IGNORED

Student Prices

Robin101

I have bad news for you: fantastic jobs pay much, much more than £30,000. The repayment schedule is calculated to accelerate as a graduates career and earnings accelerate and eventaully clear the debt over a period as much as 25 years. Your 90% assertion is just plain wrong and you still have not justified is a 'fact'.

Oh deary, deary me, I have some even more bad news for you, very very few students leave university and get jobs that even meet the average salary.

I'll let you contine dreaming that most will be being paid fantastic wages, and end up in brilliant jobs, perhaps it's dreamers like you that make them feel they have to go to University in the first place. It's sounds like a party political broadcast from the Labour party 15 years ago.

Dream on mate, in fact wages are on the slide as a rule.

I want to laugh at your statement but it's quite horrid to read. You'll be encouraging more people to go to University and end up with dead end degrees stacking shelfs.

I have bad news for you: fantastic jobs pay much, much more than £30,000. The repayment schedule is calculated to accelerate as a graduates career and earnings accelerate and eventaully clear the debt over a period as much as 25 years. Your 90% assertion is just plain wrong and you still have not justified is a 'fact'.

I think the 90% is probably a little exaggerated, but we know for sure that it is extremely unlikely that a majority of students will have to repay all their loan. Also, it has been proved (by Martin Lewis of Moneysavingexpert.com) that students are likely to repay the same amount of money if the student fee is anything between £7,500 and £9,000. This makes a complete mockery of the government's efforts to force Universities to charge lower fees - at the end of the day it doesn't matter to the student at all, but I'm not sure how many realise this.

Oh deary, deary me, I have some even more bad news for you, very very few students leave university and get jobs that even meet the average salary.

I'll let you contine dreaming that most will be being paid fantastic wages, and end up in brilliant jobs, perhaps it's dreamers like you that make them feel they have to go to University in the first place. It's sounds like a party political broadcast from the Labour party 15 years ago.

I want to laugh at your statement but it's quite horrid to read. You'll be encouraging more people to go to University and end up with dead end degrees stacking shelfs.

I agree completely, there are too many degrees on offer that wont actually give much of a benefit in the job market. A decent degree from a good university still will though. However, all through school, college etc noone ever mentions about the possibility of apprenticeships or learning a trade as a valid route to go down. It's pretty much all about A levels then moving on to university and if you don't want to do that you may as well give up now.

I agree completely, there are too many degrees on offer that wont actually give much of a benefit in the job market. A decent degree from a good university still will though. However, all through school, college etc noone ever mentions about the possibility of apprenticeships or learning a trade as a valid route to go down. It's pretty much all about A levels then moving on to university and if you don't want to do that you may as well give up now.

All degree's help in the job market. If you have a degree and someone doesn't you have an advantage, whatever that degree is. Degree's shows you actually studied for 3 years and didn't give up etc.

Apprenticeships are always mentioned in school but the problem is not many companies are offering them and maybe top students are taking them now.

A degree isn't just about the job market. Higher Education also provides the opportunity for young people to develop intellectually by providing three years' further study, and, whether people like it or not, every society needs its share of people with the intellectual capacity to lead, and to help build a fairer more just society. Not all successful business people study business at University.

Encouraging people to go to Uni? How horrid of me. Yes, as a graduate myself, with a wife that went to Uni, two children and many friends and colleagues who have also been through the process I would recommend it as not only a good life experience but also one that leads to greater career and earning opportunities. (Read UK Workforce Studies if you don't believe me). As a result most will achieve greater incomes over their careers and not just the starting salaries that you seem to fixated with. Although most will end up repaying in full there will be some that don't, but to suggest that number is 50% is mad never mind 90%.

If you have chosen or are not able not to go down that route then fair enough that's your choice and you may be right for you. What we may agree on is that there are some degress that seem unlikely to lead to good salaries. Personally I blame the idiot Blair for his 50% target (which hasn't been nearly achieved) and although that has resulted is some poor value courses by and large they are over stated in tabloids. What I know for a fact is that most of the people I see getting on in commercial and professional organisations are graduates. Deny it if it makes you feel better, but that doesn't mean it's not true.

All degree's help in the job market. If you have a degree and someone doesn't you have an advantage, whatever that degree is. Degree's shows you actually studied for 3 years and didn't give up etc.

Apprenticeships are always mentioned in school but the problem is not many companies are offering them and maybe top students are taking them now.

I fnished my a levels two years ago, not a single mention of any avenue to go down other than degrees in the entire time I was doing GCSEs, A levels etc. Personally I wanted to go to uni and have to complete a degree before I can do the career I wanted. A fair few of my friends wanted to learn trades rather than do a degree and recieved no help whatsoever researching how to go about it.

A degree isn't just about the job market. Higher Education also provides the opportunity for young people to develop intellectually by providing three years' further study, and, whether people like it or not, every society needs its share of people with the intellectual capacity to lead, and to help build a fairer more just society. Not all successful business people study business at University.

While I agree that it does develop people intellectually, not everybody can be a leader. While it isn't just about the job market, I would seriously worry if my fees were 9k a year with a usual 4k a year accomodation on top plus living expenses without knowing with certainty that it would provide a job at the end of it.

I fnished my a levels two years ago, not a single mention of any avenue to go down other than degrees in the entire time I was doing GCSEs, A levels etc. Personally I wanted to go to uni and have to complete a degree before I can do the career I wanted. A fair few of my friends wanted to learn trades rather than do a degree and recieved no help whatsoever researching how to go about it.

Says more about your old school IMO.

Most schools talk about apprenticeships now.

Archived