IGNORED

Jody Morris ?

Ryan_BCFC

And Foster never set the SPL alight.Why do you think Rangers never made his move permo?Clarkson scored around 40 goals in his whole carer up here.And started plenty off games,his strike rate was average at best up here.The only person that thought he was any good was Craig Burley.Who capped him out off sympathy no doubt for what happened to his Uncle.He did score a nice goal against Czeck Rep though.

But the point is, we haven't had much success with players from the SPL.

Maybe it was due to bad signings however this is why we doubt players from the SPL.

Is that not fair enough? We can only judge who we see week in week out, and for us they haven't been great.

Got it in one!

Absolute no mark , very, very average career, obnoxious lout doesn't come close.

This absolutely demonstrates the depth to which we've sunk.

Lucky to stay up, a manager who far from set the world alight &, Steve L, little more than dereliction of leadership on your part.

For those who've taken delight in rightfully winding up the scumbag King, what's your choice of tune now boys?

I didn't renew my season tickets to be assaulted by this insult. Steve L , for those of us who find this signing morally reprehensible can we get our money back? If I want to watch Xenophobia, thuggery, racism & misogyny each Saturday I can do so at Belmarsh & save myself a 240 mile round trip to boot. Chances are Morris once turned out for them.

The remnants of 'management' at Ashton Gate should hang their heads in shame.

(sent from a pub in Glasgow where, if you've ever doubted that Scottish football is little more than a glorified pub league tonight's reports of the Rangers fiasco & the way in which the SFA will prostitute themselves to such an extent that dignity is as prevalent as the Dodo, you might allay your doubts.)

An utter disgrace.

As I understand it the sexual assault case case against Morris was dropped, whereas Marlon King was convicted and served a term in prison. Other than that he has various motoring offences to his name for which he should be suitably ashamed, but again nothing serious enough to merit custody. Maybe Jody Morris hasn't got an umblemished past but his last offence was 6/7 years ago and maybe he's grown up a bit and is now a decent guy. If MacInnes, who knows him well, seems to think rate and trust him then the least we could do is give the guy a go.

Comparing him to Marlon King is a serious and unfair overreaction if you've taken trouble to read the records. Incidentally, we've had worse before - I'm sure we can all remember that proud day when three, yes three, of our players were actually jailed - so I'm not sure that we had the moral high ground even before today.

Got it in one!

Absolute no mark , very, very average career, obnoxious lout doesn't come close.

This absolutely demonstrates the depth to which we've sunk.

Lucky to stay up, a manager who far from set the world alight &, Steve L, little more than dereliction of leadership on your part.

For those who've taken delight in rightfully winding up the scumbag King, what's your choice of tune now boys?

I didn't renew my season tickets to be assaulted by this insult. Steve L , for those of us who find this signing morally reprehensible can we get our money back? If I want to watch Xenophobia, thuggery, racism & misogyny each Saturday I can do so at Belmarsh & save myself a 240 mile round trip to boot. Chances are Morris once turned out for them.

The remnants of 'management' at Ashton Gate should hang their heads in shame.

(sent from a pub in Glasgow where, if you've ever doubted that Scottish football is little more than a glorified pub league tonight's reports of the Rangers fiasco & the way in which the SFA will prostitute themselves to such an extent that dignity is as prevalent as the Dodo, you might allay your doubts.)

An utter disgrace.

Other fans coming on to our boards seeing posts like this must make their day!! It's truly laughable, you'd think the world was about to end!! What's the problem with this? It's a one year deal and a FREE transfer, he knows Del very well and is highly thought of by Mcinnes. He sounds like a real leader on and off the pitch which is something that we have been lacking. Another thing which has been pointed out by most saints fans, is that he keeps the ball! Something that we have needed over the past few years. I personally think this is a good short term signing

Just a hypothetical question fellow forumites: would those of you who are happy with signing a 33 yr old midfielder from a mid-table SPL side on a freebie have been quite so content had he been signed not by Del and Doc but by Keith Millen? A lot of this 'In Del we trust' talk is well and good, but I genuinely believe that if Milly had pulled thus one out of the bag a year ago, he would have faced universal condemnation. Just a thought.........

Just a hypothetical question fellow forumites: would those of you who are happy with signing a 33 yr old midfielder from a mid-table SPL side on a freebie have been quite so content had he been signed not by Del and Doc but by Keith Millen? A lot of this 'In Del we trust' talk is well and good, but I genuinely believe that if Milly had pulled thus one out of the bag a year ago, he would have faced universal condemnation. Just a thought.........

Very good question

Also there is a lot of criticism of Millen who gave his players new deals I.E Carey, Ribs etc. Lots of comments of "protecting his own".

Isn't Del doing the same?

But the point is, we haven't had much success with players from the SPL.

Maybe it was due to bad signings however this is why we doubt players from the SPL.

Is that not fair enough? We can only judge who we see week in week out, and for us they haven't been great.

