IGNORED

Sexstone Interview

slartibartfast

Do it anyway, just type EDIT sorry misread what you said.

Gah, I just deleted what i was going to say, it was clever and witty too, but I backspaced and now its gone, its all gone! :angry:

Somthing along the lines of Blah blah.. clever little NI|MBYS, give them credit in using the law or whatever is at their disposal to draw out some years in the inevitable building of the Stadium.

What will they have achieved and at what cost? Cant understand why our GDP is shrinking like a bitch, China has not these problems. NIMBYS in China? I dont think so, burn them with fire usually.

Oh how lucky these NIMBYS are to live in such a backward country.

Gah, I just deleted what i was going to say, it was clever and witty too, but I backspaced and now its gone, its all gone! :angry:

What will they have achieved and at what cost? Cant understand why our GDP is shrinking like a bitch, China has not these problems. NIMBYS in China? I dont think so, burn them with fire usually.

Oh how lucky these NIMBYS are to live in such a backward country.

You would rather live in a dictatorship with no freedom of speech were people are killed for having an opinion than a democracy then? no thanks. On the other hand it is effing ridiculous that the nimbys have managed to stop the development using a loophole, which there is now new legislation to stop people doing so...even after they have admitted to just using it to stop the stadium! crazy

You would rather live in a dictatorship with no freedom of speech were people are killed for having an opinion than a democracy then? no thanks. On the other hand it is effing ridiculous that the nimbys have managed to stop the development using a loophole, which there is now new legislation to stop people doing so...even after they have admitted to just using it to stop the stadium! crazy

No, just hi-lighting how very different our cultures and laws are, yet we are supposed to play on an equal playing field when it comes to the economic markets, growth and profit are what we have become a slave to and China, India and Brazil are coming to **** us.

but never mind, the tadpoles and shrews are safe for another day, phew..

No, just hi-lighting how very different our cultures and laws are, yet we are supposed to play on an equal playing field when it comes to the economic markets, growth and profit are what we have become a slave to and China, India and Brazil are coming to **** us.

but never mind, the tadpoles and shrews are safe for another day, phew..

Fair comment. No doubt china are going to over take us. But thats down to corruption and mass production as they pay workers virtually nothing for what they do. Its a scary prospect that a country with such authoratarian views are quickly becoming the worlds super power- nimbys would have had their heads taken off a long time ago in China!

Fair comment. No doubt china are going to over take us. But thats down to corruption and mass production as they pay workers virtually nothing for what they do. Its a scary prospect that a country with such authoratarian views are quickly becoming the worlds super power- nimbys would have had their heads taken off a long time ago in China!

Dictatorship, corruption, paying workers peanuts, police state if you just add working til you drop you would have described the UK very well.

I have said this for a long time, the NIMBYs have 'contacts' in very high places.

They must have someone within BCC working for them as who would pick an Inspector who supports the green party ethos, for what is basically green party legisilation.

That person also leaked letters/documents before they were due to be released.

We know they have a Gashead lawyer supporting & giving them advice behind the scenes, we also know they have a devious, very clever & savy/street wise legal team & a PR guru that has well & truly stuffed us all the way through this sorry farce.

IMO, they have friends even higher, someone controlling it from London, the courts seem to believe everything the NIMBYs have claimed & yet totally dismiss everything our legal team say....it does seem that the courts have an agenda as well.

Perhaps the OTIB member who mentioned the Merchant Venturers were right, that would certainly explain the total dismissal of our case from the courts.

We have to accept that BCC have ****** up big time in all of this, the Lib Dems tried to please everyone and so went down the Inspector route when they didn't have to. They then said that they would accept the Inspectors decision...another own goal.

They then fail to ask Ross Crail to study the new evidence (that would have stopped the basis on this JR) & they then register the wrong piece of land at the PROW meeting......all blunders of the highest degree.

It seems that everyone (BCC/SL) is waiting for the judges decision at the JR hearing later this month, that is when we will know where we are.

What worries me, is that if what has been claimed by the NIMBYs is true, that there is a precident for this sort of TVG case to be awarded in total to the applicant, then we are in trouble.

BCAGFC

I have been trying to bring this to the attention of OTIB for a while now.

The pendulum may be swinging in the way Colin Sexstone suggested a few weeks ago leaving BCFC and the Lansdown's out on a limb.

The people who run BRFC and the people who run UWE may soon be indistinguishable.

Just consider the options available to the BRFC board when losses were about to overwhelm them and suddenly "out of the blue" they are offered a deal with the UWE and Sainsburys which will save their skins. Wouldn't it make sense for them to go along with the "great and good" of our wonderful city even if it meant ceding control ?

You mean "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" ?

I'd rather not.

Sorry I didn't explain it very well.

It made sense for Rovers to go along with the scheme put to them by the "great & good" if they were running out of money and really didn't have another choice.

That creates a Merchant Venturers / UWE / BRFC axis with the power to take over the leading football position from BCFC.

So Steve Lansdown is out on a limb with his erstwhile buddies transferring their allegiance and he is now left with ineffective leadership at the club and has been outmanouevred over Ashton Vale.

Which is why he needs to come back and take control.

Sorry I didn't explain it very well.

It made sense for Rovers to go along with the scheme put to them by the "great & good" if they were running out of money and really didn't have another choice.

That creates a Merchant Venturers / UWE / BRFC axis with the power to take over the leading football position from BCFC.

So Steve Lansdown is out on a limb with his erstwhile buddies transferring their allegiance and he is now left with ineffective leadership at the club and has been outmanouevred over Ashton Vale.

Which is why he needs to come back and take control.

I thought sl was a member of the mv?

I thought sl was a member of the mv?

Nope, nor Peter Hargreaves. 2 of the most successful businessmen in the area but both have been snubbed by the MVs.

Old Red Trousers has his feet under the table, as do John Laycock & Jonathan Webb......a lot of OBEs, MBEs, etc, etc on that list.

As for the scum taking over as Bristol's premier football club..........................NO CHANCE...............not even with a new athletics stadium.

BCAGFC

Nope, nor Peter Hargreaves. 2 of the most successful businessmen in the area but both have been snubbed by the MVs.

Old Red Trousers has his feet under the table, as do John Laycock & Jonathan Webb......a lot of OBEs, MBEs, etc, etc on that list.

As for the scum taking over as Bristol's premier football club..........................NO CHANCE...............not even with a new athletics stadium.

BCAGFC

Well bugger me, I thought you could pretty much buy your way into it if you had the money and interest of the city at heart.

Well bugger me, I thought you could pretty much buy your way into it if you had the money and interest of the city at heart.

You have to fit in with their 'plans/ethos/agenda', MVs love to take the credit for most things that happen in & around Bristol.

I was very surprised when I saw Old Red Trousers on the list though...............perhaps he gives them a %.

BCAGFC

You have to fit in with their 'plans/ethos/agenda', MVs love to take the credit for most things that happen in & around Bristol.

I was very surprised when I saw Old Red Trousers on the list though...............perhaps he gives them a %.

BCAGFC

Interesting, oh well, they channel enough cash into pretty good causes on the face of it, I guess they can pick and choose.

Easier to buy your way into Guernsey I guess!

Archived