IGNORED

Spain Vs France Match Thread

myol'man

Germany look like adding more silverware to their collection,the French attitude was awful no fight or passion looked like they were having a friendly match must be a latin thing if you like slow pitty pat football . Germany excite and score cracking goals have a squad with back up in most positions can't see England getting past them if they beat Italy ????

Last night was just another boring performance from Spain.

What would you actually like them to do??

International football is all about keeping the ball.

France were to scared to make it an open game, not Spain.

If you don't like International football turn your tv off for a few days,

The last team to play winning flamboyant open football at this level were probably Brazil. That was in 1970, so get used to it.

What would you actually like them to do??

International football is all about keeping the ball.

France were to scared to make it an open game, not Spain.

If you don't like International football turn your tv off for a few days,

The last team to play winning flamboyant open football at this level were probably Brazil. That was in 1970, so get used to it.

Funny that because Germany are much more exciting to watch. They play at a higher tempo than Spain and get the ball forward faster.

I hope Portugal knock Spain out.

Funny that because Germany are much more exciting to watch. They play at a higher tempo than Spain and get the ball forward faster.

Germany are also likely to concede goals and played Greece not France.

Spain are World and European Champions for a reason,Germany aren't for the same reason.

Didn't Germany stuff us 2 years ago? Did it win them anything?

Would they rather, you think there exciting or,be the winners!

International tournements are about winning,nothing else I'm afraid.

The reason England are still in it this time is because we have a manager who realises its not about entertainment, but keeping the ball and being patient.

Germany are also likely to concede goals and played Greece not France.

Spain are World and European Champions for a reason,Germany aren't for the same reason.

Didn't Germany stuff us 2 years ago? Did it win them anything?

Would they rather, you think there exciting or,be the winners!

International tournements are about winning,nothing else I'm afraid.

The reason England are still in it this time is because we have a manager who realises its not about entertainment, but keeping the ball and being patient.

I didn't say Spain were a bad side or anything, I just simply said they are boring, if that wins them trophies then good for them but it doesn't make them exciting.

I don't think Germany are that far behind Spain anyway, it would be a very close game.

England's ball retention in this tournament has been very average, the reason we've got this far is the defence and shape of our team.

Jordan that is spot on. I find the way Germany play much easier to watch, Spain although technically better, fanny around with the ball uneccessarily, they make 4 passes when 1 would do.

I didn't say Spain were a bad side or anything, I just simply said they are boring, if that wins them trophies then good for them but it doesn't make them exciting.

I don't think Germany are that far behind Spain anyway, it would be a very close game.

England's ball retention in this tournament has been very average, the reason we've got this far is the defence and shape of our team.

Englands ball retention may well be average when you compare with other teams.

But there ball retention when compared to England teams over the last 25 years has been 100% better.

That's the difference in England this time.

Take Gerrard, normaly 7-10 passes are "Hollywood" balls ( of which only 1 may come off and 6 will give the ball away) Hodgson has got that down to 1-2 out of 10, that's why he's having a better tournement.

Italy have always been a boring side, but they have won 4 World cups!

Jordan that is spot on. I find the way Germany play much easier to watch, Spain although technically better, fanny around with the ball uneccessarily, they make 4 passes when 1 would do.

That's exactly what the Acadamy and young teams at the pro clubs in this country are NOW being taught.

Why risk giving the ball away with 1 pass when

4 will keep you the ball.:)

People may not like it, but it's the way to win in top football.

Englands ball retention may well be average when you compare with other teams.

But there ball retention when compared to England teams over the last 25 years has been 100% better.

That's the difference in England this time.

Take Gerrard, normaly 7-10 passes are "Hollywood" balls ( of which only 1 may come off and 6 will give the ball away) Hodgson has got that down to 1-2 out of 10, that's why he's having a better tournement.

Italy have always been a boring side, but they have won 4 World cups!

Italy aren't set up to keep the ball for long periods though. They set up to keep a clean-sheet, be organised and win the ugly way.

When it was Spain vs Italy in the group stages, Italy were actually the more exciting of the 2 teams.

Italy aren't set up to keep the ball for long periods though. They set up to keep a clean-sheet, be organised and win the ugly way.

When it was Spain vs Italy in the group stages, Italy were actually the more exciting of the 2 teams.

Really? I thought Torres could have scored 4 in the last 20 minutes.

Italy will keep the ball as long as they have to, they always have.

Its nothing to do with any setting up, it's the players they have and the way they always play there football.

Really? I thought Torres could have scored 4 in the last 20 minutes.

Italy will keep the ball as long as they have to, they always have.

Its nothing to do with any setting up, it's the players they have and the way they always play there football.

Surely having more players in midfield makes it easier to keep the ball due to the number of bodies in close proximity.

Not sure why Spain are getting so much stick, they haven't broken sweat yet and are in the semi final. If England played like them we would all be saying how great it is to watch. At the end of the day teams can't harm you if they don't have the ball.

Not sure why Spain are getting so much stick, they haven't broken sweat yet and are in the semi final. If England played like them we would all be saying how great it is to watch. At the end of the day teams can't harm you if they don't have the ball.

I can only presume its because they don't play the "English way" lump it forward and whack it in the mixer!!

The way that we have had so much succsess over the last 80 years!!!!!!!!

Not giving Spain stick, their record stands up for close scrutiny. It is just that their style of play, however technically great, is not in my opinion enjoyable to watch. I agree with other posters in that Germany are much more pleasing on the eye. Even with a relatively suspect defense, it seems to be a case of "who cares what you score, we'll score more". And not, I might add, in a recklessly cavalier Keegan-esque manner.

the reason i dont enjoy watching spain is the same reason i dont enjoy watching barca play technically brilliant il give you but boring as **** i dont enjoy it one bit i wana see, mistakes breaks, counter attacks be on the egde of my seat not slumped back in the chair praying for the final whistle .

Not giving Spain stick, their record stands up for close scrutiny. It is just that their style of play, however technically great, is not in my opinion enjoyable to watch. I agree with other posters in that Germany are much more pleasing on the eye. Even with a relatively suspect defense, it seems to be a case of "who cares what you score, we'll score more". And not, I might add, in a recklessly cavalier Keegan-esque manner.

And the way we play is enjoyable to watch?

thank god italy cant keep the ball for long periods.otherwise it might have been a onesided game!

Archived