IGNORED

Spain V Italy

Super

Apart from the fact he has finished like that before!

Cracking finish, I don't rate the bloke in any shape or form, but I will recognise a good bit of skill, even if I don't rate someone

The only reason i think it was lucky is because

most of welbecks 2nd touches are tackles as his firsts are that bad

Im guessing he is in the same camp as me who think i was a bad 1st touch by welbeck

No chance it was a bad touch he meant to do it no question. It makes me laugh that had Iniesta scored the exact same goal people would be saying that's why he's one of the greatest ever players to play the game!!

The only reason i think it was lucky is because

most of welbecks 2nd touches are tackles as his firsts are that bad

That is true, he has a trampoline attached to his foot most of the time he has his back to goal. If he had got his proper first touch it would have ended up in row Z

No chance it was a bad touch he meant to do it no question. It makes me laugh that had Iniesta scored the exact same goal people would be saying that's why he's one of the greatest ever players to play the game!!

Next your going to tell us that Rooneys over head kick goal v Man City didnt come off his shin

Spain which is a relatively small nation will dominate world football at club and international level for the next 10 years atleast...

Their current national team win everything

Their Under 21s win everything

Their under 19s win everything

Their under 17s win everything

Real and Barca will always be in the latter stages of the Champions League...

Too good.

Cassias

Can never make up my mind if he is one of the worlds best keepers

or the worlds luckiest

One of the worlds best surely, he has very little saves to make but the best ones are the ones who have nothing to do all game then pull off a world class stop.

Also 136 caps and 500+ club games at the age of 30 for top sides isn't something a decent keeper achieves.

Cassias

or the worlds luckiest

Both, you make your own luck, he is brave, makes his decision, more often than not it comes off... Because he believes in his own ability

Spain which is a relatively small nation will dominate world football at club and international level for the next 10 years atleast...

Their current national team win everything

Their Under 21s win everything

Their under 19s win everything

Their under 17s win everything

Real and Barca will always be in the latter stages of the Champions League...

Too good.

Netherlands are the current U17 Champions and Ghana won the U20s world cup.

Spain will be a very strong side for a long time to come I'm sure, but just because you win things at youth level doesn't mean that will translate to senior international level. Xavi and Iniesta don't grow on trees, even in Spain.

Cassias

or the worlds luckiest

I'm with you on that point, understand where Jordan is coming from but he always punches when it looks easier to catch and I've never watched him and thought he looks a real top class keeper, I'm not saying he's a poor keeper bu the way but I'm fairly sure if given a choice of him or Joe Hart I would pick Hart!!

Can't argue with the medals he's won though so fair play to him.

I better add I've not watched many of his games in comparison to how many he's played so I could be off the mark!!

I'm with you on that point, understand where Jordan is coming from but he always punches when it looks easier to catch and I've never watched him and thought he looks a real top class keeper, I'm not saying he's a poor keeper bu the way but I'm fairly sure if given a choice of him or Joe Hart I would pick Hart!!

Can't argue with the medals he's won though so fair play to him.

I think us English put too much into this catching rather than punching malarky. Punching does not make you a bad keeper. it is just another way with dealing with it. many teams set up for the punch so they can hit on the counter attack quickly. Also it is far less dangerous if you are a good puncher. Once caught, you can still be hit, you can still lose the ball has you hit the deck, and sometimes you cannot reach the ball properly to catch. Of course, You have to be a good puncher, but that is exactly what he is, Unlike James!

Netherlands are the current U17 Champions and Ghana won the U20s world cup.

Spain will be a very strong side for a long time to come I'm sure, but just because you win things at youth level doesn't mean that will translate to senior international level. Xavi and Iniesta don't grow on trees, even in Spain.

Aslong as Barcelona keep their La Masia academy up and running Spain will always have top playmakers. Sergi Samper will be the next, he's in the Barca youth system and they see him as Xavi's replacement.

I think us English put too much into this catching rather than punching malarky. Punching does not make you a bad keeper. it is just another way with dealing with it. many teams set up for the punch so they can hit on the counter attack quickly. Also it is far less dangerous if you are a good puncher. Once caught, you can still be hit, you can still lose the ball has you hit the deck, and sometimes you cannot reach the ball properly to catch. Of course, You have to be a good puncher, but that is exactly what he is, Unlike James!

That's was a cracking save I will give him that!!

As you say, it's always been the English way that keepers should catch the ball.

Times have changed,let's be honest if you take away Hart we haven't got another classy English keeper.

Which seems to say that the foreign goalkeeping way of doing things is now the best.

As you say, it's always been the English way that keepers should catch the ball.

Times have changed,let's be honest if you take away Hart we haven't got another classy English keeper.

Which seems to say that the foreign goalkeeping way of doing things is now the best.

Is there that many top top class keepers around these days compared to 5,10 or 15 years back?

Archived