IGNORED

Cardiff

Northern Red

Some choice quotes from that article. Incredible reading. Their Chief Executive hasnt got a clue whats going on :icecream:

Quote:

It was at this stage than Alan Whiteley [chief executive] made the first of several claims that I find to be astounding. He stated that if we wanted to break even next season, the ticket price for every fan in the ground would have to rise by £25. If we wanted to make money, the price of each ticket would have to rise by £75. He confirmed that this was on a game by game basis, and not on the season ticket price. This was working with an average attendance of 22,000 people. This means that in total, to make money next season the club would have to make an extra £1,650,000 for every home match.

Quote:

Alan Whiteley stated that the additional money would initially go into the club as debt. Far from the club being debt free, the debt is actually going to increase as a result of this rebrand. He was asked if he though the rebranding would work in Asia and bring in additional money, he responded “I don’t know, I am not an Asian”. icon_lol.gif This once again resulted in anger from the crowd, no questions were being answered properly and it was extremely frustrating to try and get a straight answer. Whiteley stated that “Vincent Tan has not put in black and white where he thinks the money will come from, he just believes he can do it”. He then stated that it was “irrelevant if the rebranding worked or not, because it was Vincent Tans money being risked and not that of the club”. When asked if they had questioned Vincent Tan at all on this issue by a fan, he replied “If you want to buy out Vincent Tan and keep the club blue we will be delighted” but confirmed they had not looked for any additional financing from anyone other than the Malaysians. After referring to 2012 being the year of the dragon in China, one fan asked if we would “have had a rat on the badge if it had been the year of the rat?”. There was no answer.

Quote:

Someone asked if they agreed that Vincent Tan was blackmailing the club with his demands, and Whiteley responded “It’s not blackmail, it’s offering money with certain conditions”

Too be fair, like the majority, he probably only discovered Cardiff around the time they started buying success.

But hey, after waiting since 1972? For a win at Adhton Gate it had to happen some time

With reference to success..In 4 years from 1979 to 1983 Bristol City's crowds went from 22,306 to 4,799..a fall of nigh on 80%. I haven't checked, but I suspect that in the course of British football history it's possible never before have so many deserted a club so rapidly merely because they have become less successful. It's plausible, that statistically, from a historical perspective Bristol City are the living embodiment of the glory-hunting club, or more accurately the home of the part-time fan. (present company excluded)

http://european-foot....uk/england.htm

With reference to the lack of Cardiff victories in the 1970's and 1980's..hmm, well, that was a long time ago..it's pretty tragic to be so concerned about statistics from those kind of eras..

With reference to success..In 4 years from 1979 to 1983 Bristol City's crowds went from 22,306 to 4,799..a fall of nigh on 80%. I haven't checked, but I suspect that in the course of British football history it's possible never before have so many deserted a club so rapidly merely because they have become less successful. It's plausible, that statistically, from a historical perspective Bristol City are the living embodiment of the glory-hunting club, or more accurately the home of the part-time fan. (present company excluded)

http://european-foot....uk/england.htm

With reference to the lack of Cardiff victories in the 1970's and 1980's..hmm, well, that was a long time ago..it's pretty tragic to be so concerned about statistics from those kind of eras..

I was merely contesting the fact that you intimated that you only had to turn up to Ashton and you won, and that my friend is utter crap !

They won learn will they? First Sham Hamman almost made them bankrupt, now this.

As much as I hate Cardiff City, I do feel sorry for their genuine fans - this Tan bloke seems to be using their club as a toy, without actually spending any of his own money, and their board are just shrugging & going along with it.

Think they are at serious risk of doing a Pompey / Rangers.

My tongue is firmly in my cheek with most posts..nah, I know. We lost, what 3-0 the christmas before last. I'm sure it will be a fiercely contested and competitive game as usual.

We know cbl (I think). Unlike that 1 leggeddwarf eunuch freak, robin Fridays ghost, you come on here when Cardiff fail, with good grace.

Yep reading that, this £100m investment isn't equity but debt owed to the club and at one other point it's stated that VT will then expect to make his money back. He's already stuck in £35m, so he thinks he's going to make £135m back in the Prem?

As much as we all like to laugh at Cardiff, their fans have been shat on, big time.

So the song is correct then.

"Always shit on the welsh side of the bridge

I do actually feel for the cardiff fans - even those who come on here for the banter are only doing what we would do if the positions were reversed (defend our club regardless). Football at our level needs decent rivalries, its what separates us from the sterile, MTV world of the EPL because it's real and cant be bought or sold. We should all be worried about the prospect of future foreign ownership / investment - even when we appear to be in the fortunate position of not needing it right now.

Quote:

He stated that if we wanted to break even next season, the ticket price for every fan in the ground would have to rise by £25. If we wanted to make money, the price of each ticket would have to rise by £75.

This is the one bit I can't get my head around, so maybe someone can enlighten me.... If they increase their ticket price by £25 per match they break even, meaning that they neither make nor lose money.... That being the case, surely the tickets would "only" have to rise by £25.01 to make money. Why the extra £50?!?

one of the other things would fill me with dread if I was a blue(red)birds fan include the comment about this being a small business interest to Tan. Definitely Pompey mk 2 in the making here.

The only other thing that people have picked up on and made out it's a bad thing is the fact that Tan's investment is going to increase the debt. Surely this is a wonderful thing for Baadiff isn't it? They'll be even more in the red, and we all know what a lucky colour that is, according to Vincent Tan!

Archived