CLARKSON 219 Motherwell starts 48 goals.What are you talking about,he was poor up here.And that is why none off our teams want him again even on loan.PEARSON,MCMANUS have also played up here.And none off you seem to doubt them.So did Fountaine,who got found out at Kilmarnock

But Milly wouldn't of, as he had never managed at another club, to know what the that player was like to manage.

Now if Del had just signed him from any other club.... Might be different. But he knows the bloke inside out.... unlike us

You're probably right , but Millen wasn't his manager for 4 years. Del obviously knows him well and trusts him to do a job. After all , it's Del's head on the block if it all goes tittius uppius.

CLARKSON 219 Motherwell starts 48 goals.What are you talking about,he was poor up here.And that is why none off our teams want him again even on loan.PEARSON,MCMANUS have also played up here.And none off you seem to doubt them.So did Fountaine,who got found out at Kilmarnock

Do you ever read what people post?? or do you just like to go of on a a general Scottish rant every time?

I'd be interested to know, because as far as I can tell you can understand English. But instead of replying, you fire off a load of name in some apparent attempt to prove some unknown point!

Clarkson was Motherwell player of the season the year we signed him and was 4th top scorer with 13 goals that season. FACT.

Pearson has been on and off here, mostly good. Many people have doubted him here. McManus was good in the little number of games.

What people do doubt about Pearson and McManus is if they are so great, why were they released by both of their clubs.

My point is, more players we have had from the SPL have been poor signers, that is why we doubt players from there.

As I understand it the sexual assault case case against Morris was dropped, whereas Marlon King was convicted and served a term in prison. Other than that he has various motoring offences to his name for which he should be suitably ashamed, but again nothing serious enough to merit custody. Maybe Jody Morris hasn't got an umblemished past but his last offence was 6/7 years ago and maybe he's grown up a bit and is now a decent guy. If MacInnes, who knows him well, seems to think rate and trust him then the least we could do is give the guy a go.

Comparing him to Marlon King is a serious and unfair overreaction if you've taken trouble to read the records. Incidentally, we've had worse before - I'm sure we can all remember that proud day when three, yes three, of our players were actually jailed - so I'm not sure that we had the moral high ground even before today.

I worked for twenty odd years in the Fourth Estate & live in South London, so have a good understanding if what type of creature Morris is. Many of my mates are Wall fans who tell a good story. Of course it wasn't just the single sex charge & his defence, statements & justifications at the time clearly demonstrate his 'attitude' toward women, irrespective of whether or not convicted. Frankly, if you'd allow his presence near any of your female friends or relatives that says more about you than you might wish. He's also not welcome in the States, in case you'd forgotten. If we've had rogues in the past all the more reason to avoid scum of this sort. Ever considered the reason he may have been quiet over the past few years maybe something to do with the ethnic diversity in Perth?

Yeah but Millen would have probably played him wide left.

and much of trust was earned from keeping us up after Millen's disastrous start to the season.

This.

I am still not happy with our Manager, he won't be here long.

We need a manager with good contacts from the Premier League. A few experience players, some of our own academy players and maybe some youngsters like Millen was getting in, Rose and Faulkner. Millen was obviously building a relationship with Spurs, if he or another manager could have built a relationship with 3 or 4 Premier clubs this would have been ideal.

McInnes, Johnson and others can / could only attract players from lower leagues / levels

I am still not happy with our Manager, he won't be here long.

We need a manager with good contacts from the Premier League. A few experience players, some of our own academy players and maybe some youngsters like Millen was getting in, Rose and Faulkner. Millen was obviously building a relationship with Spurs, if he or another manager could have built a relationship with 3 or 4 Premier clubs this would have been ideal.

McInnes, Johnson and others can / could only attract players from lower leagues / levels

of course all of the prem players we have signed recently either permanently or loan have all been such an amazing success and all of the players we have signed from lower leagues have all failed haven't they.

PS whose Faulkner.

I worked for twenty odd years in the Fourth Estate & live in South London, so have a good understanding if what type of creature Morris is. Many of my mates are Wall fans who tell a good story. Of course it wasn't just the single sex charge & his defence, statements & justifications at the time clearly demonstrate his 'attitude' toward women, irrespective of whether or not convicted. Frankly, if you'd allow his presence near any of your female friends or relatives that says more about you than you might wish. He's also not welcome in the States, in case you'd forgotten. If we've had rogues in the past all the more reason to avoid scum of this sort. Ever considered the reason he may have been quiet over the past few years maybe something to do with the ethnic diversity in Perth?

We could do with a horrible bastard! Anyway all I care about is his feet on the pitch, I don't see why his past matters. Get over it!

Pearson and McManus have played for the top Scottish Clubs and proven then self since in the championship, not an aged journeyman from some tin pot Scottish club who are of similar stature to Brentford

Fontaine was found out? He was a teenager on loan from a premier league club who played 3 games.

Pratt.

We could do with a horrible bastard! Anyway all I care about is his feet on the pitch, I don't see why his past matters. Get over it!

Exactly Lew.

Everyone has a past and he clearly didn't cause Del any trouble during his time there. I will judge him purely on what he brings to us on the pitch.

Archived