IGNORED

Jody Morris ?

Ryan_BCFC

Good enough for me too.

In fact, anyone Del wants to sign i'm happy with.

Marlon King, Luke McCormack, Joey Barton?

Regardless of ability, which I personally feel is lacking....but is clearly just my view.

He's not the sort of person I'd me happy about my kids cheering or any sort of role model, That is something that can't be denied.

Also yet another appointment from Scotland?

Marlon King, Luke McCormack, Joey Barton?

Regardless of ability, which I personally feel is lacking....but is clearly just my view.

He's not the sort of person I'd me happy about my kids cheering or any sort of role model, That is something that can't be denied.

Also yet another appointment from Scotland?

Well no, OK then. Not Marlon King, Luke McCormack, Joey Barton

But Del has worked with Morris for a number of years. Perhaps he is happy with him, maybe he has changed.

All i'm saying is I trust McInnes.

People saying he's just like barton king mcormack need to have a long think about it.. He has never raped, killed or assualted anyone so he cannot be named in the same bracket.. People who say we will not bring our kids to watch him can stay away because if your not going to support him we don't want you at the ground.. If people want a successful football team players like him are needed.. Next season everyone needs to be behind mcinnes,morris and all the boys..COYR

Why when he has leadership qualities and experience.The guy looks after himself,and is tough.Why would he not get the arm band?If he stays in the team?And I can see him doing that.He would never have turned down European football,to be a squad man down there.

Players don't walk in the door and become captain.

Players don't walk in the door and become captain.

They do all the time,when a team narrowly avoids relegation.And has a squad that is far to big.And has many players that think there big time Charlies.Morris is exactly the kind off player that is needed,to show them.Sometime you need to take a step backwards to go forward.Somebody who has scene it and done it at a higher level.Somebody your players can learn from his mistakes.

They do all the time,when a team narrowly avoids relegation.And has a squad that is far to big.And has many players that think there big time Charlies.Morris is exactly the kind off player that is needed,to show them.Sometime you need to take a step backwards to go forward.Somebody who has scene it and done it at a higher level.Somebody your players can learn from his mistakes.

except if we took the average points per game we were getting under McInnes but from the start of the season we would have been happily mid table more than likely, so for the reason of just avoiding relegation, there isn't the need for it.

In some cases a player does come in and become captain however when they're on a 1 year contract? Not exactly a long term plan is it, we will just be in the same situation next summer if Morris only plays for 1 season.

People saying he's just like barton king mcormack need to have a long think about it.. He has never raped, killed or assualted anyone so he cannot be named in the same bracket.. People who say we will not bring our kids to watch him can stay away because if your not going to support him we don't want you at the ground.. If people want a successful football team players like him are needed.. Next season everyone needs to be behind mcinnes,morris and all the boys..COYR

Had the same intent as McCormack, to drive home safely while drunk. He's no better of a person because he got lucky and didn't kill anyone. I couldn't support McCormack, I can't support Morris.

How on earth can you support one and not the other?

except if we took the average points per game we were getting under McInnes but from the start of the season we would have been happily mid table more than likely, so for the reason of just avoiding relegation, there isn't the need for it.

In some cases a player does come in and become captain however when they're on a 1 year contract? Not exactly a long term plan is it, we will just be in the same situation next summer if Morris only plays for 1 season.

Morris will be a coach after it.So making him captain in the team,makes perfect sense .As he will have authority over the same group off players afterwards.And Del was playing in the EPL for WBA at the same age as Morris.Seems like most off your fans,do not even know about your own managers carer

Morris will be a coach after it.So making him captain in the team,makes perfect sense .As he will have authority over the same group off players afterwards.And Del was playing in the EPL for WBA at the same age as Morris.Seems like most off your fans,do not even know about your own managers carer

Jody Morris is 33 McInnes was playing for Dundee when he was 33.

"11 July 2003Dundee United gave their supporters a triple boost today with the announcement that they have signed Owen Coyle and Collin Samuel from Falkirk and Derek McInnes from West Bromwich Albion.

"Derek McInnes completes the hat-trick of signings as the new Club Captain in a 3-year deal, having signed from West Bromwich Albion. Thirty-two year old McInnes is well known to Scottish football from his time with Rangers and Morton."

Seems like you don't know about it.

Scholes is still playing for Utd isn't he, its down to quality and fitness etc, can Morris cope with a championship schedule as its very demanding. It doesn't make perfect sense, Morris is only here on a 1 year contract, so to make someone captain for one season only is very short sighted and we will be in the position of needing a new captain at the start of the season after as well, and unless they plan on it being another new signing it will be someone from the current squad who could just as well be made captain this season.

No, they don't. He won't be captain here. You don't half talk nonsense.

Some of you are writing this signing off far too easily. Your team has obvious problems with professionalism and Del is trying to change that.

When Jody Morris came to Saints there was many posts like these about his past. There were doubters. So what did we get? A star.

Club captain, settled with a family, great with supporters, no problems on or off the pitch. He was clearly very well liked by the players and staff and was the heart and soul of the dressing room. We had a team that gave 100%, every game and he was part of that.

As a player Jody still has class. Almost never loses the ball and works his ass off to win it. Classy player who always played better against better teams. Always stood out against the old firm. Hes not that creative but he will likely sit a bit deeper than that and dictate play.

Frank Lampard said last season he could easily still cut it in the prem. Xavi said hes the hardest player hes ever played against. Morris isn't exactly a washed up has been. Hes a winner and if your not winning and not trying in his team you will know about it. Sounds to me thats exactly what you need.

I wouldn't imagine he was on big wages in Perth and there is no transfer fee involved. He is obviously a classy player and all remains to be seen is can he cut it at championship level now he is thirty three. I am willing to trust Del Boy who obviously thinks he can.

These players have worn the armband purely because they are local, long serving, or both.

None of them are leaders and worthy of being Captain in that sense.

Morris is clearly the sort of inspirational character who can lead by example and get maximum effort out of his team mates.

We've desperately lacked this type of 'nasty', win at all costs player for many years so it would be a big surprise if he isn't the Captain.

Carey is a leader. Many ex players have said he is the best captain they have played under

No, they don't. He won't be captain here. You don't half talk nonsense.

Plenty of Player move to a club and become Captains straight away. I give you McInnes.

That said I don't think Morris will here

I trust Del's judgement he hasn't really made a bad signing he's free I doubt his wages are expensive and I personally think he's more of a bench warmer like carey then a starter,

I bet he's come down on cheap wages and we put him through his coaching badges

Some of you are writing this signing off far too easily. Your team has obvious problems with professionalism and Del is trying to change that.

When Jody Morris came to Saints there was many posts like these about his past. There were doubters. So what did we get? A star.

Club captain, settled with a family, great with supporters, no problems on or off the pitch. He was clearly very well liked by the players and staff and was the heart and soul of the dressing room. We had a team that gave 100%, every game and he was part of that.

As a player Jody still has class. Almost never loses the ball and works his ass off to win it. Classy player who always played better against better teams. Always stood out against the old firm. Hes not that creative but he will likely sit a bit deeper than that and dictate play.

Frank Lampard said last season he could easily still cut it in the prem. Xavi said hes the hardest player hes ever played against. Morris isn't exactly a washed up has been. Hes a winner and if your not winning and not trying in his team you will know about it. Sounds to me thats exactly what you need.

This is the last post I'm going to read and take note of, a well informed positive post about a new player of ours from someone who has clearly seen him play more than us.

Archived