IGNORED

Three Lions Vs Belgium Match Thread

Brizzle Jordan

Yes you do

Carrick Plays for Man Utd in the Prem Has also played for England

so surely he cannot be classed as crap

I don't think he is crap but I do think he is very average for the team he plays for and the fee he cost them. Doesn't get enough assists or goals.

The only time he looks like a good Manchester Utd player is when he is alongside Paul Scholes.

Would rather Carrick than Barry, Parker or Henderson tbh.

No way would I have him over Parker. Parker is our man to break up their play, close it down and put out fires. Carrick would be my preferred choice over Barry and Henderson though as they in my opinion are both miles from being good enough.

That was a snapshot of why Gerrard will be remembered as an average England international, for Liverpool he would have put his boot through both of those chances, in fact the first powder puff side foot was probably not even on target.

He has a tendency to side foot with his left foot and lace it with his right.

I don't think he is crap but I do think he is very average for the team he plays for and the fee he cost them. Doesn't get enough assists or goals.

Assists are a falacie,Carrick plays great balls to Man Utd's wingers who get the assist because they put the cross in for the likes of Rooney to score.

Take away the initial ball and you get no goal.

No way would I have him over Parker. Parker is our man to break up their play, close it down and put out fires. Carrick would be my preferred choice over Barry and Henderson though as they in my opinion are both miles from being good enough.

The problem is Parker works hard of that there is no doubt but he needs a Gerrard firing on all cylinders, which he hasn't got, which makes him look average because he is out of position because Gerrard gives the ball away so much and he is having to commit the odd unnecessary foul. Carrick at least has the ability to put his football on the ball and give Parker the opportunity to get into position.

Whatever happens we need to forget about him as an international after this tournament, we need to build around a fit Wilshire.

I think that is what will happen. This is the midfielder and wingers I would love to see. 3 ball players in the middle who are all technically gifted and 2 inside-forwards who play on the opposite side of their strongest foot to cut in and get shots in. Another option would be to to replace McEachran with a ball winner and put them in the middle and Wilshere on the left of the 3.

Cleverley Wilshere McEachran

Sturridge Oxlade-Chamberlain

Carrick isn't in the squad and Milner can play in a few positions.

Carrick said he doesn't want to be in the England set-up unless he will start. For that reason he should not even be considered.

If he said that he should **** off. Jumped up ass, hope he never gets near the squad again.

Not that he is good enough to be a international, which makes it even more laughable.

The problem is Parker works hard of that there is no doubt but he needs a Gerrard firing on all cylinders, which he hasn't got, which makes him look average because he is out of position because Gerrard gives the ball away so much and he is having to commit the odd unnecessary foul. Carrick at least has the ability to put his football on the ball and give Parker the opportunity to get into position.

Parker takes too many touches. he slows the game down unneccesarily and risks losing possession as he hasn't the vision to know what he has to do before he receives the ball.

Spot on, all I ever see Carrick do is pass the ball 5 yards to Scholes.

A football pitch is a pretty congested place, it is roughly 100mx 60m but for most of a game, all 20 outfield players are in a 60x60m area (that's if the full-backs and wingers are standing by the touchline). this means that you are never more than 10 m away from a teammate. there's nothing wrong with 5 yard passed that keep possession.

Cant have no complaints about England defensively. Look very sound and organised.

Is this the effect of Gary Neville?

Hodgson, its what he is very good at, organising and making the team defensively compact.

A football pitch is a pretty congested place, it is roughly 100mx 60m but for most of a game, all 20 outfield players are in a 60x60m area (that's if the full-backs and wingers are standing by the touchline). this means that you are never more than 10 m away from a teammate. there's nothing wrong with 5 yard passed that keep possession.

Exactly, try telling some on here that, or Steven Gerrard!

He hasn't passed it to an England player yet this half, he's had 4 goes!

This is true. Going forward is where we are going to struggle, still I would more than take 1-0 wins.

That is where we will struggle, if we concede 1 or 2 I'm not entirely sure how we will react. It's hard to suddenly change your mentality.

Exactly, try telling some on here that, or Steven Gerrard!

He hasn't passed it to an England player yet this half, he's had 4 goes!

Hollywood Gerrard! Been the same throughout his England career. Thinks he has to make things happen, also thinks he is better than he is. It is why we are poor, keep the ball, keep your hollwood balls for when you are 3or4 up

Archived