Who knows what the situation is but a statement would be welcomed even if its over.

I, too , am thinking it's over.

I don't see anything written or stated that it has to go back for another enquiry.

A statement would have been issued (by the landowner ie SL) by now ?

The decision on wether the land should be a TVG is one the council alone makes - although as we've seen it is challengeable to the high court. Thre council have said they won't spend public funds fighting this in court and have pulled out of the JR, leaving the way clear for the Judge to rule that the council acted incorrectly - which they did by registering a different boundary to the one discussed at the Public Rights of Way Meeting.

In order to make their original decision the council ordered an INDEPENDENT enquiry which recommended that under current law the land meets the criteria for TVG.

I don't see that the council can order a new enquiry - supposing a second one also found the land should be TVG? - do they order a 3rd or 4th until they get an outcome they like?

Basically the council have decided it's too difficult (expensive) to fight this - presumably because there are many more voters who don't like football or BCFC in Bristol than those who do. Without their support it's dead IMO.

SL must be hugely pissed off as before he bought the land he met the council and asked if - subjectt to planning permission - they would be support the redevelopment proposals at AV and they agreed and he went forward.

Now however politicians turn out to be liars and break promises - shock!

I think Sexstone was going anyway but the difference now is that he doesn't have to watch his comments (as a BCFC employee)and is giving his honest opinions and it does seem he thinks it's all slipping away - and no one has been closer to whats going than CS.

I believe we should end this now and buy the vacant Brabys site (it's for sale for £2M) - thus extending the AG site - giving room for conferencing hotel etc and look to develop AG into a 30k stadium something like West Brom as an example.

CR

I think Braby has already been Bought, and someone in there. I think Tomarse alluded to this somewhere else. You would need to buy out Midas as well otherewise you are going to be purchasing a weired, mostly useless bit of space

This. As much as I like to believe the council, they've ****** up every step of the way. This would be a typical ending.

So maybe SL is going to fight this one without the council, since they seem to be a hinderance rather than a help. He also said that he wanted to move the stadium issue away from the club so the club could concentrate on football matters.

I think the new board at the club are going to look at the first team and academy, both of which need attention, whilst SL is going to fight to be able to build whatever the hell he likes on his land - which will most likely still be a stadium. Last time he spoke he sounded very annoyed, and if I was him I'd be ignoring the council and getting the best legal minds money can buy to blow the NIMBYs out of the water. It might not be right that the rich can do what they like, but it often holds true and it could be to our advantage here.

Archived