IGNORED

Sweden Vs England Match Thread

Brizzle Jordan

I'd much rather see another game like that than a continental bore fest of pass sideways backwards forwards and sideways. It wont win a tournament (nothing new here) but it's a thousand times more exciting. It's the english football style that I like, long may it last.

My main critiscism of that fine result is the free kicks. England's best players just boot them and hope whilst Sweden worked theirs to other players as shown by their equaliser.

Otherwise England displayed great spirit with the heads not dropping.

My main critiscism of that fine result is the free kicks. England's best players just boot them and hope whilst Sweden worked theirs to other players as shown by their equaliser.

Otherwise England displayed great spirit with the heads not dropping.

I'd watch that equaliser again mate. The ball came back off the wall and Ibrahimovic tried a volley which skewed off the side of his foot and straight to Mellburg. It certanly wasn't worked to him , luck on their part , a complete mess on ours.

We showed spirit, we fought to the end and 2 excellent goals. Defence was not great, quality on either side overall was not great but it was a game of great excitement and refreshingly good England display I thought. Ukraome surely won't be easy- last night was still must win I thought and win we did. Draw and we'd have been in serious danger of elimination.

Congrats to the win. Here in Sweden the talks is about our defence. We have conceded 5 goals in 2 games. In history we have always had a good defence. 3 of our conceded goals where from head, says it all. The keygame for us was vs Ukraina, we where awful and lost. In the England game the gaffer had changed a lot and it did not work. Imo the gaffer should have chosen the payers that have routin in the opening game, but he didnt an all went wrong. Englands first goal was no communication in the Swedish defence, the third goal from England was class. Good luck to You in the tournament. Here in Sweden we all have a bad hangover.

I'd watch that equaliser again mate. The ball came back off the wall and Ibrahimovic tried a volley which skewed off the side of his foot and straight to Mellburg. It certanly wasn't worked to him , luck on their part , a complete mess on ours.

That was part of the master plan, them Swedes knew what they were doing all the time :surrender: :

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4377549/Spy-snooping-on-England-Euros-tactics-exposed.html

Archived