IGNORED

Bristol Green Capital

bs3

I see the Lib Dem sham of a council with the help of the little lap dog Nick Clegg are going for Green capital of Europe . It will bring no benefits what so ever to the ordinary people of this City .

Is this the real reason that they haven't back the new Stadium and other capital projects.

I don't necessarily see being the Green Capital of Europe would be that bad, would give local businesses a boost.

Explain one benefit and please explain how it would give any business in Bristol a boost?

Im just saying being the green capital is necessary a bad thing. True no one cares but it COULD attract more tourists, unlikely I know and business would have a chance, as slim as it may be to market themselves internationally. Who knows. I just cant see it as a negative, no matter now incompetent the Lib Dems etc have been regarding our new stadium.

Im just saying being the green capital is necessary a bad thing. True no one cares but it COULD attract more tourists, unlikely I know and business would have a chance, as slim as it may be to market themselves internationally. Who knows. I just cant see it as a negative, no matter now incompetent the Lib Dems etc have been regarding our new stadium.

If you don't mind me saying but you have put forward a very weak and flimsy argument in favour of this city becoming a green capital at the expense of private investment jobs and a fantistic new stadium .

Any wonder that nothing of substance gets built what another cycle city waste of time project typical Lib/Dem bullshit who gives a toss some prat cycling to Spain no doubt fully paid from some council funded slush fund, its just the same old non event scheme for car hating tree huggers to jerk off to.

I don't think being the greenest city would be a bad thing, but not at the expense of everything else as seems to be the case.

I'll quite happily be the second greenest city and lets have some proper facilities. Anyone visited our premier althletics venue at Whitchurch in this glorious olympic year?

I don't think being the greenest city would be a bad thing, but not at the expense of everything else as seems to be the case.

I'll quite happily be the second greenest city and lets have some proper facilities. Anyone visited our premier althletics venue at Whitchurch in this glorious olympic year?

Things have moved on.There is a new athletics track in Whitehall and the one at Filton has been upgraded to 8 lanes in a joint project with South Glos. The Kenyan Olympic team wouldn't be basing themselves in Bristol if Whitchurch was all we had to offer.

Things have moved on.There is a new athletics track in Whitehall and the one at Filton has been upgraded to 8 lanes in a joint project with South Glos. The Kenyan Olympic team wouldn't be basing themselves in Bristol if Whitchurch was all we had to offer.

Weeble i assume ur gas, green, employed by council or all of the above?

If you don't mind me saying but you have put forward a very weak and flimsy argument in favour of this city becoming a green capital at the expense of private investment jobs and a fantistic new stadium .

Presumably as we're in the final three against the Danish capital Copenhagen and Frankfurt, Germany's main financial centre, being the green capital and being successful are not meant to be mutually exclusive.

To suggest that a small number of people using village green legislation to their advantage, is somehow connected to the green captial of Europe title is frankly bizarre.

Weeble i assume ur gas, green, employed by council or all of the above?

Guilty as charged on the first one, not guilty on the second two. I take an interest in sporting facilities (or lack of) in Bristol and the new track happens to be on my old school playing field.

Make no mistake, the more our council bowcow to these minority groups and go down the avenue of supporting green party policies, just to get support. The more likely it is that we will win this sort of competition, ending up with more jobs in the environmental industry. Ending up with attracting even more of the politically motivated green thinking activists to our city, that are dictating council policy.

Cycle city, Sustrans, Transport for greater Bristol, The Soil association, Cycle bag. Any more?

Until we have a proper integrated transport system, moving the majority of people to where they want to go, at a reasonable cost, no amount of cycle lanes and traffic congestion inducing schemes will make this city truly green.

Watch out they are taking control.

Archived