IGNORED

Glasgow Rangers To Reboot

sephjnr

Learn from history, don't make the same mistakes and very important pay your taxes.

Oh I very much agree, all day long. I was screaming for Pompey to be thrown out of business, both times, because its worrying how nobody seems to have learnt from our plight in 82 and a wake up call is required. I feel for the fans, they are the ones that suffer, but something big needs to happen, a big club needs to go out of business for mentality to change.

I just thought after our reformation in 82, it is a bit rich to say Rangers now have no history!

I think it would be outrageous if they were allowed to walk straight back into the SPL. They would be barred from playing european football for 3 years anyway so tey may aswel start in the 3rd division and use their academy to try and get back to back promotions

Agreed, a message needs to be sent out.

9 pence in the pound is an insult to creditors, especially when within 24 hours or so they will probably sign Gatusso on 40k per week.

Oh I very much agree, all day long. I was screaming for Pompey to be thrown out of business, both times, because its worrying how nobody seems to have learnt from our plight in 82 and a wake up call is required. I feel for the fans, they are the ones that suffer, but something big needs to happen, a big club needs to go out of business for mentality to change.

I just thought after our reformation in 82, it is a bit rich to say Rangers now have no history!

30 years ago now, that is almost 2 generations ago and the world should have moved on, after all Germany is the biggest economy in europe now and I suspect even Poland doesn't expect an imminent invasion. Can't keep apologising for past misdeamours.

Blimey - Scottish League 3 teams will be financially secure for 10 years after 2 games against Rangers.

Rangers gone - who's next?

Coventry or Blackburn maybe?

Portsmouth would be my guess, albeit that the club will cease to exist at all in that instance.

Agreed, a message needs to be sent out.

9 pence in the pound is an insult to creditors, especially when within 24 hours or so they will probably sign Gatusso on 40k per week.

Agreed, but by Hmcr saying no, those creditors will now be getting

0 in the pound! How can Hmcr justify that? I guess us tax payers will be making up the shortfall.

Agreed, but by Hmcr saying no, those creditors will now be getting

0 in the pound! How can Hmcr justify that? I guess us tax payers will be making up the shortfall.

29% of the debt is owed to the HMRC which will increase to about 48% of the debt if rangers lose the tax dodging case thats how,

its £70 million pound of tax payers money that won't be paid as they are not a "footballing" creditor (if that rule applys in the SPL)

Vile club, getting their just rewards for their bigoted history

Living up here for last few years, believe me Rangers and Celtic are as bad as each other.

You are obviously from the Green side of the City.?

To use the words vile are shocking and disgusting.

I have sat in with both sets of fans when taking customers to games and the divide is equally bad on both sides.

It's more about Ireland and Britain rather than two historic football clubs.

Living up here for last few years, believe me Rangers and Celtic are as bad as each other.

You are obviously from the Green side of the City.?

To use the words vile are shocking and disgusting.

I have sat in with both sets of fans when taking customers to games and the divide is equally bad on both sides.

It's more about Ireland and Britain rather than two historic football clubs.

+1

I cannot take pleasure from any club going to the wall, whether it be Pompey or Coventry, Rangers or even Rovers. Forget the opportunists and accountants, the brown envelopes and agents, the ex managers who cannot read or write etc etc. The real lifeblood of any club, the diehard fans, the season ticket holders, the ones who trek mile after mile to away games, the various supporter's trusts/fanclubs/independant bodies etc raising funds for and because of their undying love, irrational as it sometimes is, for their football club(s). Their passion is punished.

Those plastic Premier League fans sat at home/in the pub/ anywhere but in the bloody grounds, in their replica shirts, truly believing that their Sky/ESPN subs make them genuine football supporters will never understand. Football is in an almighty mess because the players/agents/'Big Boys' are in it short-term, out to feather their nests without a care for the sport that made them or the fans who elevate them to their inflated status. It may take the loss of a handful of clubs to force football to wake up to itself, but I will take no pleasure in seeing that happen, because I remember 1982 and I would be devastated if it was City facing liquidation.

I cannot take pleasure from any club going to the wall, whether it be Pompey or Coventry, Rangers or even Rovers. Forget the opportunists and accountants, the brown envelopes and agents, the ex managers who cannot read or write etc etc. The real lifeblood of any club, the diehard fans, the season ticket holders, the ones who trek mile after mile to away games, the various supporter's trusts/fanclubs/independant bodies etc raising funds for and because of their undying love, irrational as it sometimes is, for their football club(s).

Those plastic Premier League fans sat at home/in the pub/ anywhere but in the bloody grounds, in their replica shirts, truly believing that their Sky/ESPN subs make them genuine football supporters will never understand. Football is in an almighty mess because the players/agents/'Big Boys' are in it short-term, out to feather their nests without a care for the sport that made them or the fans who elevate them to their inflated status. It may take the loss of a handful of clubs to force football to wake up to itself, but I will take no pleasure in seeing that happen, because I remember 1982 and I would be devastated if it was City facing liquidation.

Very well written and I totally agree.

However what sticks in my craw is that last week, one week before the deadline for the voluntary agreement, Gatusso and his agent have already been in talks with the club about signing for Rangers, i'm sure that he is not just coming for the iron bru and deep fried mars bars, I find this wrong and disrespectful, clubs should be forced to go with the players that they have and a few cheapies for at least a year until the club can prove that they can be run responsibly and I suspect the taxman might also feel that the club is taking the piss, after all they have lost enough from football clubs over the years.

Rangers will definately be straight back into SPL. All they need is agreement from a majority of the 11 other SPL clubs.

They'll all vote in favour as they can't take the financial hit in terms of gate receipts and TV money (which is effectively selling the rights to screen the Old Firm games).

Archived