IGNORED

Glasgow Rangers To Reboot

sephjnr

Living up here for last few years, believe me Rangers and Celtic are as bad as each other.

You are obviously from the Green side of the City.?

To use the words vile are shocking and disgusting.

I have sat in with both sets of fans when taking customers to games and the divide is equally bad on both sides.

It's more about Ireland and Britain rather than two historic football clubs.

Why should i be from the green side of the city just because i know the history of Glasgow Rangers, i've lived in Bristol all my life and never been any where near Glasgow, Rangers deserve no sympathy whatsoever, just like Pompey, my sympathies lie with the cleaners, tea-ladies, admin' staff at the club as well as the many small businesses that have been let down by the clubs mismanagement, what riles me as well is this "love-in" many city fans have with a club in a foreign country 300 miles away. You say the word vile is disgusting, personally what i find more disgusting is the assumption that i am disrespecting the war dead or am happy to sing about "bombing women and kids" just because i disagree with someone

Very well written and I totally agree.

However what sticks in my craw is that last week, one week before the deadline for the voluntary agreement, Gatusso and his agent have already been in talks with the club about signing for Rangers, i'm sure that he is not just coming for the iron bru and deep fried mars bars, I find this wrong and disrespectful, clubs should be forced to go with the players that they have and a few cheapies for at least a year until the club can prove that they can be run responsibly and I suspect the taxman might also feel that the club is taking the piss, after all they have lost enough from football clubs over the years.

Can't argue with that! The Gattuso scenario is in very poor taste. As has been said elsewhere, the prospect of a player beiing signed on a possible 40k+ a week when people are owed money is wrong.

Why should i be from the green side of the city just because i know the history of Glasgow Rangers, i've lived in Bristol all my life and never been any where near Glasgow, Rangers deserve no sympathy whatsoever, just like Pompey, my sympathies lie with the cleaners, tea-ladies, admin' staff at the club as well as the many small businesses that have been let down by the clubs mismanagement, what riles me as well is this "love-in" many city fans have with a club in a foreign country 300 miles away. You say the word vile is disgusting, personally what i find more disgusting is the assumption that i am disrespecting the war dead or am happy to sing about "bombing women and kids" just because i disagree with someone

I agree with most of what you say, so we are in agreement that Celtic are also a Vile club with a bigoted history also?.

Vile club, getting their just rewards for their bigoted history

What history is that then?Rangers were never formed as a sectarian club.Like Celtic and Hibernian were.Who formed for the Irish Catholics.And were only signing players from that faith.Rangers were around before Celtic.And it was only after Celtic doing what they did.The protestant community wanted there own team.And they picked Rangers,it could easily have been another team.Rangers started out off friendship between friends on Glasgow green.The club in its out set had nothing to do with religion.And through no fault off its own,got high jacked bye it.And later on down the years accepted it.The tag the fans had adorned on to them.Its funny how the clubs being judged,for something that was broken in the 80ties.How much time has moved on since then.Its a sad day for a lot off people.The new name should be Glasgow Rangers.As Glasgow is not in the title.

What history is that then?Rangers were never formed as a sectarian club.Like Celtic and Hibernian were.Who formed for the Irish Catholics.And were only signing players from that faith.Rangers were around before Celtic.And it was only after Celtic doing what they did.The protestant community wanted there own team.And they picked Rangers,it could easily have been another team.Rangers started out off friendship between friends on Glasgow green.The club in its out set had nothing to do with religion.And through no fault off its own,got high jacked bye it.And later on down the years accepted it.The tag the fans had adorned on to them.Its funny how the clubs being judged,for something that was broken in the 80ties.How much time has moved on since then.Its a sad day for a lot off people.The new name should be Glasgow Rangers.As Glasgow is not in the title.

I believe you posted exactly the same post a couple of months ago, let it go

Mate I really can't be bothered you have posted 8 times and at least 6 of them have been bollox.

you don't have to respond, only your opinion about my posts being bollox which is fair enough, it's all about opinions, as regards my number of posts another 5800 bollox posts and i'm up with you, i'll leave you to it anyway

I think we can all agree that certain significant elements of the support of Rangers are disgusting, terrorist-supporting scum and certain significant elements of the support of Celtic are disgusting terrorist-supporting scum. The difference here is that Celtic haven't screwed up to £90million out of the taxpayer

On the subject of plastic fans, The Old Firm are among the worst for it. There are thousands of Celtic and Rangers fans who only care when it's an old firm game and barely check results the rest of the time. I know several just like that

I see the newco are telling everyone that the players will be forced to sign for ranger12plc

This is not the case working for a company who use TUPE alot the players will only be transfered if they agree to the new contract on offer they can't be forced if they disagree they will become free agents,

to sum it up the new rangers have zero players on the books as it stands and will only take old staff and players if the old staff and players agree to their new terms and conditions

I have said it before on subject that it could be a brilliant blessing in disguise for all of the SPL teams other than Celtic (even them in fact). it will give almost every team a realistic chance of thinking they can make the top two.

It could free up a number of club acquisitions or new investment in players and breath new life into the league. That also means a trickle down effect. Only, of course, if Rangers are demoted... they are the only ones who will not benefit but of course thats the entire point.

Sorry I thought I read that Venky's were thinking of leaving and not subsidising players wages anymore.

Would be a mass clearout as they cannot pay that squad on their gates, let alone day to day costs.

I'm sure Venkys took over a fair bit of debt when they bought in.

Apologies if wrong.

Yes Venkys took on 21m debt but cleared that with the sale of Jones and Samba, by the time they sale players like Olsson and Hoillet and get there 40m ? prem money a year they should be pretty safe even with gates of 20k.

Archived