IGNORED

Cardiff

Northern Red

I have heard that part two of their franchise plan is to also change the name from Cardiff City to 'Cardiff Red Dragons' While most City fans are p*ssing themselves at the way Cardiff sold out without a thought for their supporters. I think the FA ought to stop this rebranding and franchising of clubs immediatley or before long we will have teams with names like Burger King Wanderers,, Sony Athletic and Nissan Allstars, it must stop now

What I don't understand, is that this £100 mil seems to come with 1 condition, Red. A big proviso to demand, but I guess understandable from the investors pov.. BUT it's added to debt. So in reality if say, they don't go up in the next 2 years, or even humoursly go down, the loan could be called in.

To me that's a huge risk. It doesn't acknowledge or solve the obvious problem (£1mil a month loss).

Given the FFP ruling, it really could be shit or bust for Cardiff.

I have heard that part two of their franchise plan is to also change the name from Cardiff City to 'Cardiff Red Dragons' While most City fans are p*ssing themselves at the way Cardiff sold out without a thought for their supporters. I think the FA ought to stop this rebranding and franchising of clubs immediatley or before long we will have teams with names like Burger King Wanderers,, Sony Athletic and Nissan Allstars, it must stop now

I'm pretty sure there's an FA rule about changing your teams name to reflect a sponsorship deal, though obviously that wouldn't affect Cardiff becoming 'The Dragons' or something similar

What I don't understand, is that this £100 mil seems to come with 1 condition, Red. A big proviso to demand, but I guess understandable from the investors pov.. BUT it's added to debt. So in reality if say, they don't go up in the next 2 years, or even humoursly go down, the loan could be called in.

To me that's a huge risk. It doesn't acknowledge or solve the obvious problem (£1mil a month loss).

Yep reading that, this £100m investment isn't equity but debt owed to the club and at one other point it's stated that VT will then expect to make his money back. He's already stuck in £35m, so he thinks he's going to make £135m back in the Prem?

As much as we all like to laugh at Cardiff, their fans have been shat on, big time.

Yep reading that, this £100m investment isn't equity but debt owed to the club and at one other point it's stated that VT will then expect to make his money back. He's already stuck in £35m, so he thinks he's going to make £135m back in the Prem?

As much as we all like to laugh at Cardiff, their fans have been shat on, big time.

Your last paragraph is what makes this whole situation so fantastic. It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of pikey inbreds!

If anyone's interested, they held a quite lively-sounding meeting to discuss season ticket refunds this evening. Full report here

Putting the fact that its CCFC being talked about to one side this could be any club BCFC included being well and truly screwed over Football has no morals from Blatter and his money grabbing spongers at the top downwards,the current Premier League Sky/BT sellout games scattered about to any dates and kick-off times top league in the world bullshit only because Carlos Kickabout has the skill and basic technique to pass,control,use the ball and actually shoot straight.........Since 1966 apart from one or 2 exceptions England have been pathetic and if this latest Euro /World cup crap is all we can do then so much for all this money coming in to the chosen few at the top, Cardiff have bobbed and weaved through so many winding up orders with the promise of jam tomorrow that i can't feel sorry for the club one bit ,,,,,,,,,the fans yes i can see why they are pissed off and angry as for Sam the man coming back it would be like someone shagging your Mrs then inviting them round for tea ...

I have heard that part two of their franchise plan is to also change the name from Cardiff City to 'Cardiff Red Dragons' While most City fans are p*ssing themselves at the way Cardiff sold out without a thought for their supporters. I think the FA ought to stop this rebranding and franchising of clubs immediatley or before long we will have teams with names like Burger King Wanderers,, Son

y Athletic and Nissan Allstars, it must stop now

Just putting my Devil's Advocate hat on, but you could argue that this has all happened before and Arsenal, for example, wouldn't have their name if someone in the 19th Century hadn't done similar. Bristol Rovers would still be the Black Arabs had name changes not been common back then.

Whether it happens or not the statements indicate that when the Langston debt is settled (they have been made an offer), that only then will a debt to equity swap take place. Providing the Langston debt is sorted I see no real reason why this wouldn't happen, would surely be rather pointless calling in a huge debt the club could never pay, least with equity and a more stable balance sheet he could sell the club on in the future.

Joking aside, you Wurzels should be concerned about these changes. At the next Severnside derby, you won't even be the best team on the field playing in red. :)

God, I cannot wait till the next Severnside derby. I appreciate that if Bristol City fans need any surgery then it is the removal of the extra digit on the right hand, but really, you cannot beat ripping them a new arsehole.And it is a nice feeling being part of the biggest day of your lots season. A bit like when a major celebrity unexpectedly turns up at a village fete. It's cute.

God, I cannot wait till the next Severnside derby. I appreciate that if Bristol City fans need any surgery then it is the removal of the extra digit on the right hand, but really, you cannot beat ripping them a new arsehole.And it is a nice feeling being part of the biggest day of your lots season. A bit like when a major celebrity unexpectedly turns up at a village fete. It's cute.

Oh gosh....you got us there! How ever will we be able to compete with such "banter".............

After reading that report I don't think you should be too concerned about us. You have far, far, bigger worries than the 2 games against us next season.

You are in one hell of a mess, can you honestly see a way out without selling your soul (no pun intended)? Your owner isn't just pulling the strings, more like the ropes which are wrapped around your gonads.

Leave them to it, it's pretty hilarious seeing some of their supporters trying to justify these actions, it's funny that an owner can come in to them from nowhere and change pretty much everything the club has stood for based on not much more than looking at Russell Grants Astrology charts.

If you could, you would..we regularly beat you at Ashton Gate..and, not withstanding relegation battles, it is the biggest game of your season by some margin.

Bluebirds!

Bluebirds who play in Red? This can only be deemed a normal thing in Cardiff.

If you could, you would..we regularly beat you at Ashton Gate..and, not withstanding relegation battles, it is the biggest game of your season by some margin.

Bluebirds!

Awww bless, slightly exaggerated self importence me thinks. I can assure you that the two games against you lot are far from the first team we all look for on the fixture list when it comes out. Don't get me wrong we enjoy a win over your lot but only a smidge more than Plymouth. This is reflected in our attendance figures for the games against you lot!!

You are the laughing stocks / desperate whores of the football league and should not be bantering as if you are some kind of massive club!!

If you can read English ,check your record books, we are WAAAAY ahead!

One spanking and one total fluke in FORTY odd years?

Too be fair, like the majority, he probably only discovered Cardiff around the time they started buying success.

But hey, after waiting since 1972? For a win at Adhton Gate it had to happen some time

Archived