IGNORED

Spain V Italy Match Thread

II Wurzel II

Torres was shocking from the second he came on to the second the ref blew for full-time.

He's not the same player he was for sure, he's not even having a bed spell.. he's just distinctly average.

I thought Torres did Ok. Buffon was lucky with his bungling tackling thing, Torres also wasn't far off with that nice chip.

The 6 in midfield thing- people criticise it but a number of false 9s can help. E.g. Roma under Spaletti it was very useful for them with Totti as the false 9, could even be argued Man Utd used it at times in 07/08- neither Rooney, Tevez nor Ronaldo were traditional strikers to say the least! Could argue that when Spain start with Villa as a lone striker, he pulls out to the left, drops off so often that it's a strikerless formation.

The future of football is with one up front AT MOST at the high levels. Arsenal with Van Persie, he can play as a false 9.

The 6 in midfield thing- people criticise it but a number of false 9s can help. E.g. Roma under Spaletti it was very useful for them with Totti as the false 9, could even be argued Man Utd used it at times in 07/08- neither Rooney, Tevez nor Ronaldo were traditional strikers to say the least! Could argue that when Spain start with Villa as a lone striker, he pulls out to the left, drops off so often that it's a strikerless formation.

The future of football is with one up front AT MOST at the high levels. Arsenal with Van Persie, he can play as a false 9.

Or even Hidgekuti (sp?) for Hungary back in the 1950s, according to everything I've read, didn't actually see him play.

If you have players in your team that can pass and move all day long I would agree, unfortunately here in England the 451/433 formation is ultra dull and negative because our players do not understand the concept or have the ability to play it.

It has become a revamp of the type of games the Italian league is/was famous for, a lot of huff and puff in midfield and a breakaway goal wins the game, it's so dull to watch when played in the championship for instance, although I will agree there are a few teams that can play it well in England, the vast majority of teams can't.

If you have players in your team that can pass and move all day long I would agree, unfortunately here in England the 451/433 formation is ultra dull and negative because our players do not understand the concept or have the ability to play it.

It has become a revamp of the type of games the Italian league is/was famous for, a lot of huff and puff in midfield and a breakaway goal wins the game, it's so dull to watch when played in the championship for instance, although I will agree there are a few teams that can play it well in England, the vast majority of teams can't.

Agreed.

Archived