IGNORED

Neil Alexander - Rangers Reserve Keeper......?

Bar BS3

In the Divison Two play-offs of 02/03 at Ashton Gate, Alexander single handedly kept Cardiff in that game. Remember a save from Tinnion inparticular that was world class. Not seen him play for a while though now, so couldn't comment on if he would be a good signing now but he was a good keeper a few years back. Would he be better than Gerken though?

Templeton is not as good as you think . mackay-steven or johnny russell , maybe mcgowan are the best young talents , murray davidson isnt good enough yet either . what is that **** jock all about ? You give scottish folk a bad name so **** right off you **** .

Why?,about me giving Scots a bad name.And about Davidson not being good enough.Give me a weakness in his game please.

Templeton is not as good as you think . mackay-steven or johnny russell , maybe mcgowan are the best young talents , murray davidson isnt good enough yet either . what is that **** jock all about ? You give scottish folk a bad name so **** right off you **** .

To be fair, you're the one on this thread who looks like a top class penile with a post like this. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Dixon, and Templeton.. Maybe Alexander.. No way to the other two...

I'd agree with that - I really think Del should be scouring the English leagues for more inspired signings than Sandaza and Broadfoot.

No problem with our fair share, and maybe more, of our signings coming from Scotland but if they ALL do then it'll be disappointing. In that case you'd have to think Del had little knowledge of talent elsewhere, and a lack of contacts throughout the lower divisions as well as Europe.

I'm looking for at least one Albert type lower division improver, and one Caulkeresque PL youngster on a season long loan - and if that is at the expense of the likes of Sandaza and Broadfoot, so much the better.

I'd agree with that - I really think Del should be scouring the English leagues for more inspired signings than Sandaza and Broadfoot.

No problem with our fair share, and maybe more, of our signings coming from Scotland but if they ALL do then it'll be disappointing. In that case you'd have to think Del had little knowledge of talent elsewhere, and a lack of contacts throughout the lower divisions as well as Europe.

I'm looking for at least one Albert type lower division improver, and one Caulkeresque PL youngster on a season long loan - and if that is at the expense of the likes of Sandaza and Broadfoot, so much the better.

Be careful what you wish for Noggers. What might look like a Caulkeresque PL youngster could turn out to be another McGivern or Rose.

FOR GOD SAKE DEREK MAKE SOME SIGNINGS WE ARE ALL BORED STUPID AS THIS THREAD SHOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep , summer is officially dragging !! But I think DMc is on his hollibobs so we might have to wait a bit longer :fastasleep:

Be careful what you wish for Noggers. What might look like a Caulkeresque PL youngster could turn out to be another McGivern or Rose.

Yes and look at him now He's done awful at spurs with 20 appearances to his name for spurs this season. As much as I want our own academy to work if there is not current young and up coming players , much rather see a exciting prospect then journeymen.

True glyn, but those loan signings just showed our desperation for left sided players. At least Keith eventually went the whole hog with Woolford to sort it our permanently. (whistle, slap head) Actually he's shown signs he may yet come good.

Millen never played Rose in his best position to be fair (despite repeated promptings on here) and both he and McGivern had good games for City as well as poor ones.

If one poster on here is to be believed McGivern is on his way back anyway.

Presumably that would mean Del sees him as fundamentally 'the right type' and someone he feels he can make more consistent.

Dont get me wrong , I'm not adverse to bringing in young PL talent , my worry is if they dont perform to a regular high standard , we are under some obligation to still give them games.

I suppose the trouble is , Caulker was so good , nobody else quite matches up.

Millen never played Rose in his best position to be fair (despite repeated promptings on here) and both he and McGivern had good games for City as well as poor ones.

Hillarious!!

Putting aside any strenghs and weakness' than KM may have had as a manager, the day that a manager of any football club, let alone Bristol City, picks a team, formation or substitutions based on the inane ramblings on an internet forum, will be the day that we may aswell pack up, go home and all start watching Rugby or some other shite!

Dont get me wrong , I'm not adverse to bringing in young PL talent , my worry is if they dont perform to a regular high standard , we are under some obligation to still give them games.

I suppose the trouble is , Caulker was so good , nobody else quite matches up.

Yep, we struck gold with Caulker and he was obviously a one off.

Would we have signed him if he hadn't just had a successful season nearby at Yeovil?

Very unlikely.

At least Del has some PL contacts at West Brom now that the Bolton link has presumably been closed as regards loans.

I was trying to think who managed Del at WBA - Gary Megson? - and whether any of his former managers or team mates now hold positions in the top league?

It seems he played the majority of his football under McGraw at Morton, then Smith , Advocaat, and McLeish at Rangers, followed by Spackman, Megson and Coyle.

Archived